Top 20 Tribes

DeletedUser

Again, good points Adz. What it comes down to is weighing the pros against the cons, and right now, the cons heavily outweigh the pros of merging with P-Ctrl, at least in my opinion.

As for your points:
1. Wars can do that as well, and this way you don't have to put up with the chance of recruiting poor players into your tribe.
2. We know which members of P-Ctrl have potential. It is a heavily lopsided tribe, where there are several bigger members, mostly ex-Fremen. Warnpeace himself is over 1/8 of the points in a tribe made of 39 people. We offered those with potential a spot in our tribe. They either accepted (zombe), declined and stayed in P-Ctrl, or sought out a third option (Ghalen joined ChoCho).
3. Again, winning wars does that as well.
4. Weak players are still pretty easy to noble out in a war.

So in a merge, you usually take in the leaders and the better players.
-The leaders were the ones to backstab us by begging for help and then recruiting everyone as soon as the tide changed.
-The better players were already given an opportunity to join us. They chose not to. We don't want players who already showed they don't have loyalty to us, although we don't hold anything against them for their decision either.
-The remainder all seem to be small, weak players. I know they are on the rim, but I've seen, time and again, some of the biggest, strongest players rising out of the rim to rival those who asserted themselves early in the core. They've had more than enough time, yet remain to be small and weak.

mitsche

Wow forum life! I love it.

To address Jurasu and Adz, I am glad you agree with our decision on SRA. Before the R4KI war, SRA was a group of 3 different tribes. All of which were relatively unexperienced. TKEP was the most skilled of the group. I played with some of their players in W26 under the PLO banner. My initial plan was for TKEP to merge/eat up the other 2 tribes and create a skilled and strong ally in the north east corner of the world. However, most of their experienced players quit to join W50 leaving a 6 K block with only a handful of players who even know how to use scripts, send trains, or farm!

I feel strongly that the only way that a player can develop is to have access to players who know what they are doing and are willing to teach. All of us had someone show us what scripts are good for, how to send trains, and how to snipe. Those are not things you can easily learn from a guide. Those players that learn come out as the strongest and most active players in late game play. As long as your tribe keeps a good balance of experienced to learning players you will do well. So the merge with SRA was meant as a way to pick up some active players and see who wants to actually learn how to play TW. Those who show no initiative to learn will be dropped and hopefully promptly eaten. They knew that when they merged.

Granted P-Ctrl is a different situation. They have some quality players in their tribe already. And they have some negative history with Omen already.

DeletedUser

I will still order all ex-SRA players to be nobled out if I ever get the chance, Mitsch. :p

Not many people have ever survived after they tried ordering me around.

DeletedUser

We've got a pretty silly top 20. Only 3 tribes are anything serious and should be allowed to live on. =/

Yes, I have no love for rim tribes or turtle tribes. Let's get the torches and burn them!

Wow, that's quite an indictment of the rest of us Daethon. My tribe mates and I might have joined w45 a bit late, but we all actively play, build our villages, and take down what we can. Many of us can send and snipe sub-second trains, and we certainly have distinguished ourselves is something other than "turtle" fashion. Heck, it's too bad you are so distant or we could have some fun with you. We might not take you out, but you would remember going head to head with us;-)

AllAheadFull

DeletedUser

Wow, that's quite an indictment of the rest of us Daethon. My tribe mates and I might have joined w45 a bit late, but we all actively play, build our villages, and take down what we can. Many of us can send and snipe sub-second trains, and we certainly have distinguished ourselves is something other than "turtle" fashion. Heck, it's too bad you are so distant or we could have some fun with you. We might not take you out, but you would remember going head to head with us;-)

AllAheadFull

True that. My tribe has proven that to, taking down people bigger then us with more players then us might be a challenge. but its a fun challenge that we are not quick to reject. But i must also agree. Lots of the top 20 tribes are bad, random recruiting tribes that will be nobled sooner or later but somebody with more experience

DeletedUser

AllAheadFull

All members of all rim tribes are bad until proven otherwise. In the entire south-eastern part of the rim there is currently only 1 player left I would ever recruit. That's one player out of... thousands? All the rest has either managed to annoy me, has nobled barbarians, does't have troops, doesn't have premium, or has no skills. Most people who got a shot at joining, mess up that chance by doing something foolish like harbouring refugees or messing with one of my members. They will all be nobled out because that is what they deserve. Rule 1 in TW is all about not annoying the top tribe, yet there are rim tribes who clearly do not know the playing ethics.

