These forums suck now.

DeletedUser

Mhmm...

balekermitmhmm.gif

Go on...

DeletedUser

By all means discuss how to make the forums better but don't start Mod bashing, for it will simply result in the thread being closed.

Its cause all the posts keep getting deleted :icon_neutral:

Well that's just one big vicious cycle.

DeletedUser

I suggest getting rid of truscott, hes the one responsible for them getting boring D:<

DeletedUser

Or people could start making interesting topics and people could reply encourage conversation instead of flaming each other.

DeletedUser

Ok to sum this up very quickly. I know that i'm not the best Mod going. I know that I often make mistakes when dealing with issues at hand. An example of me making a pigs ear of things would be Rudegar's goodbye thread. Fair enough, I can except that.

However since starting this job roughly 6 months back, I haven't made one unfair decision. I haven't been biased in anyway, shape or form. I haven't been overly harsh in my punishments and I have offered to reverse my punishments and mistakes on several occasions.

So where's does the problem lie?

Mostly the problem is caused by idiots who think it's acceptable to insult others, swear like there's no tomorrow and go off-topic even after I have threatenned to close a thread.

Now if we think about this logically here, my job is to delete harmful material and to keep threads on track. Of course there are other minor things like mending links, correcting titles, etc but they can be overlooked for now.

I don't see how I am failing to do my job propperly by deleting and infracting for insults and deleting off-topic posts.

Regardless of whether you enjoy flaming and insulting more that writing intelligent posts, I can't change the rules and the guidlines that I have to work around. If you go off-topic and insult others then of course the forums are going to be dead.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't be bothered if nobody spoke here for months at a time =P

DeletedUser

these forums are active once a month comparing to its activity b4 you came o_O

DeletedUser

Meh when I turned up y'all said you got through a mod every month or two. When I arrived almost everything was flaming.

DeletedUser47572

I agree with sam the forums were a lot more active prior to truscott, and they were a lot more enjoyable in my humble opinion.

Now by no means is this an attempt at mod bashing, far from it I am sure its unenviable job at the best of times. However there has to be a limit to the level of moderation of what is and what is not acceptable, now in my opinion an insult which is given in jest and is not profane, nor vulgar is part of life and they can be funny, witty and provide an enjoyable level of banter.

I have found that the W18 forums have pretty much become dead now, and I can say from personal experience truscott has put me off using them as much as I used too. I know that is a similar experience for many others as well.

bomberace101

Everyone just sees it as over-modding because prior to Truscott we never had anyone telling us what we can and cant post.

DeletedUser

ill still remember him as that silly old dutchman fool that killed this forum :D

DeletedUser

I believe truscott once posted what are acceptable insults and/or flaming, and what are not. As long as the insults are limited to in-game, not going far beyond RL insults, It's ok. And in my opinion, flaming each other at the forums keeps it healthy.

I think truscott has deleted posts that are only implying to in-game insults. And even deleted posts that are slightly off topic, in the blink of an eye! But I believe he has changed that. He gives warning now before he deletes posts. So I suggest, if you don't wanna get your posts deleted, try to obey by the rules. But mod, please allow more in-game flaming. It's fun to read posts like that :)

DeletedUser

I believe truscott once posted what are acceptable insults and/or flaming, and what are not. As long as the insults are limited to in-game, not going far beyond RL insults, It's ok. And in my opinion, flaming each other at the forums keeps it healthy.

I think truscott has deleted posts that are only implying to in-game insults. And even deleted posts that are slightly off topic, in the blink of an eye! But I believe he has changed that. He gives warning now before he deletes posts. So I suggest, if you don't wanna get your posts deleted, try to obey by the rules. But mod, please allow more in-game flaming. It's fun to read posts like that :)

Mhmm...

balekermitmhmm.gif

Go on...

(PS I couldn't resist - this kermit thing is the best :))

DeletedUser67005

It's a good picture... :p Personally, I think that the forums used to be much better, but had nothing to do with truscott. All forums become dead eventually. Look at W12. Its also due to the players leaving the world, theres been a lot of them...

DeletedUser

Less players means less players on the forums.

Unless every inactive count is going to get a new owner i dont see this trend reversing.
(you are welcome with the kermit gif)