Top 20 Tribes

DeletedUser

Don't worry about it Dan, I tried arguing with him on his logic, that didn't work. The truth obviously didn't work the first time round, otherwise he would never have posed the question... :icon_eek:

DeletedUser95593

So just because some players in a tribe noble some barbs and inactives after warring for a long time they are no longer a good tribe and lose claim to any past achievements?

That has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on the externals, and the externals is pretty full of stupid things.

No. Im saying so far since the NAP with W2V the majority of what MoM have done is noble barbs and inactives.

Carlini said that because of past achievements etc they can have a break if they want to and that they are above a merge for victory.

I then said that if you are going to use past achievements of MoM then you also need to include the mistakes in the past it made like merging with CODE/Haul etc. Therefore contradicting what Carlini said about merging for victory as MoM as a tribe have already attempted it.

We have had offers to merge for the victory given to us plenty of times. Why win a TW world in a boring way, if you are going to waste so much time on this game, at least do something a little special.

So you won't win the world in a boring way by merging. But you're happy to play the world in a boring way by nobling inactives and barbs?

MoM was at war for the first 9 months of this world basically. 3 months off is allowed.

For me it is to do with achievements in the grand scheme of things.

MoM now is not the MoM that was at war for the first 9 months.

stop using past accomplishments as excuses as to why your nobling barbs/inactives now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd like to point out that Car didn't lead the MoM of "old" as you know, but he fought with it. He's our leader, we follow his vision (this is now my argument, as opposed to just pointing out holes in yours). He fought and bled with it for a long time, as did a number of those with us now. All of us have fought quite tough battles before joining MoM and obviously during the world war that was waged on us not too long ago. But considering how long he's been on this world, I think he of all people is justified in using the old battles as an excuse. I wasn't top 3 (or rank 1 for a while) of ODD long before joining MoM for no reason either.
For Car, and the tribe now since he is now in charge of it, victory through merging isn't what he wants. Sure, other MoM leaders may have approved that idea, but it's not what he wants, nor is it what the tribe wants after learning from "our" past mistakes and seeing what it has done to other tribes.

So yes, we are above merging to victory, at the moment anyway (in case this direction changes; my opinion might not, but the tribe may choose otherwise and I'll follow them whatever the choice, but as far as I know, this is our current stance.)

DeletedUser

MoM is not opposed to merging for victory, they are just opposed to MoM being merged into any other tribe. If any other tribe does any merging it is only wrong coz it would lessen MoM's chances of winning W56.

Considering the 'new MoM' is such a saintly group of players and is only being marred by the actions of the 'old MoM' why keep the same tribe name, tag and keep holding onto grudges done to the 'old MoM'? Most of the players currently in MoM were not even around for the gangbang (Carlini, 2S2C, albanian, etc) and there are only a handful left that were actually original MoM players. If MoM do win W56, it will be an "omg, we are so awesome, we have been through 6587 gangbangs and managed to still win W56". I saw some semblance of humility and good sportsmanship when Car first came back and helped MoM survive but not in a long while now. Having said that, there are still a few in MoM that are good sports, unfortunately they are being drowned out by the vocal majority.

DeletedUser

is this thread turning out to be another rehash of how much gangbang MoM endured back in 1960's? seriously guys get over it.. no one cares anymore, that happened before cars were invented.. move on :lol:

DeletedUser84667

Actually, Albanian was here for most of the most recent gangbang and was here for the ones before hand, as was Carlini. 2stoned2care wasn't, but nobody really cares about him anyways and he was in the original wars MoM was a part of.

Just looking at the members roster as fact, the only players who were not in MoM for the gangbangs were as follows:

Ms.Maibe
Jake-the-Peg
And the current FMS players who has played in MoM before and held their own in the original series of gangbangs.

Some may say that Albanian and St.Yawz were not part of the gangbangs, however both players were in the tribe participating until about halfway through the most recent gangbangs, placing them in the tribe to deal with all the problems before hand, and having them come back to help clean up all the problems afterwards.

