To all you Horror Fans out there.

• Thread starter DeletedUser70293
  • Start date

DeletedUser70293

What do you think about New Line Cinema's choice to remake "classic" horror movies such as "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Friday The 13th". Even though the prior two movies were met with a lack of enthusiasm and turnout New Line Cinema has decided to cross the line (with me personally) and remake my favorite movie "A Nightmare on Elmstreet".

Why am I against this you ask?

Personally I am against the remaking of any great movies because movie makers have mutilated them in the past. So know New Line Cinema move onto yet another movie when the past two were not exactly awesome.

And although the trailer has done a good job in making this movie entrancing I just feel as if an old movie is being desecrated.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I totally agree with you on this, the old movies were fine as they are. I feel that when the films get remade they lose some part of the original story and i am always disappointed. take the new halloween for example the whole time i was watching it i was thinking "they missed this or that out" "that didnt happen in the orignal" etc

DeletedUser74857

I agree. Isnt there a saying that says if it aint broke dont fix it

DeletedUser

I like the newer more improved updates to these classics

Not a fan of older-style horror movies, the newer renditions are much better in my opinion. More blood, more gore, and newer filming techniques/picture make for a much better experience. eg. The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre wasn't nearly as enjoyable as the newer ones for me anyways