Time for a New Bus

cececole

A previous owner of the Seedsy account (the one who joined DECIDE after TARDIS disbanded) posted this in the DECIDE tribal forum well over a year ago. Seems many people, mostly outside DECIDE questioned how long the tribe would endure while warring THE, BD, MF and PLAGUE/~B~ at the same time.

Seedsy wrote:
I'm still pretty new to this tribe. I've felt welcome here and I've met some very interesting people and I'm slowly learning how this tribe "works". Some things don't seem to work as well as we'd like. I want to share some things I've figured out during two years of playing on other worlds, particularly W17. If you don't like what I have to say you can roll your eyes and shrug your shoulders and say "Oh, it's just the new kid talking about things she doesn't understand".

I play TW because it's an interesting game which evolves as a TW world grows older. I enjoy meeting new people and trying out new strategies. My goals are: a. have fun, b. play a clean honest game and c. learn about people.

The tribe is just a vehicle - something like a big bus - which allows me and my friends to travel toward our common goals. (I hope we have common goals!)
If the bus seems to have lost its way or is obviously headed in the wrong direction it's time to do something. Can the bus be turned around? Or are many of the passengers content with where the bus is going? Maybe they're asleep and they don't care.... In any case, if I don't like where the bus is headed it's time for me to get off the bus. I'd encourage my friends to get off the bus too so we could all get on a different bus which will get us closer to our destination.

My loyalty is not so much toward the tribe as toward my in-game friends. If it is necessary to consider a different tribe so that my friends and I can continue to enjoy the game then I'm not afraid to do so. Neither do I hold a grudge against former tribemates who have now joined "the enemy". In this game (as in RL) today's opponents may find themselves on the same team tomorrow.

And when you realize it's time to get on a different bus, what about the friends who can't or won't change with you? That's a tough one.... But ultimately you have to do what is right for you.
(I was in that unfortunate position a long time ago as newly-promoted duke of a dying tribe. To continue the analogy, the bus was about to go off the road and all the passengers were asleep. I tried to wake them up but only one listened. The two of us got out. Today I'm still traveling and enjoying the ride. The others.... they didn't survive.)

So, what do you think? Are we all happy with where this bus is going?

Despite many predictions, DECIDE lived on, though now it will go forward without me or many of my fellow tribemates....... DECIDE was one of the original tribes of W30 and we have been proud of our endurance battling larger tribes on simultaneous fronts. Now I and many of my tribemates have decided to get on a new bus. Same route {W30}. Same destination {Win the World}. But a new bus. I have a few friends on the new bus and look forward to making many more. A change of scenery on the way and a new seat should enliven the game for us.

DECIDE prevailed through stubborness, persistance, a refusal to quit and teamwork, not to mention ChamichA and his #1 ODA and several members that held #1 ODD over the past year. It has been a good run with DECIDE and I wish well to all my friends that decided to stay on the old bus.

DeletedUser

Decide is dead now:/ good luck in BH we all knew this was coming..... Thanks for finalizing your death

KarmaX

Good luck on your new bus..! peeep peep peep peeeppp yeahh!!!

DeletedUser

I will never understand why BH peoples made the choice to make 2 tribes with same name and become a fam like ugly rammies instead of making the the other posible choice.
Eastern players join DECIDE in order to push towards south.

Oh well best will prevail and the others will die one way or another :)

DeletedUser70594

Calarasi :) its simple.

RAM will fall.
phoenx will delete after RAM disband.
at that time there will be only BH and BH. and when the world ends it will be victory of BH family, and if BH. were DECIDE (original decide and some of BH) then it cant be the victory of BH family.
one more thing is if some of BH joins DECIDE then original BH cant fight DECIDE. So they made a family with the Goal win this world with the arbitrary way.

P.S. thats all my guesses

Last edited by a moderator:

inflrc

Congrats my friends for the new bus, now you have two homes.

DECIDE was and is for me more than a tag, it's a spirit, a way of doing things, with tenacity, with teamwork, with comradeship, without having any fear against difficult situations. That's DECIDE spirit and it will be alive in the heart of each one of us.

DECIDE had fought against all odds to big top tribes, that, plus some boxing situations and some not so good decisions, restricted our own growth which finished with having us three times less size than more than one tribe in this world. That situation just put us practically out of reach from our goal.

