Top 20 Tribes thread

DeletedUser

I thought i'd post, because i'm meant to be writing an essay and honestly this is a more fun wall of text to compose. If i've insulted your tribe please remember that this is just trashy writing by an uninformed moron, so please don't attack me for besmirching your honour. If i've complimented your tribe, consider sending resources to my villages to provide positive reinforcment for the free PR i'm providing you. If i've skated over your tribe with minimal effort, consider becoming more relevant to the world. And that's ironic coming from me.

ALL4-1
- 9/10 - It's hard to say they aren't #1, because they are. A lot of people on a lot of worlds hate on family tribes for the sake of it, but they can work, and it'd be hard to say they aren't working here. Two tribes in the top 20 is good, and with ALL4-1 taking a commanding lead in average points/player (every player is on average more than 1 village richer than the members of any other tribe) they look set to stay at the top. Their altercation with HAMMER may have had questionable effects for their reputation, until it's swept under the rug by the nobling of everyone who feels slighted on the other side, but their growth remains good.

ONE-P - 7/10 - I find them less good for their rank than ALL4-1 look. They have a family, but while ALL4-1's is an intimidating tribe in it's own right, the tribes hanging to ONE-Ps coat-tails would be negligible if not for the diplomacy. There's no question to their place in the top 3 for now, although their spread may prove problematic, the K46 contingent is set for good times, but those in K35 may struggle, especially if their more stellar players are clustered in K46.

SuitUp - 8/10 - Strongly deserving of their place, higher average points per player than the ranked 2 tribe may see them rise to rank 2 if they recruit up their member deficit. They are probably the top tribe with the most work to do to carve themselves out a continent to themselves however, and if their opposition is as good at coordination as it is at recruitment, this may slow their growth.

- A - - 6/10 - Another family tribe, again with smaller tribes seemingly sheltered by the mothership. For a tribe recruiting in the core, their 3rd tribe has an average points per member of 6,000, hardly impressive figures. Sandwhiched between some very promising tribes, they may find it hard to expand in any direction, and unless they lose some of the weaker players they may find their growth strangled.

Burn - 7/10 - They have a commanding lead in their continent, and scores in every area (AP/P, OD etc) that seem to secure their place, however their continent has extraneous members from several tribes, with ALL4-1, - A -, EGO and Deceit all having members across the continent line. While continents are fairly arbitrary borders, they tend to define how people think about the game, and Burn may find that these intruders in their home to be signals of a struggle to come.

ZIPS - 7/10 - On the other side of the world from most of the big boys, and with a whole rim to exploit and expand into, ZIPS should be feeling pretty good about their medium term future. Their OD shows they mean business, but they'll need to work hard to fill the gap between them and the biggest tribes, especially as they elected not to start a family.

Smile! - 6/10 - A demonstration of family done well, nethier tribe is obviously the bigger brother in a one sided relationship, they're two tribes who can work together and add a lot to their potential. Their biggest challenge will be diplomacy, as the north east is a minefield of solid tribes interlaced with each other, they'll have to carefully manage a relationship with Deceit and ONE-P or risk being eaten by an alliance of the other two. In the long term I can only really see 2 of those 3 tribes surviving.

Deceit - 5/10 - Their 3rd tribe needs to go. With players who haven't reached 10k points in almost 3 months since they started, they're starving themselves of easy growth opportunities, positional capabilities and are probably forced to burn resources to support these players who will never be able to fend for themself at the level Deceit want to compete at. This combined with their unenviable position don't leave me too optimistic for them.

HAMMER - 5/10 - Not hopeful for them, ALL4-1 are around them, inside them and from the look of the externals not on friendly terms with them.

EGO - 7/10 - So much space. They've got a bunch of good players with room and time to grow. I'd expect to see them noble and noble and noble and just clear out their continent without much noteworthy happening.

1-4ALL - See above.

Wave! - See above.

*322* - 4/10 - My first thought was, who? My second thought was they'll never survive, their name isn't at all catchy, who's going to talk about Asterisk 322 Asterisk, it's just not catchy. My third thought was, how can someone who thinks the answer "in your wifes panties" to the question location on his profile be a fit leader for a tribe. I hope they're gone soon, replaced by a more gentlemanly tribe.

NarC - 5/10 - Hard to say, could last, could not.

WEEEE! - 4/10 - I imagine the best players from that continent will be in ALL4-1, and I imagine at some point ALL4-1 will clear up their backyard.

PROWL!
- 5/10 - With space and time, could grow. Difficult to say, rim tribes comprise in some cases of everyone applying to the tribe of the top player in the K, leadership and membership potentially questionable.

~R3N~ - 5/10 - Eh, I didn't care enough to look them up. There are about 10 tribes in a similar points range who will drop in and out of the top 20 based on nobling and recruitment for the next month or so.

-CB- - 3/10 - That positioning does not bode well, even if noone attacks them, where are they going to grow?

SHAZAM - See ~R3N~

HVC - 5/10 - They form a concave around ZIPS, if this was SC2 they'd be in a great position, and all they'd have to do would be to stim in and win. The only top tribe i've had personal interactions with the players, they're pretty good, they should survive if they achieve some kind of diplomacy with ZIPS, which i've been told is possible. But we'll see I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

HAMMER - 5/10 - Not hopeful for them, ALL4-1 are around them, inside them and from the look of the externals not on friendly terms with them.

"Sir, they outnumber us!"

"Great! More glory for us!"

"Sir, they surround us!"

"Great! No need to aim!"

