To turtle or to turtle not

DeletedUser

As for this part:

You understand that offensive ranking isn't a real success rate. Actual troop count is a success rate. I now envision you as someone who hit refresh constantly awaiting the game's update of your latest OD score.

No I'm not, I couldn't care about oda rankings and point rankings less. When I said that I have oda, that was only to prove that I cleared all our farms and that's why my nuke was around the same size as yours, and little bigger, even with looses I had. I'm not even showing my awards, and I so wish you couldn't see my oda and odd from our neighbors, that way I would be able to farm them alone :-0

DeletedUser

Read it all. Great read.

Only thing I have to add is he asked "To turtle or to turtle not"

Lokinder, honestly I like you, but if you were one player instead of a whole tribe, I don't think the outcome would've been the same. Likewise for you Killy, there is absolutely no reason you should've had that tribe stack you to begin with.

In your example of it JUST being Killy against me, the outcome would be different, as Killy would not exist at this moment. Had he not had a large tribe or two stacking him, I had him back timed and wiped. He did, so I didn't. But, this is not a solo player game, as TimDogg states. It is played on a larger scale.

Killy, I honestly don't know, and sincerely do not care if you had reserve LC. I look forward to seeing them again from you. If I have any complaint with you whatsoever it is not at all that you attacked us. That was enjoyable action. It is, as you said, that you put up the reports to make your position look better. You neglected to say that in spite of having about a 4 to 1 advantage in tribal support with the tribes helping you, YOU are currently out more resources, gathering fewer resources and are LESS threatening than the people you struck first. You mention you came here to PROVE it wrong that a tribe based heavily on defense is horrendous.

You have proven the opposite. A monster, co-played account, with an advanced plan, with advanced execution, with the first strike is in a worse situation today than the people he attacked. Thanks for conducting a lovely science class for us.

Lokinder, Lord of Tribal Affairs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You are getting it all wrong mate :)

If I didn't have that stack, I wouldn't attack you. I'm not that stupid. Or I would, but once I have a train, and I sure would get it before you.

As for my support, it's up to me where I find it, I don't have more support then you do, but that's not important here.

What I'm saying here for 100th time, your current tribe wouldn't be able to win against off tribe that has let's say 2/3 of your current member count. Your biggest turtle was cleared without much problems, and support you had in your villa without any problems. Imagine if there were 10 more guys on my side to do the same, and your other members do have less troops and smaller villas, because most of them are def, and they didn't play as active as you and your neighbor did. It's easy to stack 1 or 2 villas. Not that easy to stack more with what you have at your disposal. And I'm 100% sure that you would have major problems if normal tribe from this K would go against you guys at this point.

So I didn't prove the opposite, imagine this:

I have 15 members, 10 off and 5 def. You have your 24 members, 4 off and 20 def.

We can easily stack 1 off villa, that player makes some damage, and you can hurt him since you can't risk to loose 1 of rare nukes you have. Then we stack another villa. And do the same.

Whole concept you have is depending on few off guys that you plan to use their nukes to clear villas. With just that much off, you either plan to noble barbs, or small villas without much def or to try and trick off players and get a cheap villa. But risks are very high. If you loose those few nukes, whole tribe stops.

DeletedUser

Killy,

You did not wipe my "biggest" turtle. He had more points, but not more defense. He had lost some in support elsewhere recently and had some out. Just what he had left kneecapped you.

As to your concept as to how you'd go about winning in a head-to-head matchup against a tribe like mine, well, who knows. The point is, we play in such a way as to avoid that until the game is more mature. You'd likely never know we exist unless around us, and if you were around us, I suspect you'd find the defensive augment to your offense rather attractive. You'd very likely find yourself more free to hammer larger, less hardened enemies, utilizing us as back fill defense. That's what our current friends like about us.

My tribe is not designed to take on another tribe head to head tomorrow. It's designed to bleed an attacker and make it such a bother that there are so many easier guys to hit, most will just hit them. Indeed, our first expansion will almost certainly be a barb village neighboring each of us. Slow. Low. Easy tempo. Never enough points to be a prime target, for a while. Enough defense to be a pain to clear, especially if they do get support. The tribe can grow quickly and easily with no nukes. You appear to think the defense can only have defense. Light cavalry exist still. Growth is not a problem. Now, for whatever reason the concept of people defending themselves and not being co-played around the clock seems to cause you the night sweat shivers.

I can not aid you in overcoming that.

You have it in your head there is one way to play and one way to win. You are incorrect. Would it help you if I apologize to not being a mental twin to you?

Lokinder, Lord of Tribal Affairs.

DeletedUser

It's a discussion mate, nothing more. I don't have to prove anything to you or to anyone else. I wanted discussion here, and that's what we all got. Don't take it personal, because it isn't. We have PM for that if needed.

I have nothing more to say :)

DeletedUser102802

We still taking opinions about def over off and off over def tribes early-mid-late game still? I got one but dont want to interrupt the argument above.

DeletedUser

I was not aware we were arguing, or anything was being taken personally.

It just so happens there are a multitude of ways to enjoy the game. On that, we have the one statement made, which is universally factual and allows no contrary position.

It is entirely meaningless to me, Killy, whether you like the fashion I enjoy the game. It is a tragedy, though, that my ability to derive pleasure from my style of play is causing you such anguish.

DeletedUser102180

On the question of O versus D. Lets wait and see, give it a month or two and then question whether we are an O or a D tribe.

DeletedUser

Loki, it's not causing me anything mate. I don't know why you got that feeling. I'm as happy as I ever was :-0

You mentioned enjoying the game with friends before. I couldn't agree more, this game is great because of that, and without that, and all great persons we meat and work with, it would suck. I'm not what you think I'm. I don't make much friends in my area, that is true, and I'm sure many other exp twplayers do exactly that. Clear their areas, and make friends little further away. But I'm also enjoying playing with people I know, and I did and do have many many great friends in this game I actually consider for RL friends. So your conclusions about me are wrong.