At that point we put it to consideration to all the tribe what to do about our own future, first as a group and then individually. Decision was taken, each one of us decide the best for its own future.

I am sure that BH can be as proud as I am of you.

This isn't a farewell, we will still meet in the road as we share some common targets and strong bonds of brotherhood. DECIDE will still celebrate it's 2nd anniversary, despite what others can say, something very few top tribes can do.

DeletedUser

RAM will fall.
at that time there will be only BH and BH. and when the world ends it will be victory of BH family, and if BH. were DECIDE (original decide and some of BH) then it cant be the victory of BH family.
one more thing is if some of BH joins DECIDE then original BH cant fight DECIDE. So they made a family with the Goal win this world with the arbitrary way.

Umm RAM disbanded and Phoenx didnt deleted.
Hard to think all the Phoenx want to delete, losing such a good oportunity to fight the best w30 tribe.

DeletedUser79042

That was a very nice post by seedsy. I remember I had read it at some point in your forum, many many months ago.

Still -if you have been reading my posts- you are not riding a new bus, but rather a 747 Jumbo Jet.

[spoil]

he Canadians have money. They bought a new ride to carry more!

[spoil]

97543371.jpg

[/spoil]

Still room for ... Europeans Cham :lol: Careful though... Rumors for BH pilots drinking beer, are not to be taken lightly. Fly @ own risk !

robot out :xmas confused:
[/spoil]

It also has an autopilot :icon_wink:

Destination: Endgame.

robot out :xmas smile:

Last edited:

inflrc

Yeah, they get off of an old yellow school bus and get on Disney plane :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser79042

That was ex-Disney. Now it is BH. Canadians with money !! See the mouse radom?

DeletedUser

RAM will fall.

That's basically the plan. But (and this doesn't serve as a correction - we've been sloppy about the wording of it) it's not that we plan to delete after RAM disbands...we plan to delete after a small list of players either:

-have one village in the center of their present tribes
-turn into fields of gray
-or admit defeat publicly

Then our work is done :)

DeletedUser

I'm not going to argue the method of your 'success', I'll let SFC do that... but well done for staying so long in the world. The merge was rather predictable, but interesting none the less.

Good luck in BH.

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Congrats my friends for the new bus, now you have two homes.

DECIDE was and is for me more than a tag, it's a spirit, a way of doing things, with tenacity, with teamwork, with comradeship, without having any fear against difficult situations. That's DECIDE spirit and it will be alive in the heart of each one of us.

DECIDE had fought against all odds to big top tribes, that, plus some boxing situations and some not so good decisions, restricted our own growth which finished with having us three times less size than more than one tribe in this world. That situation just put us practically out of reach from our goal.

At that point we put it to consideration to all the tribe what to do about our own future, first as a group and then individually. Decision was taken, each one of us decide the best for its own future.

I am sure that BH can be as proud as I am of you.

This isn't a farewell, we will still meet in the road as we share some common targets and strong bonds of brotherhood. DECIDE will still celebrate it's 2nd anniversary, despite what others can say, something very few top tribes can do.

In my honest opinion:

You have gained everything you were supposed to attain from this Game. Tribalwars is a simple game overall, and while the game itself is fun... Its the people, relationships, and tough times thru it all that make it worthwhile. Your post is heartfelt, and the same thoughts i share with my phoenx members in the coming months, as we prepare to leave this world enmasse. Congrats on obtaining the most special victory a player in this game could have. Its not winning the world, (mostly that sense of victory is relief at finally ending it all) but you will remember this for a long time.. and hopefully the tw forums will be online long enough for you to come back and see what you and your family of Decide members have accomplished.

From one small tribe to another small tribe, that has battled with the giants of w30... (several of our enemies have been the same) Much respect, and well wishes for the future for all of you.. Those on their new bus, and those still sitting in the old VW Bus.... Hats off!!

DeletedUser

I will sadly miss Decide as it once was.. I have learned much from both battling and becoming friends with this group.. I wish you that have joined the new bus much luck and those on the old bus.. The wheels still go round and round..

Hang tough..

irockurworld

That's basically the plan. But (and this doesn't serve as a correction - we've been sloppy about the wording of it) it's not that we plan to delete after RAM disbands...we plan to delete after a small list of players either:

-have one village in the center of their present tribes
-turn into fields of gray
-or admit defeat publicly

Then our work is done :)

Who are these players on the list?