While I can appreciate your analysis... when looking at locations, one must also look at the power accounts to get a real feel for positioning. Did you include in HAMMER's academy tribe in your analysis of K56? I think it might change perceptions of whom surrounds whom :)

DeletedUser

HVC - 5/10 - They form a concave around ZIPS, if this was SC2 they'd be in a great position, and all they'd have to do would be to stim in and win. The only top tribe i've had personal interactions with the players, they're pretty good, they should survive if they achieve some kind of diplomacy with ZIPS, which i've been told is possible. But we'll see I guess.

Apparently not

[spoil]
[1/25/2013 6:30:59 PM] XXXXXX: we are doing a joint op with zips now
[1/25/2013 6:32:20 PM] Tom : on?
[1/25/2013 6:33:09 PM] XXXXXX: earth/HVC[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Apparently not

[spoil]
[1/25/2013 6:30:59 PM] XXXXXX: we are doing a joint op with zips now
[1/25/2013 6:32:20 PM] Tom : on?
[1/25/2013 6:33:09 PM] XXXXXX: earth/HVC[/spoil]

Only said it was possible, based on what i'd heard.

"...we could be forming an alliance with them, depending on what happens in the talks on skype, all depends but i will inform you if we do..."

While I can appreciate your analysis... when looking at locations, one must also look at the power accounts to get a real feel for positioning. Did you include in HAMMER's academy tribe in your analysis of K56? I think it might change perceptions of whom surrounds whom :)

Honestly? Your Acad has 3-4 players who could impact things, but ALL4-1's backline is so huge they can and the spread is such that they can stack the 2/3 players who Spear could realistically focus, on given that the majority of your acad will have a single nuke at most, it's not going to win anything. Meanwhile most of your big players are surronded by ALL4-1's main force.

DeletedUser

Fair point, i'm just saying, an ~O~ member has told me that they are working with ZIPS to attack Earth and HVC

ravensbane3468

ZIPS declared on HVC about two weeks ago? Maybe less. A good bit of ODA/ODD exchanged and a few villages lost - some retaken.

All in all - looking that the map - they would have been better off making their core more solid - as HVC is not a threat to them.

But then, if they KNOW they never had any potential problems w/ the big boys around them, they don't really need to worry.

IMHO -this "fight" w/ HVC - they may win the battle but lose the war - as it seems to have stunted their growth.

DeletedUser

ZIPS declared on HVC about two weeks ago? Maybe less. A good bit of ODA/ODD exchanged and a few villages lost - some retaken.

All in all - looking that the map - they would have been better off making their core more solid - as HVC is not a threat to them.

But then, if they KNOW they never had any potential problems w/ the big boys around them, they don't really need to worry.

IMHO -this "fight" w/ HVC - they may win the battle but lose the war - as it seems to have stunted their growth.

I can say that HVC were more co-ordinated than I think a lot of outsiders suspected. I've seen some of the reports, and the OD stats for HVC really show the picture, they put up a stronger fight than expected. It's always a gamble attacking a rim tribe, because their skill level varys so wildly, one will be a collection or relatively new players and those who got rimmed from the main because they couldn't keep up, and another will be full of strong late starters who take advantage of the easier area to grow quickly.

But yeah, despite the difficulty of attacking into a dense area of a tribe, with the ease of stacking that allows, I still expect ZIPs to make some progress when they rebuild all their O.

DeletedUser

ZIPS underestimated their opponents then.

On a side note, they can't work on their core as their core is ~O~ and they have an alliance with them.

ravensbane3468

ZIPS underestimated their opponents then.

On a side note, they can't work on their core as their core is ~O~ and they have an alliance with them.

Well, seems like a poor choice. Keeping too many average or less active players. They'd have been better off eating most.

I think (didn't make official stats) that since the start of "the war" both sides have grown by about 350,000 points - give or take.

DeletedUser90549

"ZIPS - 7/10 - On the other side of the world from most of the big boys, and with a whole rim to exploit and expand into, ZIPS should be feeling pretty good about their medium term future. Their OD shows they mean business, but they'll need to work hard to fill the gap between them and the biggest tribes, especially as they elected not to start a family."

they may not of created a family, but they do have a large amount of alliances!

DeletedUser104736

"ZIPS - 7/10 - On the other side of the world from most of the big boys, and with a whole rim to exploit and expand into, ZIPS should be feeling pretty good about their medium term future. Their OD shows they mean business, but they'll need to work hard to fill the gap between them and the biggest tribes, especially as they elected not to start a family."

they may not of created a family, but they do have a large amount of alliances!

Being away from the competition is both a blessing and a consequence in their case, they will have an easier time until a real competition comes knocking.

DeletedUser85315

Being away from the competition is both a blessing and a consequence in their case, they will have an easier time until a real competition comes knocking.

Considering their difficulties to make decent progress in their gang bang efforts to take out HVC, they are hoping a tribe of equal size doesn't come knocking any time soon.

DeletedUser109349

The HVC players in K34 and 24 didn't really have a choice as there were only three or four players in K34 who were fighting ZIPS. The HVC players in K34 bore the brunt of the ZIPS attacks with minimal assistance from the bulk of the tribe (situated in K33). On top of that several of the larger HVC players (myself included) in K34 for whatever reason had to quit at the same time.

This left only a couple active HVC players in K34. Obviously they could not continue to war with ZIPS without assistance and they did what they had to do to keep themselves from getting obliterated and to stay in the game.

Klouwe

ZIPS have such a nice COA! I wonder who made it?!? :icon_razz:

It's an honor to see that tribes are taking over the name of the winning tribe of W11