Top 20 Tribes thread

DeletedUser

3 different wars.

Zips, Pend Declared war on Weee

TheR, TheE Declared war on Zips, Pend

Auphan Declared war on TheR, TheE

Good luck to all sides involved, everybody have fun, keep it clean and lets lose some of the bitterness posted on the forums recently.

must have misclicked thought i had said 3 :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

3 different wars.

Zips, Pend Declared war on Weee

TheR, TheE Declared war on Zips, Pend

Auphan Declared war on TheR, TheE

Good luck to all sides involved, everybody have fun, keep it clean and lets lose some of the bitterness posted on the forums recently.

you just need Weee to declare on Auphan and the circle is complete.

DeletedUser44759

Just thought I'd take a look back and see what's changed...

[spoil]
Just a few quick thoughts on how I see top 20, nowitsover already filled in most of the detail so it's short and sweet:icon_biggrin:

1 |TheR|
solid tribe, strong connections, high score, but will they prove able to break out of corner? Will probably be around til the end

2 ZIPS
recently had an influx of new blood which might lead to a period of instability and a general dilution of performance. So far have proven to be skilled and able to work as a team, mounting good ops. Currently allied to ego but have issues at times, again will probably be there at the end if don't suffer from internal issues.

3 Auphan
largely an unknown to me, seem strong with plenty of sitters "earning a living", interesting website.
may in the long run be the deciding factor in who wins the world, but seem unlikely to be around still when it happens.

4 EGO
not the best attacking tribe in w66 but certainly defend well
recently also had a bunch of new recruits with possibly same effects as zips, one apparently being attacking a certain member of zips
If they can hold what are likely to be strong internal issues together may be there at the death, currently in a war with smoke which is likely to fizzle along at a low level for some time

5 SMOKE
my own tribe
active group of players who came together as a result of internal issues in Suit Up family
skilled enough to survive to the end if activity is kept up
recently brought exDodo actives into the fold, again those darn assimilation issues may apply

6 GH
still there
still GH
still doing there own thing
no idea what to make of them tbh, never really tested, never really pushed another tribe, but solid core
may be in at end, if world lethargy sets in

7 WEEEE!

after a good start growth was stunted by having to stop attacking -A- at allies request
the big question is can they find a way to break out and grow again, plenty of ability there, solid core and very loyal, an open question...

8+
don't know much about some e.g. KOC, most are family tribes (academies if you will) or tribes about to collapse such as -zero-, LM may yet prove an irritant to some larger tribes because they don't when they're beaten, lol

The future:
much the same as the past I think, the north seems to be adept at fighting but rely on recruitment to drive activity, the south east to remain solid but not truly war driven, the south west to be a giant bush war, though this may settle down now it has a more area centered tribe dominating it

who will win? tbh I think it's wide open, w66 has been a "dirty" world so far, e.g. recently 1/3 of smoke was banned but bans were repealed after protest, however the small tribe limits and vast "internalling" activity has led to much underhand tactics, not to mention unintentional breaches of the rules, this has led to many good players leaving and this trend may decide things all on its own, I hope not.

In the final analysis activity will decide all, possibly by the end even personal friendships, it's going to be an interesting ride, maybe even a long one when things finally bed down and the real fighters start digging in for the duration, tho I suspect an as yet unfounded tribe will claim the laurels

:icon_eek:
[/spoil]

1 |TheR|

mixed fortunes, still no1, prob still there at the end, losing a net vill total of 100 a week would take over a year to remove, so....

2 Auphan

up a place
hit |TheR| big style but lost many recaps, poss creating a sterile southern border before looking west?
hold by previous comments

3 ZIPS

as before, but losing ground in relative terms as well as rankings

4 SMOKE

rank 3 in absolute village numbers by the time this is posted probably
starting to work on consolidating the sout west
rest as before, but no issues with exDodo thankfully

5 EGO

again not much change, but activity seems a problem and making a poor showing against KOC
have they become paper tigers?

6 KOC

up a few places
the new "hate tribe" of w66
some decent players
some appalling
limited but fun future

7+

mix of family and smaller tribes with limited long term lifespans

6 GH
still there
still GH
still doing there own thing
no idea what to make of them tbh, never really tested, never really pushed another tribe, but solid core
may be in at end, if world lethargy sets in

gone...

