Things aren't always so Fleezy...

Williamthefirst

I did actually say that in game features, such as LA, PA etc should be retained. I raged against co-playing, scripts etc etc (I do not know much of anything like this lol)
One of the top reasons this game does not have a high retention rate of new players is the habit of players smashing them up and taking their villages, so they never come back or get a chance to learn. One of W97's top accounts has nobled forty villages under 1k. This is seen as good game play and is probably to be aspired to.
I will never win :D

Williamthefirst

Imagine no co-playing, players would not be able to do the old "it wasn't me, it was my co, gone rogue" routine. Everyone knows it is a fib, but it must be swallowed none the less. So it would immediately make players more accountable and this could engender more trust within the game.

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
meh :p some of us don't like to sleep if our accounts aren't being watched.... conflict of interest.... I'll keep my cos & my sleep TYVM :D

DeletedUser121451

Yeah, "it was my co" can easily be countered by "it was your account". Being able to spend 4 hours per day on the game (which is still an overestimation if you have a job and a family and a social life) while others can spend 18 hours per day (because f.e. they're still in school and have no responsibilities) is a whole other level of problem. Without co's or sitters, then you're just growing your villages to be eaten by those that can be online when you can't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Williamthefirst

Unwatched accounts is no problem, there is the sit option for that, you would just have to be a little more canny is all.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
co-players makes the account sitting option obsolete and tends to be an easy way for players to gain a prebuilt village without doing anything
besides who likes having someone else play a game for them just so they have a chance of winning...

also ill like to note that most co-players that ive seen join an account rarely last more then 2 months
before they suddenly disappear without a word and the player is then looking for another co-player
sometimes makes me think they just change the password after they get a new village.....

DeletedUser121451

Nah, it's because this game takes up too much time, and playing your own account is more fun than playing someone else's. So they find a new world to play on their own account or they discover that spending time on non-game stuff holds more value than being second fiddle on someone else's account.
If you have to trick someone in order to gain villages, you don't last long in a world anyway, so that doesn't seem like a common practice (and none that I've seen happening around me).