Top-Brass Interviews

DeletedUser

Good evening World 53 forum viewers.

I decided to invite 6 of the most prominent tribes leaders to take part in an interview with me, I put the same questions to all of them to make them more comparable for you all.

The interviews were conducted on Skype, sorry i haven't gone through to place the skype emoticon images in here, but I am sure most of you will know what they look like/mean as you see them.

So in current tribe rank order;

1) DSL - Throw Rocks
Time of interview (UK time): 08/01/2011 18:18

[SPOIL]GiraffeNuke - Thanks for taking the time to do this interview with me, if you could just state for the record your in-game name on World 53, your tribe the position you hold there and if you don't mind the forum name you post under.

Throw Rocks - I am Throw Rocks, (TR), Duke of DSL, and I post as such.

GiraffeNuke - Is your tribe currently involved in any major wars?

Throw Rocks - Currently we have finished up our wars with Hubris & 2HARD, and continue to skirmish with RIM!

GiraffeNuke - I am obviously a bit biased being a member of DSL, but it was quick work you made of those other two so good job.

How pleased with your tribes performance are you so far in this world?

Throw Rocks - Having led two other top tribes, (XIII/XIV in W22 #1 & Wtf?/BANNED in W38 #2) I am as pleased with my guys & gals here as any tribe I have ever led. We have little or no problems with inactivity and everyone here is ready to put their ass on the line for a tribemate which is all I ask of them.

GiraffeNuke - It is always good to have members willing to fight as a part of the tribe, not expecting the tribe to fight to protect them.

Does your tribe have any long term strategy for the world that you would care to share?

Throw Rocks - Win

GiraffeNuke - Lol, sounds simple :p

Throw Rocks - Complicated plans get complicated.

GiraffeNuke - Would you say that a good ability to attack, defend or handle diplomacy is the most important thing for a tribe?

Throw Rocks - Troops win wars. Diplomacy can't hold a spear or axe. I see a lot of tribes whoring it up diplomacy wise, and my advice to them is to get ready we'll get to you in due time.

GiraffeNuke - Not sure if I need ask the next question then,

Do you think that your tribe will win this world? And if so, how difficult do you think it will be?

Throw Rocks - Winning is never easy. That's why there are so many losers out there. As soon as most of the accounts start hitting around 1million we'll see the normal TW dropout and the real battle will become activity. We'll see how we fare through that and go from there.

GiraffeNuke - Which other tribe do you most respect in this world?

Throw Rocks - There are so many greats back here for a x2 world, it's hard to single out just one tribe to respect. I think one of the most under-respected tribes out there is Nooble. I'd keep my eye on them if I were the surrounding tribes.

GiraffeNuke - Interestingly it seem they have come into the lime-light of the public forums in the past few days, will be good to watch and see where they go from here.

If there was any one player, not currently in your tribe, that you could have playing for you from World 53, who would it be?

Throw Rocks - It would be Raven24 of Nooble, they are exceptional players.

GiraffeNuke - I am sure they will be flattered, unlike the person you will mention next :)

Which player from World 53 would you most like to see vanish from the world without a trace?

Throw Rocks - Chase, clearly. It's possible that she's gone, she seems pretty hard to get rid of.

GiraffeNuke - She hasn't made herself very popular this world with a lot of people it would seem.

What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done in Tribal Wars?

Throw Rocks - I can't say I've ever been embarassed by anything in TW.

GiraffeNuke - Lucky devil :)

Do you have any moments in your Tribal Wars history that you are particularly proud of?

Throw Rocks - Leading BANNED in W38 was probably the highlight of my TW experience.

GiraffeNuke - Who do you think is the best forum personality from World 53 and why?

Throw Rocks - I don't have a lot of time for the externals, but for conducting interviews of the top tribes I'd have to say you probably get the award for that one.

GiraffeNuke - Lol, seems a bit biased to me, but I will revel in the flattery!

Who do you think is the worst forum personality from World 53 and why?

Throw Rocks - Chase. And, it should be obvious.

GiraffeNuke - I had a sneaking suspicion that that would be your answer.

Are there any kind words, advice, banter, mothers favourite recipe etc. that you would like to share with the World 53 forum viewers?

Throw Rocks - Stop spamming the forums and go noble something :)

GiraffeNuke - Lol, so the axe is mightier than the keyboard. Thanks again for your time, I am sure the public will enjoy reading your opinions on what we have discussed here.

Throw Rocks - Annddd....now time for some COD![/SPOIL]

2) COMING - Faaaaark
Time of interview (UK time): 06/01/2011 15:58

[SPOIL]GiraffeNuke - Thanks for taking the time to do this interview with me, if you could just state for the record your in-game name on World 53, your tribe, the position you hold there and if you don't mind the forum name you post under.