7 WEEEE!

after a good start growth was stunted by having to stop attacking -A- at allies request
the big question is can they find a way to break out and grow again, plenty of ability there, solid core and very loyal, an open question...

also gone, never did find the way out, victims of own early world diplomacy

The future:

largely hold by what i said in last visit to this subject, activity and friendships will decide the world, but in the short term anything could happen.

as for my own tribe, well, for all the accusations thrown at us we have thrived, the core players are all capable and confident and we've all been fighting one war or another since birth, definately broken the huggy south mould....as for the next step?

I've tried to be balanced and brief, hopefully get a few replies and we toss ball around to fill in the detail...maybe some other folks thoughts on the lower ranked tribes even?

:icon_eek:

DeletedUser68730

Fair post.
I think some time in the next 3 months EGO/SMOKE nap will end. From what I hear players aren't very happy with the NAP and the ExDoDo aren't giving any trouble because they've finally got what they always wanted (War with Koc).
Then we will end up with a proper North Vs South war.
Smoke and TheR as 1 side, then EGO and Zips as the other. Auphan is the loose canon and on there own side, which currently means hitting TheR. But targets may change (although i dont see it happening).

DeletedUser44759

something tells me Bob you have an inperfect understanding of the inter relationships of smoke/ego/zips/TheR....but maybe I do, watch this space...

DeletedUser44759

I thought it was going to be 6 of the best from each of the 4 tribes not a straight merge?

[spoil]:icon_wink::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:[/spoil]

DeletedUser

i feel like some of these pointwhores (wolf, tashali, etc.) will just join a tribe together towards the end to hit the 70% control or whatever it is :/

DeletedUser44759

with the exception of, funnily, wolf and WP, plus a couple of others, that wouldn't surprise me at all...

DeletedUser

1 |TheR|

Still around and still at the top even though they are often called out on the high internal rate, recent war stats show they may not be faring so well even though they still own the most K by dominance. Expect to see this name around for a considerable amount of time yet and who knows things can change and they still have a chance to go all the way.

2 Auphan

Well what can i say that hasn't already been said about them, most tip them as the tribe to beat and although hold the strongest position out of the superpowers possibly they wont walk this world, w62 springs to mind when people say w66 is a done and won world. Although fiercely accurate with timings they don't really seem to have had there defensive capabilities severely tested, whatever way this world goes Auphan have made there mark and i think will continue to do so...

3 SMOKE

Ill try be as unbiased as possible here, some say this is just Suit Up renamed however just having a quick look at this tribe you would see the complete opposite. Willing to war rather than hug has seen smoke move into an ever more dominant position. Hopefully we have put ourselves in a position to be in it for the long run, with more of the same leadership and keeping players active i see no reason why we cant!

4 ZIPS

The once feared by most Zips have seen there tribes fortunes slip a little however this doesn't mean there a done for tribe, recent war stats show they have alot of fight left in them and turning things around as we speak, expecting a bounce back and if they can fix the small cracks we have seen recently may still be here at the end, Zips position may be there downfall with being the only superpower not in a corner of the map with this in mind they could face bigger fronts than they would like...

5 EGO

Ever present on the forums this tribe has seen and done it all by now, lack of activity has hurt them in recent times and this well documented Koc war maybe shows that Ego are not doing so good at the moment, can never be sure on this game but i don't think ego will around for as-long as some might have thought but they still have some good players and are no pushovers

6 KOC

Chest beaters and keyboard warriors springs to mind, don't get me wrong i respect a handful of this tribe but they rest i wouldn't even consider average... mass barb nobling caught threw this tribe into the spotlight, a rim tribe that once had potential but poor leadership seems to have failed them. Even with the gods on there side this tribe will be lucky to see much of winter.

7 |TheE|

See |TheR|

8 PEND

See Zips

9 Auph4n

See Auphan

10 |TheS|

Again see |TheR|

11 BNP

Affiliated with |TheR|F.