As for the original MoMs, I honestly find the idea of looking for first week "original" players a joke. Not a jab at you, but just at the idea, the majority of players on a world that make it to the end are never original players, but often players picked up in the first "opening" months of the world. I consider those who joined in the first 1-1.5 months original MoM, which increases the number of "original" players from my perspective greatly. Even if we are talking those who first started playing, we are still looking at 8 accounts that have players who have been here since the start of the world, which is roughly 44% of the tribes overall roster. Then when we add those who joined in the time frame I suggest as the "original" players we get 11 players, which ~ to 66% of the tribes overall roster. That means 66% of players in MoM right now have been playing with the tribe since the start, not many tribes can say that. All we need to do is add another month or two to the count and that number jumps up more into the 80th percentile range, which is also an impressive figure imo.

I also wouldn't say many MoM players are trying to shirk off what we did in the past, in fact some are wearing it as a proud lesson that they want to keep around to say "we messed up, look what we did, look what happened because of it, and look how we were able to fix it and stabilize". I am proud to say that MoM was doing shit moves and not in a very good spot tribe wise before hand and was able to turn it around to form the family that MoM has become today. Takes something more than just in game experience, lots of nobles, or lots of time to do something like that. It seems to me the people who are trying to "move past" MoMs history are also the people who have clearly shown negative feelings towards MoM as a tribe and/or MoMs players as individuals. Maybe it is a way to make them try to diminish MoMs morale or something, but just sharing, it is not working.

DeletedUser

You'd know all about merging to win a world wouldn't you Choco...

I don't personally care for MoM's past achievements right now, sure it was fun to be involved in from the start... but come the end of the world it won't count for much.

I'm still here to win, just like everyone else.

DeletedUser

So what's the plan, stan? Wait for W2V and MM to fall apart? Maybe die a 'glorious death' by remaining small and getting nobled out (as if there aren't 3000 people who have died fighting for their tribe before :icon_wink:)? Maybe 'recruit in' [T] so as to become a 'bright star' once again?

What'll it be, 'the-tribe-that-was-spared'? Or perhaps 'the-tribe-that-did-well-in-the-beginning'?

DeletedUser

im afraid its always just gonna be the tribe-that-got-gangbanged-and-we're-still-here-so-that-makes-us-awesome

DeletedUser

MoM is not opposed to merging for victory, they are just opposed to MoM being merged into any other tribe. If any other tribe does any merging it is only wrong coz it would lessen MoM's chances of winning W56.

Considering the 'new MoM' is such a saintly group of players and is only being marred by the actions of the 'old MoM' why keep the same tribe name, tag and keep holding onto grudges done to the 'old MoM'? Most of the players currently in MoM were not even around for the gangbang (Carlini, 2S2C, albanian, etc) and there are only a handful left that were actually original MoM players. If MoM do win W56, it will be an "omg, we are so awesome, we have been through 6587 gangbangs and managed to still win W56". I saw some semblance of humility and good sportsmanship when Car first came back and helped MoM survive but not in a long while now. Having said that, there are still a few in MoM that are good sports, unfortunately they are being drowned out by the vocal majority.

DH, I have to reply to this, since by vocal majority and the fact that you replied after my post, I can only assume you mean me:

The whole Old/New MoM thing was a joke from the previous page - I was picking apart Choco's argument. I, like Dan and most people, don't believe that MoM of old is any different to the new MoM in respect to past failures and achievements both being attributed to us, despite us not being around at that time (or rather, all of us, as some, like Car were).

As for the merging, maybe Car feels differently, but I am against any merging of any perceived 'enemies' just to win a world.

It's interesting to see you talk about humility and sportsmanship; two things which I have always attributed to you personally, but not to a good quarter of MM. To quote Roo here, I've not seen you publicly address the arrogance (lack of humility) of say, Zurtle, but you choose to call us out on it. Not saying anything bad as Zurtle is a great player and, from the looks of it, an even better leader, but I just find it interesting. Heck, you don't even complain about the arrogance present in W2V either; I guess it's easy to pass over qualities of your friends that you don't like in others, though.