And I'd take you up on your challenge, if only K93 wasn't Omen territory. I absolutely hate rim tribes who think they can make a difference. Especially turtle tribes that would rejoice after taking a few villages. Thought it makes the game all the better for me when we actually start taking them seriously and noble them all to the last village.

The bottomline for rim/turtle tribes to remember here is: don't annoy the bigger tribes, eat your weaker tribe members and apply to a serious tribe. Otherwise you're screwed. Period.

Lady Demise

All members of all rim tribes are bad until proven otherwise. In the entire south-eastern part of the rim there is currently only 1 player left I would ever recruit. That's one player out of... thousands? All the rest has either managed to annoy me, has nobled barbarians, does't have troops, doesn't have premium, or has no skills. Most people who got a shot at joining, mess up that chance by doing something foolish like harbouring refugees or messing with one of my members. They will all be nobled out because that is what they deserve. Rule 1 in TW is all about not annoying the top tribe, yet there are rim tribes who clearly do not know the playing ethics.

And I'd take you up on your challenge, if only K93 wasn't Omen territory. I absolutely hate rim tribes who think they can make a difference. Especially turtle tribes that would rejoice after taking a few villages. Thought it makes the game all the better for me when we actually start taking them seriously and noble them all to the last village.

The bottomline for rim/turtle tribes to remember here is: don't annoy the bigger tribes, eat your weaker tribe members and apply to a serious tribe. Otherwise you're screwed. Period.

The thing about Turtles though-- they have been on the earth for more than 200 million years. They live on most every continent and can live a very long time, out-living most other creatures. Turtles evolved before mammals, crocodiles, snakes and even lizards.

Just saying. ;-)

mitsche

True, turtles will always be around. But in the end, when a turtle meets anything with teeth, who wins?

DeletedUser

True, turtles will always be around. But in the end, when a turtle meets anything with teeth, who wins?

The turtle never does, sometimes neither win but the only time the turtle will win is if some freak thing occurs like a tree falls on the predator :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

[spoil]
tesco1-1.jpg
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

Im from Ash, new tribes that said you guys are horrible to SWW, who recently destroyed Khaos and took its players.. lol i will bring the best of the border tribes together by force. Turtles... lol bring them on xD

DeletedUser

Rank Tribe name
1 One - Going well after the war, seems like they will be the new R4KI and wont be moved for quite some time.
2 ChoCho - Strong tribe, Apparently dealing with a bit of activity issues but I'm sure they can handle it. Im not entirely sure if they will be in a position to challenge One to the top spot in the near future but it is a slow world so give them time.
3 Omen - Seem to be quite quiet, i didnt see a lot of them in the war against R4KI but then again i dont see a lot....
4 P-Ctrl - No matter how much everyone puts them down I think they are a capable tribe. I can see them merging though despite that.
5 Pub - Havent heard anything of them, They are living dangerously on the rim very close to One but have survived this long so you have to hand it to them.
6 Vrooom - They seem quite spread out on the rim but if that is how they like it then...
7 =DARK= - They rule K51 and K52 is between them and P-Ctrl. I could see them going to war with Legend shortly though just so they dominate K51 completely.
8 AXO - Never really heard of these guys
9 HOWL! - Again havent heard much
10 ~FOUL~ - Ahhh where to begin eh? The words turtlers, point whores and noobs spring to mind but again they have survived so far, tbh I'm suprised they hadnt been eaten by R4KI a long long time ago but hey, quoting from a chocho player "I ate everyone south of them that were dangerous". Should be fun to see if they disband or melt away finally.

mitsche

I don't see One becoming the new R4KI. What made R4KI was that they controlled the core of the world, bordered every tribe, and had almost the entire top 20 in their tribe. They were also over twice the size of every one else in the world. We need to see what happens when the rim clears up, but I do not see them having the complete dominate force that R4KI was!

DeletedUser

I'm going to agree with Mitsche here, One is in a great position and tbh I think it will be a while before someone takes the top spot from them, but I don't think they really have to worry about Pub or any of the rim tribes hitting them from the rim side, i'm pretty sure they can handle it, however I think had R4ki not been plagued with activity issues I think that war would still be going on right this minute, but it will be interesting to see what happens. I don't see them losing the top spot any time soon though.:icon_smile:

DeletedUser91637

Seems not many people have heard of our tribe HOWL! so I thought I would post up.
I'm not a man of many words so....