12 TAB

Ill be honest here and say i had not heard of this tribe till i wrote this but after (a very) quick research, it seems they could be of a minor inconvenience to Auphan if they were ever to launch at which i presume is a quite empty backline, they will never be anything more than this though i don't think feel free to prove me wrong though...

13 CLEAR

Similar to TAB on a smaller scale, another rim tribe that i cant see making it, minor differences can make a big difference but i feel this tribe i too small to ever make an impact on this world...

14 BOC

See KOC

15 ~CS~

Again another rim tribe, tarting to become a trend so ill also keep it brief and say they wont do much if anything this world.

16 DoD

Who? was my first reaction and eve after having a quick look at them I'm still saying the same safe to say this may be the only time you hear of this tribe.

17 Falanx

Nothing special here, feel like ill just be repeating myself if i try say something about them.

18 LiteUp

Will give them a write up not because they are part of Smoke but due to the fact I actually know something about them, recently awoken from an never-ending beauty sleep. Hopefully they do something otherwise one thing comes to mind foooood

19 SAUCER

Very similar to TAB but to a slightly lesser extent would still be funny to see them spring to action and distract Auphan, something like that might be the momentum changer that |TheR| need.

20 Grind!

Seems to me that Auphan could do with cleaning there backyard to save some unwanted hassle another tribe that could beaminor pain to them if allowed to grow.

Been meaning to do this for ages and finally got round to it nothing special but glad to get it off my todo list :)

DeletedUser113394

Auphan: Sill the tribe to beat, with highly co-ordinated attacks and holding a nice postion in the north, they are probably still favourites to win the world. Although i dont think looking at stats, TheR havent even bothered to OP a single player of theirs. Who knows what they can do defensively? Defending is the skill that takes time, thinking and precision to do.

ZIPS:Theyre just doing their own thing in the middle of north, taking a few members in recently from Pend which is their overflow tribe. Theyre actaully eating their frontline faster than Auphan looking from a map overview. They have a chance to win this world if they play smart. Theyre currently smashing TheR in war caps and those one or 2 internals that come up. They share it :lol:Unlike the Wolf&Tashali. They also have good communication skills which is quite important and they have great team work

SMOKE: Down in the south just hammering Ego, taking advantage of those isolated players that made a stupid move to Ego which they should actually regret. I wouldnt be surprised if theyd do a merger with Zips, although i dont think these Smoke players have been tested by Ego.Looking at war stats, Smoke are way ahead and i dont think Ego can do anything to turn this war around.

TheR:
Still here, having trouble warring Auphan and Zips, they are loosing around 100 or so Villages every 2 weeks so they should be here still for another year or so. TheR are making up for their loosses by grabbing internals from TheE, doesnt Look like TheE have actually done anything in these 2 wars apart from feeding internals to TheR which TheR Are taking advantage off.

Ego: Have a bunch on pushovers that seriously need to be internalled asap or Koc and Smoke will keep taking advantage. To be fair, they actually excel in defending, In the last month they Have actually grown more than Smoke and Koc which is a surprise. Loosing a net 150 Villages every 2 weeks or so. They should still be here for another 6 months or maybe even more.

Koc: Too much to say but ill keep it short, Just slowly warring taking advantage of Egos inactives, they make up their losses by Barb nobling which is why they recieve a lot of hate. They actually have some good old school players like Tila,Toll&The-Ram etc etc.Recent stats have been in their favour. should be here for another year or so. Will probably survive longer than Ego as things are even their favour.

DeletedUser113394

theres a top 6, why should we go down to top 20 if the rest are nubs? waste of time really.

Krazymoefoe

Not our fault in Auphan everyone we attack is too busy defending/too scared too attack us, maybe one day a tribe will grow the balls.

DeletedUser

Why people don't OP Auphan

-Case Study-

Joe R. R. Average lives a peaceful life in TheR. He spends his days in his rocking chair on his front porch, chewing on a straw and playing his banjo. He's waiting for another TheE nooblet to kick the bucket, so he may claim a few of his villages and add them to his collection. He idly reaches for his beer and takes a gulp. It's kinda warm, but he's too lazy to go to the fridge and get a new one. Life's good in TheR when you're not on the front lines. :icon_cool:

Click to read the full story...

