Things not about Manic

The Great 1One1

Wait, Gzed gets equated with Deus now? That's rather nasty, don't want my boys to get their rep ruined because this hoodlum gzed failed D:

edit; nevermind. By the time Cypherrr gets K45 dominance (if ever), I'll be long gone. Carry on!

gzed IS equated with Deus. Wasn't he a previous duke? Didn't he found Deus, or at least wasn't he an integral part of their foundation? He continually posts in Deus' name and Deus players have never shown any resistance to this. (If you were joking, ignore this).

And what if cypherrr gets k45 dominance in 2010? If you quit before Jan 2011, does this not negate your previous arguments about how family tribes shorten the length of the world?

DeletedUser

I worded that poorly, my point, while joking (really, who cares, save Gzed's wallet :icon_razz:), was that blaming the whole for an individual mistake would be skewed.

@Length of the world; Um, no, not really. Storm can take a really long time to end this world, but that does not mean the world has not already ended in a spiritual sense long before then.

If, say, DLV still lived and opposed 'ending', then the world will not have 'ended', but if it's just Storm F. and DLV, I'd say it's pretty damn dead.

The argument about family tribes still very much holds, thanks.

DeletedUser

you know rukoh.. ive always wondered about this...

The object is to control the world correct?
In order to do this it is your job as a duke to ensure your members have what it takes to go all the way.
Now, that being said rukoh Deus prides itself on very little recruitment and tight recruitment processes. Yet you have tried to recruit my members (of course this was when we were allies) And you have the top players of III,Tuff and a few other nub tribes?

Ok all jokes aside.. If you came to play this world, to not recruit and try to be the "best" tribe there is, without keeping an active tribe, nor merging, nor making a familly tribe(=TTD= Cough,cough) to accomplish what exactly? You spend 2 years in a world to just die off..? You yourself have admitted you dont think you will pull through, But yet you can sit there and critize my leadership and recruitment styles? My strategic battles? to what? just the masses? I do think i have always fought multiple tribes, i have fought scince joingin in this world. To be blunt here rukoh, i think your too proud, and too high on yourself to realize that this game is about winning wars. It is about taking your team as far as you can. And I hope to god you realize what your mistakes are after you do leave, becuase the end out come, even if it is us and DLV.. atleast DLV had the heart to give it there all and do everything they could to make it there.

wIz.

DeletedUser

It's a game. The goal is to have fun. Controlling the world is only 'useful' as long as it is in line with the goal of having fun. If there is no-one left to fight, it would be no fun.

Accomplishments..? I had a great two years. To me, that counts for a lot. I've experienced a lot, I've picked up some things along the way, and had an awesome time (I should hope). I like to think that's the goal for everyone spending time away from RL. It's an investment. It should get you returns. If I wanted to 'accomplish', don't you reckon working yourself up in your job would be a better bet?

Would my experiences change if I start regretting things after I leave? No. In fact, it would soil the work I have put into it. It's like studying for something, and then when you get your degree, thinking back saying; well, that was pretty shit. Is that beneficial? Gods, no.

Don't get me wrong. Hats off to DLV if they got there. Triple thumbs up if they got there while having fun. But for me, if I had to sacrifice the fun in the game to get there, I'd simply rather not.

About recruitment; the TUFF guys now are literally some of the best players I have had the pleasure to play alongsides. A nub tribe? Perhaps. They have done well in all their efforts -- that is the reason why we recruited few; so that the chances of those few turning out better would be greater. Nowhere did I said we did not recruit at all, just that we had higher standards than most :)

DeletedUser

It's a game. The goal is to have fun. Controlling the world is only 'useful' as long as it is in line with the goal of having fun. If there is no-one left to fight, it would be no fun.

Accomplishments..? I had a great two years. To me, that counts for a lot. I've experienced a lot, I've picked up some things along the way, and had an awesome time (I should hope). I like to think that's the goal for everyone spending time away from RL. It's an investment. It should get you returns. If I wanted to 'accomplish', don't you reckon working yourself up in your job would be a better bet?

Would my experiences change if I start regretting things after I leave? No. In fact, it would soil the work I have put into it. It's like studying for something, and then when you get your degree, thinking back saying; well, that was pretty shit. Is that beneficial? Gods, no.

Don't get me wrong. Hats off to DLV if they got there. Triple thumbs up if they got there while having fun. But for me, if I had to sacrifice the fun in the game to get there, I'd simply rather not.