I don't mind the way you play, you can play however you like, everyone can. Why can't you understand that? I asked other players, not you personally, what do they think about that kind of play. I know you like it, and I know I don't, and that's not going to change whatever we say here.

DeletedUser

playing offence AND defence is a major part of tribal wars, so it makes sense that if you solely rely on one aspect of the game you are bound for failure. The trick is to know when to switch between the two 'modes' so to speak

DeletedUser

why you two dont solve this in game? i think it went farther then offensive or defensive builds and strategies.
why dont let the game decide who was right here, in the end its the only thing that matter.

DeletedUser

Im sticking with the offence approach :).
I had 5 players nearby all trying to be turtles.

It wasnt a pretty sight when BP ended :).

They went sword to early so there farming was slow while i had 150 spears up in 2 days and spent the 3rd churning out axes 4th day doing the same then i took down all 5 in the space of a day simply because there men moved to slow so i was scourgeing the area around me clear of all recourses so fast they couldnt get enough to grow and gain the numbers they needed. :).

Defense only works early if your tightly packed or the offense players are horribly inactive or they will move faster and wipe you out all they have to do then is keep farming you so you cant rebuild and the fight is over.

DeletedUser

If you can turtle at the same rate as everyone going O, then its quite feasible. As long as you have some LC until you hit HC, you can probably farm better than most.

I personally prefer a mixed first village. If no one attacks a turtle, did they truly benefit from all their D? and if you go straight O and get cleared with a backtime, you are left with nothing. Militia can help, but not against a persistent attacker. Being mixed allows an acct. to adapt to changing circumstances.

DeletedUser

When people say pure O, do they mean no defense at all?

So if an offense player has about only 200 defense troops (reserved for coordinated support), is that considered mixed or pure?

DeletedUser99933

"Lokinder, Lord of Tribal Affairs."

Who are you? It's a game, I'm sorry to burst your bubble however you should'nt be taking a game seriously, Oh, and the daughter you call "001" actually has a real name. ;o

DeletedUser102180

"Lokinder, Lord of Tribal Affairs."

Who are you? It's a game, I'm sorry to burst your bubble however you should'nt be taking a game seriously, Oh, and the daughter you call "001" actually has a real name. ;o

Judging by the amount of one-line replies you have given on these forums I can imagine the Lord's eloquence baffles you, dear child. This should not arrest your progress into life and, if you will forgive me, I might advise you to keep trying to read some books, many are of a type called fiction, herein lies the answer to your question.

DeletedUser54677

I find my start based on how active I have the potential to be. If I'm not going to be that active, I start with D. If I'm going to be active, start O. If I happen to have a shitton of time on my hands, I also start D, because I grow better just based on personal experience. It's true that you can farm better with LC than HC, but I find that in the long run, it pays off better to go with HC if I have the time to micromanage and farm heavily. Or on the opposite end, if I'm not active much, just putting a bunch of levels into res pits and hole up.

It's a matter of personal preference. There is no true right way to build a village, in startup or end game. Why? Because it's all circumstantial, nothing more. Everyone agrees on a few key things, like warehouse 30, farm 30, etc.. for the village, but when it comes to troops, that's the X factor. You're not sure of what the other player truly has unless you have level 3 scouts on a 3 tech (or just scouts on a 10 tech) world. You can guess and be pretty accurate, but you won't have a complete lock on how many they have.

Play a world however you want to. It doesn't really make a difference how you start.

DeletedUser

i find my start based on how active i have the potential to be. If i'm not going to be that active, i start with d. If i'm going to be active, start o. If i happen to have a shitton of time on my hands, i also start d, because i grow better just based on personal experience. It's true that you can farm better with lc than hc, but i find that in the long run, it pays off better to go with hc if i have the time to micromanage and farm heavily. Or on the opposite end, if i'm not active much, just putting a bunch of levels into res pits and hole up.

It's a matter of personal preference. There is no true right way to build a village, in startup or end game. Why? Because it's all circumstantial, nothing more. Everyone agrees on a few key things, like warehouse 30, farm 30, etc.. For the village, but when it comes to troops, that's the x factor. You're not sure of what the other player truly has unless you have level 3 scouts on a 3 tech (or just scouts on a 10 tech) world. You can guess and be pretty accurate, but you won't have a complete lock on how many they have.

Play a world however you want to. It doesn't really make a difference how you start.

hey clay! What levels your clay pit clay?

DeletedUser53945

It is so correct most factors about this game especially at the start of the world are around luck and your own situation. Also as said many times in this thread there is no correct way to play the game and certainly no formula that works on all worlds all the time.

I have played both sides of the coin and historically have been a defensive player at the start of worlds which sometimes has gone well and mostly has not. My problem has been all about the choice of tribe and the activity levels in that tribe and if they actually work together as a team. Now if they do as sounds to be the case in Lokinders tribe then his plan could be very successful especially at this stage and as long as later down the road he turns his plan around so his defensive players becomes offensive as when it gets to the mass war stage in a couple of years time it really does make a difference the speed at which you can regenerate your troops.

I also must say my most enjoyable experiences although not always the most long term successes have been playing a more defensive style. Most players in this game by nature are of an aggressive self loving I am the king of the world type who are just out to prove they are the best ( Well it is a war game .....lol ) I am here purely to have fun and am definitely not of the nature just mentioned and so have always felt most needed in a tribe to be able to offer support to my air head tribemates as they always get themselves into trouble and are the first to shout for defense when needed.