To Be Or Not To Be? A Refugee That Is!

DeletedUser

I am getting different impressions of the definition of a refugee in Tribal Wars land, so I would like to take a W 39 consensus of what exactly it means. Ladies and Gentlemen, start your opinions!

DeletedUser

example:

tribe A is fighting Tribe B

Tribe B is losing so frank leaves

Frank is a refugee unless Tribe A says otherwise

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
example 2:

Player A is attacking player B

Player B joins a tribe

Player A contacts tribe Player B joined and supplies reports for proof

Tribe has option to harbor refugee or kick

DeletedUser

Ok, let me be more specific: I am aware of the standard definition, but I am referring to the logistics of it - does it matter if a specific player was taking attacks or just his tribe in general? Is there a statue of limitations on his status? Etc. Continue.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If a war/skirmish has been declared and multiple tribe members of your tribe are being hit. You leave the tribe, the attacking tribe can justifiably consider you a refugee. If you contact the attacking tribe beforehand you could in some way negotiate a scenario in which you can leave without becoming a refugee. For instance say you don't agree with your tribes diplomatic decisions that led to the war. If you haven't been targeted yet it would be feasible to leave peacefully however completely up to the attacking tribe

DeletedUser

I have a simple answer...

You attack him..... he runs..... you rim him no matter where he runs.

DeletedUser

There is no statute of limitations on a refugee. There is obviously common sense. But if Player A leaves a tribe which is being massacred and joins 3 tribes in 3 weeks before ending up in a tribe that is not at war with the winning tribe then he is a refugee.

AS a purely hypothetical example lets say RX4U are at was with -V-. And a -V- player who is in one of the K's that RX4U are owning as the spoils of war leaves becasue the leadership is rubbish and joins 2 or 3 two man bands. He then joins one of the top 4 tribes in the world that RX4U are not at war with. So his villages in a K that RX4U are rightfully claiming suddenly appear as this other tribe on RX4U maps. He is a refugee despite not joining the top 4 tribe immediately and with no time limit. The top 4 tribe have a choice of giving him up or RX4U treating it as an act of war.

DeletedUser

We should all know one famous tale of refugees... the Three Little Pigs :)

The pig in the house of straw should have just taken was what coming to him.....but no, he joined the pig in the house of sticks. He wanted refuge from the wolf so hid away cowering in the straw house..... Unfortunately for the second pig he did not chuck out his brother to be made into sausages, he gave him protection therefore making himself a target.

Any tribe worth their place in Tribal Wars would not take in the refugee, or in this case pig....

;P

Hybrid Soul

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The Official stance of Rx4U with regards to Refugees is as follows:

When we declare war on a tribe, we declare war on every single player in that tribe/family. No matter of location, distance or personal allies.

It is our aim to hunt them all down and relieve them of their villages.

Now of course they may be some exceptions, but these exceptions are far and few between. Should any other tribe on world 39 want to recruit a member of a tribe/family we have declared upon they are to come to us first, the majority of tribes know this and have done so. Its common sense and a show of respect.

If a member of the tribe declared upon is in fact a planted spy by another world 39 tribe, the tribe is still obligated to inform us of their intentions and the situation before simply recruiting.

Randomly recruiting players from tribes at war won't end well as the recruiters definition of a refugee does not matter - It is the tribe at war with the recruited players' old tribe that has final say.

Simple rule: Don't recruit without talks.

2004 Artemis

Wrong world there Billy :icon_wink: Plus we're missing the wonderful forum posts of that guy named o.c.d?

I'd say everyone above me has given a good definition of a refugee. This probably goes better in the general discussion area though.

Areyaen

The Official stance of Rx4U with regards to Refugees is as follows:

When we declare war on a tribe, we declare war on every single player in that tribe/family. No matter of location, distance or personal allies.

It is our aim to hunt them all down and relieve them of their villages.

Now of course they may be some exceptions, but these exceptions are far and few between. Should any other tribe on world 39 want to recruit a member of a tribe/family we have declared upon they are to come to us first, the majority of tribes know this and have done so. Its common sense and a show of respect.

If a member of the tribe declared upon is in fact a planted spy by another world 39 tribe, the tribe is still obligated to inform us of their intentions and the situation before simply recruiting.

Randomly recruiting players from tribes at war won't end well as the recruiters definition of a refugee does not matter - It is the tribe at war with the recruited players' old tribe that has final say.

Simple rule: Don't recruit without talks.

yeah what he said:icon_biggrin: same goes for NOB!!,

but we go a bit farther with that, even if you run from us on another world you are a refugee here too:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Example 3:

Player A pisses off Player B

Player A is now a refugee