Time Based Morale

DeletedUser

time based morale is like the normal morale, but it doesn't take points, but when you started.

this means that older players will have trouble attacking newer players. i think thats how it works.

correct me if i'm wrong.

DeletedUser

That makes sense, I'm interested in seeing how well this works out. It makes sense to have such a moral system.

DeletedUser

Have to say that I also like the morale system that takes into account players points. Also, if you start later, your points will lag behind those that started earlier. So will have this end covered too, I think.

DeletedUser

i think that this type or morale favours the newer more skilled players, this is because that if a skilled players starts later than a less skilled one, the better player is able to catch up in points, and still have the advantage of morale.

i dunno if that made sense, but it did to me so yeh...

DeletedUser

Personaly,,Im for 0 morals in some worlds ( more please TW ),and morals in others.

Morals keep it fair and give a chance to newbies to get the swing of the game.

Zero morals gives a chance for good players to play with good players.(becuase the nOObs get killed fast)

I can't wait for the next 2x speed,zero moral world. :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Agree with anewdream here. But one could see this in another way, too. Morale difference helps to even the odds (however slightly) between an experienced, high points player and a noob/newb at this game. So in that sense it is better. Otherwise, you have a situation where you have people who have had years of experience at this game, pre mades etc and they would totally dominate a world and never allow new talent to emerge. I don't know if my meaning is clear.

DeletedUser

what world have this kind of stuff?..I'm lost in this topic and 'want' to catch up :p..

DeletedUser

Go to Tribal war forums,,the look around in general I think it is.You will find all world settings. :)

DeletedUser

I'd go with no morales. This really sucks, but other than that, W37 has great settings.

DeletedUser

20,,50,,100,,200,,500,,1000,,Hahahahaha

Makes no difference to me. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Have to say that I also like the morale system that takes into account players points. Also, if you start later, your points will lag behind those that started earlier. So will have this end covered too, I think.

Agree with anewdream here. But one could see this in another way, too. Morale difference helps to even the odds (however slightly) between an experienced, high points player and a noob/newb at this game. So in that sense it is better. Otherwise, you have a situation where you have people who have had years of experience at this game, pre mades etc and they would totally dominate a world and never allow new talent to emerge. I don't know if my meaning is clear.

Here's MY views on this.......MORAL, the point based system, forces larger players to attack larger players, so as to NOT take a "moral-hit". It allows n00bs to join a world, and actually LEARN the game{or have a chance to} before they have some 500K point player taking their village. It ALSO kinda makes things a little more real world. YES, we ALL know that if I have a million soldiers, and you have 50, that I'm GOING TO BEAT YOU....right?? But, in the real world, when there's an OVERWHELMING force, invading the homeland of a much SMALLER force.....while the larger force USUALLY wins, if the smaller, indigenous force is well led, they can engage in "gurella warfare" and just by the fact that they are smaller, more mobile, know their way around, they will inflict HORRENDOUS casualties on the attacking force. It's the age-old scenario of the HUGH farm cat backing the tiny feild mouse into a corner, in what the mouse considers to be HIS storage shed.....and, well, 7 out of 10 times the mouse will either come out the winner, or AT LEAST have inflicted HORRIBLE wounds to the eyes and face of the much larger cat. So, in a way, I feel that this is one of the MANY ways that TW takes the "human-factor" or just plain NATURE into account.

:heavycavalry::icon_idea:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i found time based morale on another server. i like the idea, but not sure about the period of time in which it takes before morale starts to increase against the lower point players. They acutally added this setting later in w18 and now the lowest morale hits is 50%, even against the guy thats got 2 villages. I think it would take a while until we got to this point on w37, but i think it would eliminate the players that are not gonna get big due to inactivity by opening up a few more targets for the larger players.

DeletedUser

Generally, they implement time based morale when a world has been going on for quite a while.
Those worlds have been closed for new recruits for months and is developed up till the edges of the game world, so it's "fair game": those that developed decently get the upper hand, those that lagged behind get killed. It's basically a way to get a world active again and make it end sooner.
They used to put up a vote on this matter, but I don't know if they'll do that for the newer worlds too.

I'm afraid you guys won't have much to say on this, you'll just have to wait for the "wave" to hit w37.