[spoil]One gloomy Friday, Joe's daily routine gets blown to pieces. Max 'Too-Much-Caffeine' Victimson has had enough. His blood-shot eyes and trembling hands are just two of the many signs marking him as a front-liner. :icon_eek: "My villages can't take it anymore!", he cries. "I'm running out of troops, my wife left me, I'm getting 2 hours of sleep per night since my co-players deserted me."

TheR panics. Victimson has a large account. He has been very active, so he got a big share of the internals. Now they're at risk of losing this valuable meat shield to Auphan. They need to do something and do it quick! Otherwise, he might do what other brave souls before him have done: send a sitter request and go live a normal life while the account gets savaged by those Auphan bastards, or (worse still!) gets swallowed by Tashali. >.>

So TheR puts together a daring plan. They'll use the element of surprise and do what hasn't been done since this war started: attack Auphan! :icon_twisted:

Joe gets his instructions: target 10 enemy villages. Send all your offense! Do it smartly! Noble those a-holes! Send them back to the hell they came from! (and other inspirational lines, we'd rather not share with minors).

Joe goes to his armory. Dusts off his axe. Practices his war face in the mirror. "Damn right! Let's noble some villas!"

Here it goes: he sits at his command post, reads the manual to remember which troop does what. Sweat trickling down his brow, beer-belly pressed against the edge of the desk, eyes narrowed in concentration, Joe slowly begins to remember how this works. Then, troops start marching.

4 days later.... He suddenly wakes up. He'd fallen asleep after the 65th launch. Wipes drool from the corner of his mouth and gets back at it. Game is hard.

2 days later...15 offensive villages sent per target. Done. Noble trains timed perfectly. Done. Defense pouring after. Done. Joe is proud of himself. Auphan must be crapping their pants. "The power of TheR shall be known across W66. None can stand in our way!" :axemen:

The reports start popping up. Those bastards! First 4 nukes haven't even moved the walls on their targets. Joe is not happy. Then...a ray of hope: one green report! Then another, and another! HA! Eat your heart out, Auphan! Joe haz skill, Joe haz might, Joe will noble you tonight!

He opens a can of beans and waits for the clock to strike 10. His collection of villages will be richer by at least 6.

Not 6, but 10! Joe nobled 10 villages from Auphan! And now they're ultra-mega-stacked, they'll never get them back! He looks around the map, blue villages all around. Everyone has nobled their claims. The front door opens and a gorgeous blonde walks in. "Hi Joe, I've been thinking about you a lot since that day our eyes met over the MacDonalds counter. I think that hat makes you look really sexy!" She gets closer and starts unzipping... Joe wakes up. (sorry guys! :lol:)

Again, he had fallen asleep waiting for the stupid troops to hit. He looks at his reports and doesn't understand what's happening. WTH?! Not even one?? He looks around. One blue village somewhere in the distance. Looks like Ned managed to noble a...no...wait...nevermind, that's Sathom's stack from 6 months ago when he nobled a barb.

How can this be?! He rages on skype, rages on the forum, rages on the toilet (shouldn't have eaten the full can of beans). Turns out Jim the Slacker was too busy internalling TheE to bother sending real attacks, Patrick missed most of his launch times and ended up hitting 14 hours later. Gina was pissed on her co-player for losing too many villages the week before, so she quit right before the OP. Dick was just being himself so he didn't bother helping. And everyone else got sniped, stacked, recapped, with a nice dose of backtimes thrown in for good measure.

"Screw this!", Joe thinks. "There go 6 days of my life I'm never getting back." He's back on his porch, chewing his straw and looking at Jim's 7 new villages. Then he casually sends 4 nobles to a nearby TheE village. [/spoil]

The morale of the story:
1. OPs are fun only if you actually manage to noble stuff.
2. Any Average Joe can get fat on internals. When it comes to real war, though...
3. OPs require real team-work and coordination. Defending requires even more team-work and coordination. Which tribe would be the champion at that? :icon_rolleyes:

Go on, try another OP against Auphan!

Last edited by a moderator: