Time for Interviews

DeletedUser120518

Hey guys,

The first interview is going to be with the duke of Escape.

Why always Dukes? Maybe you should interview a random player in a tribe's roster; or perhaps one of the players on the bottom of the stack. I think their views on their own tribe, continent and world would be both a refreshing and interesting read!

I've thought about this comment but regular players are mostly uncertain of what they are allowed to say of their leadership which will cause very shallow interviews.

I've chosen to interview the duke of Escape because OBEY and the triforce alliance has gotten a bunch of attention on the forums but Escape has gotten next to none.

Interview with It Will All Be Mine

Q: Your tribe started out as a premade but only a few of the original premade are still remaining, is that correct?

A: Correct, we brought a mixture of Digg/Shovel, One/Two. and Freddy players from 95 over. About 20 players. We're pretty bitter rivals on 95 and we had started to gain respect for the player on the other side of the nuke bombardment. Out of our original about 20-25 premade players though, only 6 remain.
Some have merged accounts to balance both worlds, some switched to pp farming to focus on 95, others got rimmed, etc. It happens to the best of us.

Q: Yes, there's always that risk losing players from your premade early on in the world. Do you feel losing this many players has hindered your original plans for your tribe or had any negative impact at all?

A: Hindered? No. Merely changed what we've had to do. Even with the caliber of player we brought over is nothing compared to the group they have in [ OBEY ], where nest is leading one of the best line ups I've ever seen in TW. It always was needed that we work through a tribe formula where we experiment and see who we can push to the next level of play in coordination, communication, farming, etc. And find replacements on the new world. We always knew we were going to lose at least at least a few of our premade group.

Q: I agree that OBEY has one of the best line ups in the last few years of TW. How do you feel about TIP, LEGION and JEDI teaming up this early in the world and would you consider joining the triforce alliance because of that great roster OBEY has?

A:
I won't say much to this one because of the nature of politics. But I will say that whenever one tribe forces a major "global" alliance against it, it's a testement to 1), the skill and fear that the coalitioned tribe has created, and the 2), the skill to the leading diplomats at keeping 3 major tribes from killing one another for common goal. Finalbarrage particularly deserves alot of credit here, imo.
Wether or not it will succeed is a question we likely won't have for a month+.

Q: Keeping a threeway alliance together especially this early on where everyone is just trying to grow as fast as possible takes a lot of communication and skill and we will have to wait at least a few weeks to find out if it will last. So what do you think about the competition in your own continent, i noticed ARE nobled one village of your tribe and they are the second largest tribe in K45, do you feel ARE is the largest threat for Escape or does another tribe?

A: I actually think DOM! is the greatest threat to Escape in k45. They had a player backtime and rim out one of ARE's leaders, Vuzeh. Be it because of overconfidence, or simply being outskilled is a testement to itself -- A very intimadating play, and we're keeping a healthy distance from those crazy dudes. We attempted diplomacy with ARE as they had members originally approach us about it. However it was short lived as our tribes couldn't get over fundamental differences in leadership and player respect. K45 is a river, and it'll run its course.

Q: Rimming one of ARE's leaders was a very bold move which worked out great out for DOM! One more small question before we finish this interview, what do you think about this world having a fake limit of 1% village points per attack in combination with watchtowers, will this cause a lot of stalemate wars in this world?

A: Its definately going to raise the skill floor, which is good due to the nature of OBEY existing. That said, 95 is a good example of why watchtowers only do so much for defending. Nuke concentration and cat ops still work like a dream.

Q: Yes, i agree that these settings could slow down the progress of OBEY in the mid game breaking through certain fronts. Thank you very much for this interview, is there anything you'd like to share before we finish this up?

A: Well, I did enjoy this interview and hope to see more of them on the externals. And I have (mostly) positive things to say about the rest of the global leadership, OBEY/TIP/JEDI/SBD/WLDD are just some of the dukes/barons I enjoy speaking to on a regular basis (I've even scummed some tips for the other top 25 OBEY players shhh). Everyone is doing what needs to be done for the success of their tribe. And while the spectre that OBEY casts on the world is certainly there, I believe there's alot more interesting politics and pnp to come before the grand finale.

Thanks to It Will All Be Mine for this interview and thanks for everyone reading this.

If you have any comments, questions or suggestions for the next person being interviewed let me know.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser117534

There are plenty of interesting people to talk to, the problem is finding a good interviewer wiling to spend the time to do it properly.

I enjoyed the first interview and I liked the set of questions CantHandleThat prepared so it would be perfect if he could continue doing it but if not I would also like to encourage other people to try it. Interviewing people is a lot of fun, The externals are dull, definitely we need more of interesting posts.

It Will All Be Mine

There are plenty of interesting people to talk to, the problem is finding a good interviewer wiling to spend the time to do it properly.

I enjoyed the first interview and I liked the set of questions CantHandleThat prepared so it would be perfect if he could continue doing it but if not I would also like to encourage other people to try it. Interviewing people is a lot of fun, I'd do it if not bring do busy. The externals are dull, definitely we need more of interesting things posted.

^ I nominate Badhabit, or Crayola/Guerrilla Tactics. Both have some interesting politics with their tribes right now and would have great stories to tell. Another good option might be Lord Micki. Been a few days before we heard from him, and he ain't dead yet.

RedCrayolaCrayon

^ I nominate Badhabit, or Crayola/Guerrilla Tactics. Both have some interesting politics with their tribes right now and would have great stories to tell. Another good option might be Lord Micki. Been a few days before we heard from him, and he ain't dead yet.

Just a heads up if someone wants to speak with GT, he merged with DarkPanthers

DeletedUser120518

I enjoyed the first interview and I liked the set of questions CantHandleThat prepared so it would be perfect if he could continue doing it but if not I would also like to encourage other people to try it. Interviewing people is a lot of fun, The externals are dull, definitely we need more of interesting posts.

I had some deadlines so couldn't make the time for any more interviews, should have some time to do one or two this week.

DeletedUser121247

still-waiting.jpg

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Most passive , boring poster there is

DeletedUser121331

Afraid not.

Most of your posts contain some sort of resentment towards obey. So when you take a random dig at Nest for being boring (a deep dig at that), it just makes it seem like this animosity derives from somewhere else. So much so you felt the need to double post and say virtually the same thing back to back (Jordan '96-'97).

Michael Corleone.

externals on this world are dull cause all the tribes are dull

DeletedUser118986

externals on this world are dull cause all the tribes are dull

Well, this just made it worse. Still salty after all of his failures, false claims, and constant negativity.

Interview OBEY on how they managed to already win W96
Most passive , boring poster there is
Interview Nest on how boring he and his gameplay is

While the externals haven't been the most exciting this world, it is nice for once not to see constant personal life threats.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well, this just made it worse. Still salty after all of his failures, false claims, and constant negativity.

While the externals haven't been the most exciting this world, it is nice for once not to see constant personal life threats.

What?????

Please break this post down as I don’t understand any of what you said. Whose failures? Whose false claims? What negativity?

Why quote me randomly and say it’s nicr to not see RL personal threats.

You ok man??

DeletedUser118986

What?????

Please break this post down as I don’t understand any of what you said. Whose failures? Whose false claims? What negativity?

Why quote me randomly and say it’s nicr to not see RL personal threats.

You ok man??

Give me a break for christ sakes. All the cancerous crap you posted throughout world 90, coming onto 96 forums and making stupid random comments like seen above.

When I mean failures, the past couple of worlds that you were "going to win" but could not. You still talk a lot on these forums and you have nothing to show for it.

Every post you make always seems to attack someone or some tribe.