THE's brutal end.

DeletedUser92

As they say, things happen in threes. I actually popped on the other day to randomly check up and saw this thread still alive, so I thought I'd say hello as well. Oh, wait, I did; I spoke to Tango for a while on Skype! Long missed, hopefully not long until we speak again!

Jubs; yeah, THE is still officially around, but I'm officially retired and I think there's, like, a few ghosts hanging around. I dunno. Ghosts are spooky, so I don't look around very often. I log in from time to time but where THE lives on are the players who still play, wherever they play. As a few people have said, they're still as formidable as you'd imagine. I think we all knew that boredom, in combination with the real world, was the thing that would unseat us - and that's nothing new to TW, since burn-out is the clearest cause of tribal demise. Many of our best guys left or took up playing part-time, and while many stepped up to fill the void it just wasn't enough. Real life caught up to folks, and when the stress of being on to repel attacks built into irritation, it was time to quit. I, for one, got a girlfriend who had no interest in TW and no interest in seeing me on it, either. That combined with paranoia (some justified, some not) and an already-present malaise to the negativity that hung around caused us all to lose our passions. I was definitely a part of that negativity, but that's the way things go when people get heated and things get lost in translation.

I think my years in Tribalwars has mostly served as a lesson about our natures and interactions. I think a bajillion people deserve a lot of credit, and trying to pinpoint "just a few" over a four year time period is disrespectful to so many that I can't even begin to mention, so...No pointing at people and saying, "thanks for that." Anyhow, that's that I guess. As if it wasn't official-enough before, y'know? I'm around in-game (If you don't know where, ask here), and I'm always up for conversations about the latest things in your lives, but I'm not interested in returning. (And the offers have been -very- few.)

DeletedUser79042

I allways expect some (or even most) of the past adversaries to show up at some point. I may get to do that as well when I quit...

So, JP:
THE is still officially around

Cause you failed to push the disband key out of choice. Maybe it has to do with your pride, maybe it has to do with your stupidity, maybe it has to do with your indifference, maybe all the aforementioned... I would not know. I do not care anymore for quite along time. I think most do not anyway...

THE belongs to the past, it should have been disbanded a long time ago, but -again- congrats for running a model tribe of the 1st year of this world. I am sure you did a splendid job back then.

I'm around in-game (If you don't know where, ask here)

coordinates ? :lol: (I asked :lol: )

Despite our "controversies", good to read a post from you and cheers !

robot out (missed that ? :lol:)

DeletedUser92

So, JP:

Cause you failed to push the disband key out of choice.

Last I checked, and it very well may have changed, if the tribe is disbanded the records for it (I.E. top scores, top ranks, etc) are deleted by sites such as TWStats. That wouldn't be fair to those accomplishments you just mentioned, and the many others THE had accomplished on this world and others. As for the tribe's actual soul, its players, I already covered that. Most of the rest of what you suggested as a reason is most of my own reason for retiring, so take that as you'd like.

DeletedUser79042

so take that as you'd like

I take it as I do like. It was an act of hurt pride. Nothing else. Still you may keep saying all the other stuff...

DeletedUser71844

Cause you failed to push the disband key out of choice. Maybe it has to do with your pride, maybe it has to do with your stupidity, maybe it has to do with your indifference, maybe all the aforementioned... I would not know. I do not care anymore for quite along time. I think most do not anyway...

THE belongs to the past, it should have been disbanded a long time ago, but -again- congrats for running a model tribe of the 1st year of this world. I am sure you did a splendid job back then.

Pushing the disband button is harder than you think.
A lesser man would have crumbled with Jp's burden.

DeletedUser79042

Pushing the disband button is harder than you think.

You know less than you seem to...
Anyway, THE is gone, some players still play a good game. Let's keep it like this and the phantom Dukes of the past, in their time capsules.