Top 20 Tribes

DeletedUser

While the future does not look super bright, us MoMians are ready to lay down life for our duke, for our tribe, and for our villages. After we have gone through so much, just merging in to win would be way to anti-climactic.

Well, when the time comes, don't say that you didn't have the chance

DeletedUser

We have had offers to merge for the victory given to us plenty of times. Why win a TW world in a boring way, if you are going to waste so much time on this game, at least do something a little special.

DeletedUser95593

So you won't win the world in a boring way by merging. But you're happy to play the world in a boring way by nobling inactives and barbs?

DeletedUser

So you won't win the world in a boring way by merging. But you're happy to play the world in a boring way by nobling inactives and barbs?

No, no...they have seen how succesful [T] have been by not engaging anyone and internalling/barbing their way to victory for the lat 3 months. It's the blueprint to success on W56 (as it has been in all other TW worlds)

DeletedUser

MoM was at war for the first 9 months of this world basically. 3 months off is allowed. If you don't like it, I don't care.

For me it is to do with achievements in the grand scheme of things. For you it is to save your account someone else created. We all have our ways of playing this game and the people in MoM with me want to do something that is rarely accomplished on TW where as if W2V merge in some [T], beat the rest of the world with -MM- then merge them in then they have managed to do what would have been done by a good 3,000 other players.

DeletedUser95593

MoM now is not the MoM that was at war for the first 9 months. Other than the name and the stats you are two different tribes, stop using past accomplishments as excuses as to why your nobling barbs/inactives now.

MoM mass recruited, merged, used shady diplomacy all the time. Don't act as if it is some saint of a tribe because if it were W2V would have never declared.

DeletedUser84667

I am one of the more recent recruits left in MoM from the RW collapse, and I have been fighting along side the majority of the players currently in MoM for 6 months of MoMs war time. Sure, some of the original MoM has quit like with all tribes, but there are still a good handful of the original left and and those who are not original like myself or Albanian have been fighting with this tribe for a majority of the worlds span and we have been here through it's hardest times.

DeletedUser

MoM now is not the MoM that was at war for the first 9 months. Other than the name and the stats you are two different tribes, stop using past accomplishments as excuses as to why your nobling barbs/inactives now.

MoM mass recruited, merged, used shady diplomacy all the time. Don't act as if it is some saint of a tribe because if it were W2V would have never declared.

First to the bolded part: To quote Roo here - "everyone else is doing it so why not us?" - /joke

Second to the italic/underlined part: I think we've ascertained that W2V would probably have declared anyway - they wanted to win and they seriously want it. No doubt that W2V would have declared on anything left in the world towards the end, and that includes MoM. And if we had kept our roster that we had at the start of the gangbang (that includes you Choco), we would have had the same outcome as the way the war was going.

Onto the serious part: We're not the same MoM that beat the initial gangbang. Heck, we're not even the same MoM that we were a few months ago. But considering that the only 'tribes' (I use this to denote the major powers) are W2V, MM, Tutti and and T. Attacking W2V would bring us a fight with W2V and MM, and T are our allies. Tutti are the closest to us in that sense, but still a few K away in large majority. Just looking at it geographically, we've got not much to do other then grow on what we can find. As Glyn points out, whoever wins the T vs W2V war will probably go hunting, and considering our locale, we're in a pretty juicy place. We want a good fight, considering old 'gripes' and all. Part of that for now is nobling inactives and barbarians, but it's not all of it. While looking at it strategically if W2V and MM declared on us now, we probably would eventually lose (hey, I'm a pessimist plus the statistics speak for themselves), it would be unwise to underestimate us.
I'd rather noble barbs and inactives, then betray my tribe and hit the very people who helped me when I was on the losing side. But that's just personal preference, right? It's not like most of the players in MoM weren't in constant war from the start (ex RW, me, etc). It's a tribe that is used to seeing war at their gates.

But don't worry Choco, we're not completely out of the race yet.

As Dan said, we have bonded and we are fine with following Carmander's plans to whatever end; for me personally, as I stated before, I don't care about winning a world. I care about fighting alongside my friends/tribemates and having a good time with those people and obviously following my code in battle. Sure, years, decades from now, if W2V win, no-one will remember what we did or why we did it; but that's not why we haven't just taken the easy option out.

And Choco, you pose a contradiction in your post; you say we can't use past achievements as excuses, but you say we should be condemned for our past mistakes. You say we are not the MoM of old, yet you ascertain their failures onto us. If we're not the MoM of old, then all we've got is a clean sheet at the moment.

The "new" MoM hasn't merged or mass recruited, for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

For me it is to do with achievements in the grand scheme of things. For you it is to save your account someone else created.

