They are so many...

DeletedUser

nah danish is in the northern family of germanic tongues.. from the old norse.... now if old english was still spoken today the norse langauages and old english would be mroe in common.. but the anglo-saxon started to mutate and form in with the frisian and created modern english.. so looking at old enlish.... ill give an example here.... Hwæt wé Gár-Dena in geár-dagum þéod-cyninga þrym gefrúnon, hú ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.... meaning..... So the Spear-Danes in days gone by and their Kings... .....the first being old english and the second being modern english..they are not all that common... and are hardly related... this text by the way is from the anglo-saxon heroic epic.. Beowulf

DeletedUser68

yeah i know beowulf, but nevertheless, i can understand danish because i speak frysk

DeletedUser

yea, its just a matter of where you live... all germanic tounges shouldnt be that hard to understand when you speak a germanic language yourself... its just something they all have in common... i can not read, write or speak swedish, but i understand it fine when someone is speaking it to me.. its rather odd.

DeletedUser68

indeed, but the weird thing is, if they start speaking french, that is in grammer more related to germanic, i have no clue what they are saying, but i do understand gealic

DeletedUser

Well if we are calling our ancestors to fight then i will have to call the vikings. By the way Asbjorn witch language do you speak that is so similar to swedish?

DeletedUser

I say the top tribes start a cold war since beginner protection is still on lets have a arms race who can get the most points and men built up before the nuke is launched a.k.a the protection comes off and all hell breaks lose.

DeletedUser

Heres an idea

Well since the mods dont appear to do anything due to the fact that it isnt really effecting game play that much only one thing to do.

Start Irish ,English ,Finnish ,German ,Dutch ,French ,Spanish ,Greek and every other type of tribe. That way the mods will have to take action and disband all of them.

Also is your Avatar from Rome Total War? Weston

DeletedUser

No

No no thats the Julii Brut one is eather the blue sword or the green thing horse i think. Then theres the senate which is purple.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Same, i heard they got a new midevil one out but havnt gotten a chance to buy it.

DeletedUser

yeah. by the way have you played that version when your barbarians attacking rome instead of the opposite

DeletedUser

Ya, the pack i bought had them both:) .

Played it but over time you can only play as a few tribes not all of them. I really wanted to play as Brits. But Saxons are fine also.

DeletedUser

Ya, the pack i bought had them both:) .

Played it but over time you can only play as a few tribes not all of them. I really wanted to play as Brits. But Saxons are fine also.

You obviously aren't very good at the game.

DeletedUser

I don't see any problem with a large amount of turkish players. I'm just going to report them if they don't message me in english...:p

DeletedUser

You obviously aren't very good at the game.

I admit i havent really gotten the hang of the entire thing.
I have conquered Londinium easy first then negotiated for the last two then i had my specific villages set. After that all i had to do was combat huns and roman rebels while conquering east.

Saxons are easy for me after conquering with them then trying others it got boring. I much rather replay conquering in the normal Rome Total War.

Also i dont play sim city i go for Ensemble Studios games such as Ages of Empires 1-3 + X packs . Some may say its more economy based than war but i like it for what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

COME ON GUYS/GIRLS ... let them build villages for us.... We need readymade villages, right ?? :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I admit i havent really gotten the hang of the entire thing.
I have conquered Londinium easy first then negotiated for the last two then i had my specific villages set. After that all i had to do was combat huns and roman rebels while conquering east.

Saxons are easy for me after conquering with them then trying others it got boring. I much rather replay conquering in the normal Rome Total War.

Also i dont play sim city i go for Ensemble Studios games such as Ages of Empires 1-3 + X packs . Some may say its more economy based than war but i like it for what it is.

I was talking about the total war games in general.

I haven't played rome: total war for quite a while but I'm sure the factions are opened by conquering them, like on medieval: total war 2. I may be wrong though, don't take my word for it.

DeletedUser

I don't see any problem with a large amount of turkish players. I'm just going to report them if they don't message me in english...:p

Well im guessing that won't take long, from the looks of their profiles.

Conversations i can see happening in the future: (If they speak english)

"Your attacking me because im Turkish"
"No, im attacking you because you are weak."
"Im not weak, my tribe has 5 sister tribes, all almost full and we have 40 allies. "
"That makes you weak."
"And your just saying that because you don't want to get banned. Your a racist."
"Im not racist. You made it about your race when you joined a 'Turkish' tribe and wrote some of your profiles in a language other than English. I think your hiding behind the fact that you are Turkish, so that you can 'blame' everyone else when you get attacked.

If you really thought you would get discriminated against, then you should have done what everyone else does and created a proxy."
"You are such a racist."

Granted, there are other tribes with real world connections but i think these players are starting to push the boundaries of what is acceptable.