Top 20 Players

DeletedUser

Thats why a good leader tries to make sure that all of his players have a piece of every border. He arranges nobling excursions and village exchanges in such a way that there are no real personal clusters but rather a homogeneous and compact tribal cluster. Tribe mates are forced to be in communication with each other because the closest support to them comes often not from themselves but their tribemates. Each member has personal involvement in every war. One member going inactive doesnt leave an entire sector of tribal territory to go grey.

Easy in theory mate but I'm yet to see a tribe which puts it into practice even close to flawlessly, including any of ours :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Easy in theory mate but I'm yet to see a tribe which puts it into practice even close to flawlessly, including any of ours :icon_razz:

It's something I want to put to Jakub for our W46 tribe - I'll let y'all know how it goes! :icon_razz:

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Thats why a good leader tries to make sure that all of his players have a piece of every border. He arranges nobling excursions and village exchanges in such a way that there are no real personal clusters but rather a homogeneous and compact tribal cluster. Tribe mates are forced to be in communication with each other because the closest support to them comes often not from themselves but their tribemates. Each member has personal involvement in every war. One member going inactive doesnt leave an entire sector of tribal territory to go grey.

;)

Thank you for describing PERFECTLY how Phoenx on w30 is run.

i do this myself, take a personal hand in it. People wont give their ALL unless they have a personal stake in the goings on...

So you get a 4-10 village cluster on a border, your gonna send all your nukes so that you can noble locally... its a great incentive/carrot for the players to keep them motivated. I find it works perfectly for those that are more inclined to SIm play or solo play...

I will say, its rather hard to get certain players to give up their "clusters" or share their areas.. but its a work in progress.....

i have one for you to reference..

Phoenx, w30. I did have a map of all our players in different colors.. but its gone i think....

But i will correct pervis, its not ALL borders. every player has at least two borders... Most have 3-4.... ;)

silvereclipes

;)i have one for you to reference..

Phoenx, w30. I did have a map of all our players in different colors.. but its gone i think....

But i will correct pervis, its not ALL borders. every player has at least two borders... Most have 3-4.... ;)

No its still in our forums just run into it again Paj but need mick or huw to redo it since we have added some to us since we made it since it is still has all the OG's of Phoenx in it now instead of our new members.

And I am working on my third boarder now an needing to do a jump again to get deeper into our enemies core no rest for the wicked.:icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Right. I don't disagree, and the thesis of this discussion is not Abandoned villages vs. Enemy villages. This discussion is centered around two theories. One is that it is better to grow your account (in this late game scenerio) all of the time so that it doesn't become less relevant, and the other is that only enemy caps should be taken.

I just took back my w6 account because eddy tried to change emailadress. I bet you if you let me pick 1 top 20 player I can stay positive in stats against him/her in a 1 on 1 with only logging in during the weekend(didn't say every top 20 player though). Size barely even matters if you don't know how to use it.

lt181

I just took back my w6 account because eddy tried to change emailadress. I bet you if you let me pick 1 top 20 player I can stay positive in stats against him/her in a 1 on 1 with only logging in during the weekend(didn't say every top 20 player though). Size barely even matters if you don't know how to use it.

I know one player in the top 20 you wouldn't beat ;)

Again, I don't disagree with the fact that skill is more important then size. Recently, I forced a former number 1 (Yilmaz) account in this world to fold in a couple of weeks when it changed tribes. He was bigger, but that wasn't much help.

This game is a game of numbers. Of economics. Each additional village equals 24000 population. Each additional village equals 86,400 in each resources to build additional troops and mint. So, the more villages you have (all other things equal), the more force you can exert both in terms of providing troops and in ability to consume new villages. I mean, right? Am I nuts here?

There are shitty players that have lots of points. But not all players that have lots of villages are shitty players. I think that's the crux of our disagreement.

I'm glad you're back. I hope you stay. W6 will get interesting again.

DeletedUser

I know one player in the top 20 you wouldn't beat ;)

Again, I don't disagree with the fact that skill is more important then size. Recently, I forced a former number 1 (Yilmaz) account in this world to fold in a couple of weeks when it changed tribes. He was bigger, but that wasn't much help.

This game is a game of numbers. Of economics. Each additional village equals 24000 population. Each additional village equals 86,400 in each resources to build additional troops and mint. So, the more villages you have (all other things equal), the more force you can exert both in terms of providing troops and in ability to consume new villages. I mean, right? Am I nuts here?

There are shitty players that have lots of points. But not all players that have lots of villages are shitty players. I think that's the crux of our disagreement.

I'm glad you're back. I hope you stay. W6 will get interesting again.

Just to give you an example of the skills on w6: about half a year ago just a bit after the 20 mill was cracked I had to teach a 18~ mill player at about rank 4-5~ish what massrecruiting was. I never said all players that have lots of villages are shitty players though. But being a pointwhore in my eyes doesn't mean you don't have skills either. It just means you're a boring player and possibly scared.

Oh I didn't plan on playing I just wanted to save my account. I asked eddy not to do 3 things: A) don't delete certain stuff on my quick bar. He deleted everything. 2) Don't change my password. He changed it. III) Don't change email address. He changed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22924

Just to give you an example of the skills on w6: about half a year ago just a bit after the 20 mill was cracked I had to teach a 18~ mill player at about rank 4-5~ish what massrecruiting was. I never said all players that have lots of villages are shitty players though. But being a pointwhore in my eyes doesn't mean you don't have skills either. It just means you're a boring player and possibly scared.

Oh I didn't plan on playing I just wanted to save my account. I asked eddy not to do 3 things: A) don't delete certain stuff on my quick bar. He deleted everything. 2) Don't change my password. He changed it. III) Don't change email address. He changed it.

warham delete ur account so nobody can ever touch it :)

DeletedUser

But then all my caps against CBTF F~wo~F Neuwar and SIN will be gone :(

DeletedUser

Well I'll be. Stopping in to say hello and am absolutely amazed to see that some of the old guard is still visiting and playing as well.

lt181, Warham, Henchman, good times had with all of you mates. Almost got me to thinking about attempting to play again, but then hell, I was never much of a player like you mates.

I think I need to go and read the history of W6 to see what happened after I left. It should be interesting.

lt, how many of my old villages do you control now? I am hoping most, but I know there would have been a scramble when I chose to delete.

Warhams reminder of the F~of~F caps made me laugh. I recall intentionally leaking our plans to them and their allies along with an entire battle plan posted in the RIM officers forums in order to flush out the spies. When the real plan executed hours before the leaked one was intended to commence, the devestation to F~of~F on our borders was insane.

Good times.

DeletedUser

when did you fight CBTF:icon_surprised:

i don't remember you ever fighting CBTF =P

I was KoD2's general against CBTF(note, not CBTF-0, they were still tiny at the time). Just after we crushed IMP(a war that I had started by rimming 2 of their players:p). It was my ops that rimmed vankz and shoved our northern border about 1 quarter of a continent by taking CBTF villages. But it was at this peek of KoD2 that our duke cc103 became inactive and yippeekyyay took the duke privs through his account sitting of cc103 and destroyed KoD2 and the mass-exodus of the great players started.