Top 20 Players Discussion

DeletedUser

Of course i have skype. :icon_cool:
Didn't realize churches were your 'thing'. Thought you hate them or something.

DeletedUser

I'll be top 20 by the end of the weekend hopefully. If things continue to go as smoothly as they have, it's possible.

And being ODA #1 this early is a curse. Means you have run into resistance, which slows you down.

And I just checked the statistics - there are 253 LCs in existence at this moment.

Wow havent seen you in awhile.. welcome back.

DeletedUser

Wow havent seen you in awhile.. welcome back.

OMG, what up.
How you doin'?

You couldn't have :S
If you started day 2, it is too late
if you started day 3, you didn't start 1 day late.

I'm only 300 wood away. About 35 min from researching as my raids return.

And now for a story about how I accomplished this.
This afternoon, about 2pm American east coast time, I was leaving the house with my girlfriend to go out for brunch. I noticed that my L5 smithy only had 5 min to complete and I had the resources to build my stables, L1-L3. I made her wait until it was completed.
That's how I did it.

Last edited by a moderator:

setorines

I figure I'll post again when I hit top 20 :p in K33 now though so it might take a couple days :p

DeletedUser

And now for a story about how I accomplished this.

What AHP was saying is that you did not accomplish it. Your join date was Dec. 8th, and according to AHP's erroneous theory, you would have had to crack the top 10 (or 20) by the 10th (two days ago) and your highest rank is your current one of 396. I think your rapid advancement thus far shows high activity and skill and is to be applauded, but still you did not successfully "prove the theory". Not even remotely close. Again, however, I'd like to reiterate that I am in no way slamming your accomplishments on this world thus far, they are better than my own and they clearly demonstrate high activity and skill.

I think this theory is garbage:
if you start a day late, it takes a day
2 days, 2 days to get top 10
if you start 3 months late, it will take you three months to get top 10.
(note that it does get harder as time goes on).

Is it possible to be true? Sure. It's possible. But it just depends on the competition. If they slack off and the "late starter" does not, sure he can catch up. What if they are just as active and skilled as the late starter though? And what if the late starter runs into some poor luck, i.e. bad starting zone, lots of turtles surrounding his area, etc.? It seems you just picked some arbitrary (and unprovable) numbers and threw them together to form the appearance of being wise.

I also find it comical that you mentioned:
empirical evidence (examples from the past) shows that a good, active account can take top 10
And then when Gorth asked you to provide said evidence, your retort was:
Erm, nauz has

[sarcasm]Wow. I'm convinced.[/sarcasm]

DeletedUser65609

in my book if you have a gf, and manage to get online without a pda or some other handheld portable internet, that is an accomplishment

Kylan

Of course i have skype. :icon_cool:
Didn't realize churches were your 'thing'. Thought you hate them or something.

I didnt know it was a church world :icon_redface:
I actually didn't know any of the setting. I'm just teaching someone how to play :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Maybe because Phoenix is 7 letters and the tag can only be 6? :icon_cool:

Still would make more sense if it was PhoenX since pronouncation wise it's closer to phoenix. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

But it is Phoenx. :icon_neutral:
Also, this is my 2000th post! Yay! xD

:icon_biggrin:
Slacker. This account is already on 3500+ and my alts make up for another 1500.

Which would get me into the top 20 players on the forum. Only top 30 now :(

DeletedUser

Still would make more sense if it was PhoenX since pronouncation wise it's closer to phoenix. :icon_neutral:

You pronounce capital letters differently to lower case? Interesting theory you have there...

Even if it were true, mixed caps simply does not look as good.