About recruitment; the TUFF guys now are literally some of the best players I have had the pleasure to play alongsides. A nub tribe? Perhaps. They have done well in all their efforts -- that is the reason why we recruited few; so that the chances of those few turning out better would be greater. Nowhere did I said we did not recruit at all, just that we had higher standards than most :)

Adn what make you think that us in storm actualy are actualy sacrifying our fun?

DeletedUser

That is what i am saying.. you do not have higher standards then most.. you put your heads up in the air and think you do. Are we having fun? This side of the world has been fighitng for alongtime rukoh. We have fought form one war to the next, so why would we not be having fun. We also get to meet new people via recruitment. And get to know them, and learn new playing styles or new tactics.. imo.. it is what has helped this tribe.

As for rl?

I have 4 kids, i am a supervisor in the oil industry. When i work, i work 18hrs a day. So i always strive to do my best. I do enjoy RL as much as the next, and do not dedicate everythign to this game. My point in all of this is this rukoh. All i hear from your side is.. We are a nub familly tribe who mass recruit and blah blah. But i think our recruitment has helped us survive so that we did not waste 2 years in this game growing our accounts to just lose them in war. Not that is a bad thing, but i would much rather win at everything i do, rather then settle for second best.

As for the fun part? I have had a blast in this world. That is why its my only world and last world left in this game. I dedicated all efforts in this world to teach, and to take a group all the way to the end. We have fought war after war, which to me, is fun. It is fun atatckign and reading all those reports, nobling a village form RS with 9axes and then joking about it with him.. to me, thats fun. I guess im just tired of hearing the excuses form yourside of the world, when really they have noone to blame but themselves, and their beliefs.

wIz.

DeletedUser

Pretty damn sure HE wouldn't get into Deus. So yes, higher standards. :lol:

I did not actually say you were not having fun. In fact, in my post I don't think I said anything about Storm. Nor did I presume anything about your RL.

In fact, the only points I made were mostly tied to 'waste' 2 years or not. And then you go on and make a post containing the exact words 'waste 2 years'. Makes me think you didn't really bother to read my post. Why are your (virtual) villages more important to you than experiences? Than knowledge? What is 'winning' here? Having a bigger number of virtual villages? I feel like a winner when I'm having a good time and learning stuff on the side. That is 'winning', so how is that second-best?

Who said anything about excuses? Let alone 'blame'? Get your head out of the sand and read my posts for what they are. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Adn what make you think that us in storm actualy are actualy sacrifying our fun?

Again, you're not reading my post properly. All I said in reference to sacrificing fun, was; "But for me, if I had to sacrifice the fun in the game to get there, I'd simply rather not." Wherever does that implicate Storm? This is just a statement, a belief of mine. If sacrificing is a necessity, then rather not.

At some point, I suspect that it will become a necessity in this game, inevitably. That goes for everyone, Storm included. When that time comes, I hope to have the guts to quit.

DeletedUser

Again, you're not reading my post properly. All I said in reference to sacrificing fun, was; "But for me, if I had to sacrifice the fun in the game to get there, I'd simply rather not." Wherever does that implicate Storm? This is just a statement, a belief of mine. If sacrificing is a necessity, then rather not.

At some point, I suspect that it will become a necessity in this game, inevitably. That goes for everyone, Storm included. When that time comes, I hope to have the guts to quit.

the day il stop having fun playing and posting on forum il quit that sure:icon_wink:

I realize what you say now,that's does defend your point of why you act like you act,but that's does not defend your point about why you blame us for acting like we act...if we do have fun,what's the mather?

DeletedUser

Blame? The only blame in this argument placed at Storm's feet is 'ending the world early' -- in that sense, you're killing the fun. Maybe not Wizdom's fun, but if a substantial portion of the world feels that way, the blame is still 'legit'.

DeletedUser55663

Yea Storm, why can't we all just get along and have a slumber party? Don't you always have fun at slumber parties?! :icon_cry: Don't be a bully.

DeletedUser

oh srry, and here i thought we was thr tribal huggers? ok.. lets all stop our war and eat inactives n barbs :D

DeletedUser

nope. I love barbs.. we could just hug and noble up barbs.. and those who still our barbs of course.. and then once we run out of barbs we can just talk in here :)

DeletedUser

we should try that one world haha only noble barbs untill 0 are left then war :D