To family, or not to family: that is the question:

DeletedUser

This mostly sucks, but this is looking fairly pathetic competition wise.

DeletedUser

Welp Roy jumped the wall and quit today, though someone is doing something with his markets i.e. shipping crap elsewhere.

Honestly, unless I started nobling tribesmates, I'd get frustrating building crap villages, and I hate doing that. So, I evaded the guards and the search light. I'm a free man.

DeletedUser100507

you just reopened a thread that was opened in 2009 well done.

DeletedUser

To family, or not to family: that is the question? - it's still a good question, actually

Good bump^^, (I'll give you the money I owe you later on, for bumping this thread :p).

I see a lot of family tribes in HP - what number is this? I forget (I am getting old).
Any way, I have nothing personally against family tribes, but tribe limits are put into place for a reason.

A family tribe with like 26 branches (Butt Monks A-Z etc.. - not a real tribe, just using that as an example, t hough, I'd probably join that tribe if it existed) affects the competitive play on such a small server.

It's even more dangerous now, because family tribe members are actually sending 150 ms trains :D; are not ALL bad players like they used to be, and are winning worlds by merging with other 26 branch family tribes.

It's the same as MASS diplomacy, how do you control it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To family, or not to family: that is the question? - it's still a good question, actually

Good bump^^, (I'll give you the money I owe you later on, for bumping this thread :p).

I see a lot of family tribes in HP - what number is this? I forget (I am getting old).
Any way, I have nothing personally against family tribes, but tribe limits are put into place for a reason.

A family tribe with like 26 branches (Butt Monks A-Z etc.. - not a real tribe, just using that as an example, t hough, I'd probably join that tribe if it existed) affects the competitive play on such a small server.

It's even more dangerous now, because family tribe members are actually sending 150 ms trains :D; are not ALL bad players like they used to be, and are winning worlds by merging with other 26 branch family tribes.

It's the same as MASS diplomacy, how do you control it?

Ok! Good Q!

In my mind it´s really easy ^^ Watch them implode! They ALWAYS fall into the swamp of internal and barbarian nobels!
Their big problem is that they are to inactive and build a lot of mix and defence-troopaz ;) They think their big number are scarry and when the attacks comes crawlin in on their doorstep they tremble and fall in to a mass-hyperinactive-mode of state ^^ "I can´t send you any troopz! I Have to protect my own villages! I think they will attack me soon!"

But if I want to think about a big bunch of good players that would put this way of life in action, it would be another matter....

Fallow-up: Why would a good player want to win that easy? What´s the fun in that? ^^

DeletedUser112794

Ok! Good Q!

In my mind it´s really easy ^^ Watch them implode! They ALWAYS fall into the swamp of internal and barbarian nobels!
Their big problem is that they are to inactive and build a lot of mix and defence-troopaz ;) They think their big number are scarry and when the attacks comes crawlin in on their doorstep they tremble and fall in to a mass-hyperinactive-mode of state ^^ "I can´t send you any troopz! I Have to protect my own villages! I think they will attack me soon!"

But if I want to think about a big bunch of good players that would put this way of life in action, it would be another matter....

Fallow-up: Why would a good player want to win that easy? What´s the fun in that? ^^

I'm not a big fan of family tribes and can pick easy targets from them.

But if the "Send support Im being attacked" thread goes out to 100 guys you never know how much support they will actually get. Even after he takes the time to learn what BB codes are.

Luckily the x4 speed means family tribe members that are "too far away" - wont affect my trains.

DeletedUser

Families like TB and TBA (their academy).

Sooooo you are infact a hypocrite, good.

DeletedUser

Yup. Forgive him.. he doesnt know.

Case in point

VillagePointsOld ownerNew ownerDate/Time
red.png
10 Izzet (497|538) K545,871MBelmonte [TB]thinkdrafty [WP]2014-06-02 13:35:41
red.png
13 Sorry Village (497|536) K547,695MBelmonte [TB]Fish n Chips [WP]2014-06-02 00:54:04

TBNone02nd June 2014 - 18:07:259,342
NoneTBA02nd June 2014 - 19:09:139,379

DeletedUser

I feel your pain family tribes. I know how hard it can be to create a recruit tribe in a "sea full of premades".

It's not that I hate family tribes, I just don't particulary care for ones who have a branch to reflect every letter in the alphabet -- and especially here on the HP server.

This songs for you Famly tribes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMVe_HcyP9Y

AG... coming to a family tribe near you...

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Corleone.

Ender Wiggin is a great supporter of Family Tribes. He denounced the Church of Free-eek and has led multiple family tribes during his crazy hectic life also while achieving his 9th year at LAW SCHOOL.

DeletedUser

Family tribes become a bit of a farce imo. Surely the point of this game is, and always has been, to conquer? If all you had to do to dominate a game was merge and make family tribes, perhaps we should rename it tribalfriends?

The best and most respected tribes are, and always have been, small groups of players who are good at the game, communicate well and work together. Huge tribes always have sim city players.