And Roo, we're planning an amalgamation of all those really. We're going to wait for you guys to fall apart, after which, we'll disband and 'die a glorious death', but not before recruiting T so we do become 'bright stars' once again. Or something like that; I'm not too sure myself, it's too confusing.

Clearly, as Choco pointed it out, we're "just food like everyone else"; so heck, why aren't we allowed to be the type of food that we want to be? You guys would just rather we sit back and not do anything, and just basically give up to make your world win easier? Surely W2V, MM and the other tribes enjoy that there is still fighting spirit left in MoM; it means you won't be sitting bored till the end of the world, at the very least.

Also, I'd like to point that this entire conversation (over the last few pages) was started by Atoce and then Glyn replying; it wasn't even MoM coming here to post, initially.

DeletedUser

Gregoun, my post wasn't directed at you. It is something that has been building for a few weeks. I am just against the whole hypocritical thing of 'it is ok if we do it but not if anyone else does it'.

In regards to calling out others on arrogance, I am not usually one to do so on external forums. You pointed out Zurtle as an example. I know that he comes across as arrogant on externals and I have stated as such to him directly as well as to Carlini when he approached me about it. I have known Zurtle for years and know his real side and there is no point me going off at him on a public forum just to satisfy random strangers.

DeletedUser

I understand DH, I have the same feelings about what W2V does and says (perhaps mistakenly or misplaced, as I am biased against them).

And I fully understand the point about not doing it just to satisfy random strangers; but what I was saying was, in essence, is that I noticed that you don't like hypocrisy, but in a sense, calling someone else out when you let your own members/co-duke do it is almost that. "It's okay if we do it, because we know we're not really arrogant, because we know each other, but not if others do it", is it not? I mean this respectfully by the way as a question. I might be seeing it wrong, but I consider it very similar/almost the same. Or in the case with my question, how do you know that MoM members haven't been reprimanded internally or that we're no different with our 'real sides' - just food for thought. Isn't it slightly hypocritical(used loosely) to only call out your enemies publicly on their arrogance?

Before any trolls come back to that last point; yes there are a number of egos in MoM who fall into that category; and yes, I do not approve of them either.

Then, to be fair, I suppose the question would also apply to me; How do I know that say, W2V/MM/Zurtle/Roo or anyone isn't any different either and this is all just an act that we all play?

Interesting food for thought really; thank you for your respectful and non-trolling reply; I apologise for misunderstanding whom the message was directed at; like I said, I assumed it was me.

DeletedUser

I don't like it when u play the nice guy Greg. I think you're a better villain

DeletedUser

I don't usually call out the MoM ones either and we have those same posters doing it day in and day out. I did my best to not single out the offenders and also made a note that there are some in MoM that I feel are not like that at all. I try to make my posts fair but I know it is impossible to please everyone, hehe.

My post today wasn't triggered by the arrogance per se, it was more the scoffing at merging to win when those same people scoffing would more then entertain the idea of a merge if it was to happen under the MoM banner although the original MoM will not resemble the resulting MoM in any way. There is nothing special about that. You just need to look at Tutti as proof - the tag was here from day 1 and after losing it in a merge, etc they are still around.. or are they?

DeletedUser

So what's the plan, stan? Wait for W2V and MM to fall apart? Maybe die a 'glorious death' by remaining small and getting nobled out (as if there aren't 3000 people who have died fighting for their tribe before :icon_wink:)? Maybe 'recruit in' [T] so as to become a 'bright star' once again?

What'll it be, 'the-tribe-that-was-spared'? Or perhaps 'the-tribe-that-did-well-in-the-beginning'?

Why would I tell you? :icon_confused:.

DeletedUser

Villains always explain their cunning plan, before cackling madly. I believe it comes with the territory, the gloating. :icon_razz:

Angel Styles

The true villain has yet to be exposed in world 56.

Wait for it........