Wut? I have never merged an account, never taken an account over and I have never been rimmed or quit on any account I have played on TW. Care to expand on this sentence as I'm guessing it wasnt aimed at me

DeletedUser

Wut? I have never merged an account, never taken an account over and I have never been rimmed or quit on any account I have played on TW. Care to expand on this sentence as I'm guessing it wasnt aimed at me

It was a reply to Choco's post before yours Glyn, I believe :icon_redface:

DeletedUser95593

And Choco, you pose a contradiction in your post; you say we can't use past achievements as excuses, but you say we should be condemned for our past mistakes.

No I said you can't use past achievements as excuses for being able to barb and inactive noble because you did the same "merging/mass recruiting" etc, Carlini was saying that makes worlds so boring.

You say we are not the MoM of old, yet you ascertain their failures onto us. If we're not the MoM of old, then all we've got is a clean sheet at the moment.

No I said the all the new MoM has done is noble barbs/inactives (exaggeration). Carlini is the one that mentioned old MoM and the past achievements and based it as an excuses as to why they are now having a break.

I didn't contradict myself, you just decided to jump in and reply to one post rather than reading the conversation.

Onto the serious part: We're not the same MoM that beat the initial gangbang. Heck, we're not even the same MoM that we were a few months ago. But considering that the only 'tribes' (I use this to denote the major powers) are W2V, MM, Tutti and and T. Attacking W2V would bring us a fight with W2V and MM, and T are our allies. Tutti are the closest to us in that sense, but still a few K away in large majority. Just looking at it geographically, we've got not much to do other then grow on what we can find. As Glyn points out, whoever wins the T vs W2V war will probably go hunting, and considering our locale, we're in a pretty juicy place. We want a good fight, considering old 'gripes' and all. Part of that for now is nobling inactives and barbarians, but it's not all of it.

You carry on nobling the barbs and inactives and continue to ignore what is in front of you. Ask Ben how that worked out for his tribe(s) on W51.

I'd rather noble barbs and inactives, then betray my tribe and hit the very people who helped me when I was on the losing side. But that's just personal preference, right?

Greg, If I really wanted to I could eat around those players that helped me, for arguments sake. This is a discussion about MoM and the top tribes of w56, not about me as a player. You can continue to throw in sly insults it genuinely doesn't bother me lol. Continue to detract from the points I made because they are right.

But all it has done is predominantly nobled barbs and inactives. That was my original point and that if people in MoM are going to use past accomplishments as to why they are doing this and act as if they are better than just to merge for a victory then you have to acknowledge, they already have merged, mass recruited etc in attempts for victory. (If any of what I just said makes sense. :icon_confused:)

DeletedUser

You did contradict yourself;

You told Dan that he couldn't speak highly of MoM, yet you tried to split us into two different tribes by telling us that we are not the same MoM as before. Dan can and should speak highly of MoM, as the new MoM has done nothing of what you accuse it of.

The only problem with your argument is that I wasn't pointing out my argument; I was simply pointing out the gaping holes in yours. Logically speaking, your post does not make much sense.

Congratulations.

Edit - Just because you say "I'm right" does not make, funnily enough, "right". But, hey, if self-reassurance helps, please continue.

DeletedUser95593

You told Dan that he couldn't speak highly of MoM.

New MoM: Predominantly nobled barbs and inactives.

Old MoM: Fought many gangbangs, did amazing yada yada yada. Still made the same diplomatic/recruitment mistakes it criticized other tribes for.

That is why I said it, you came in with your giant wall of crap and over complicated everything.

DeletedUser

Yes; "over-complicated everything" is an entirely valid argument, like "I'm right".
The new MoM, has every right, according to your logic, mind, to act like saints - they've not done anything wrong.

Again, I congratulate you.

Edit - And for the record, I replied to you because you told Dan that what he said didn't change anything in what you said - I was simply pointing out that the ship you based your argument on was full of holes and I just reiterated Dan's statements.

DeletedUser95593

Fine the new MoM is no better than COOL. Continue to noble barbs and inactives. But at the end of the day you are just food, like all the rest of them.

Edit - And for the record, I replied to you because you told Dan that what he said didn't change anything in what you said - I was simply pointing out that the ship you based your argument on was full of holes and I just reiterated Dan's statements.

It didn't. Him being in MoM for 6 months had absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

DeletedUser

I never said it did. I was just simply stating that I replied to you because you were complaining of a lack of a proper reply from Dan and it having no relevance; I gave you a reply with relevance and I reiterated his statements about us being bonded and being a team.

DeletedUser84667

So just because some players in a tribe noble some barbs and inactives after warring for a long time they are no longer a good tribe and lose claim to any past achievements?

That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on the externals, and the externals is pretty full of stupid things.

Tazecca

Once the world gets closer to an actual end, I will write something along the lines of a war story about my accounts history on the world. Should give some perspective on MoM, I am sure some of the other members will join me.

Aye, i shall, it will be a feast for the eyes