Faaaaark - Hey GN

In-game name - Faaaaark
Position - Duke of COMING
Forum name - Faaaaark

Faaaaark - erm...kinda... lol okay, we have several wars happening, as most would know, we are in a cold war with Rogues, but we are also cleaning up DMN in K54 and -FE- in K55

GiraffeNuke - I hope they are going well for you, how pleased with your tribes performance are you so far in this world?

Faaaaark - It's been interesting to say the least. I never was part of the COMING premade. I had a chat with River and he recruited me. I moved into a leadership role and then assisted him until he quit not long ago. Tensions were strained in COMING as River is different to most leaders and it took a lot of time for people to settle in and get used to his leadership style.

As for this world so far, COMING is forging ahead and is making light work of our two smaller wars. Once these are complete, we will concentrate our effots back towards Rogues and we will have better position to remove them this time.

Morale in COMING at the moment is good as we are wiping these smaller tribes, always good to keep the morale high... lol

GiraffeNuke - It's good to hear morale is high, bad morale can be more dangerous than those spear nukes at times.

Does your tribe have any long term strategy for the world that you would care to share?

Faaaaark - We always intended to move south. We knew there were good tribes in the north and we openly spoke to them and agreed to move southeast. One thing that annoys me in this game is that no one tries to set up an awesome final war for the world. Worlds are usually dead within 5-6 months as the main threats are removed early on, or new worlds open up with better settings and this draws the vets to the new worlds. Set up a decent war and people will stay.

My personal goal is to try to set up an epic 'end of the world war' (similar to W12). This means we need to go southeast and let the northern tribes sort their differences out on their own.

GiraffeNuke - That really is thinking ahead, and not just for your own tribe, but to keep it interesting for us all.

Would you say that a good ability to attack, defend or handle diplomacy is the most important thing for a tribe?

Faaaaark - All three actually are equally important. You need good players that can move into enemy territory and then hold their villages. All the while, you need to carefully select diplomacy with specific tribes that are near you so that you can war effectively against your main enemy at the time.

GiraffeNuke - Do you think that your tribe will win this world? And if so, how difficult do you think it will be?

Faaaaark - Originally, I was not fussed about winning this world as I came here to pointwhore. With that said, I ended up in COMING's leadership group, so I have had to change my personal goals and align them to my tribe's goals. Of course our guys want to win this world (everyone does secretly... lol) and I will do everything in my power to help them achive that goal. As for how difficult, activity is the key. Filling dead accounts and selective recruitment is what wins you a world.

Faaaaark - I am very impressed with the Abort/RIM! premade. These guys are my old tribemates from previous worlds and I know what they are capable of. Some of these guys have won a world or two and they have shown that they can withstand almost anything.

I am also extremely impressed with DSL. They have been attacked from all sides and have continued to grow well.

To me, these are the two standout tribes in W53.

GiraffeNuke - As a member of DSL I will say my thanks for those kind words :)

If there was any one player, not currently in your tribe, that you could have playing for you from World 53, who would it be?

Faaaaark - tough one, Half of RIM! is my old tribemates from other worlds... plenty of names to choose from there. I'd prefer to choose someone I have never played with before to be fair.

My choice would be Little Red Dot or yourself. I've heard good things about both of you. I've heard you are great at diplomacy.This is something I should stay away from... I start too many wars. I also like LRD's stats. He is taking war caps and is constantly growing, great ODA too.

GiraffeNuke - Awww, flattery will get you everywhere faaaaark :p Yes Little Red Dot is a phenomonal player I am proud to be in the same tribe as.

Which player from World 53 would you most like to see vanish from the world without a trace?

Faaaaark - are you serious???? is this an actual question??? lol...... Astroboy!!!! Allos? is my main target for this world

GiraffeNuke - I think most of us know the history there :p

Faaaaark - I've fired two trains at one village when I was half asleep and I had to send support to kill the second train... it was a packet world... it would have been a VERY costly mistake if the train hit. I think it would have cost me about 5000 packets if the 2nd train hit... lol

GiraffeNuke - Ouch, that would have been bad, lets hope no-one ever finds out about that one!

Do you have any moments in your Tribal Wars history that you are particularly proud of?

Faaaaark - This is where Pleasantly Agonized will give me a hard time... lol.

Helping DNY win W12 was the best moment. When the world closed, I knew something special had been achieved. Whilst I deleted just before the world ended, I was either a Baron or co-Duke of DNY (with Rednecks and Dadacanaidu) for most of DNY's existence.

GiraffeNuke - It is definitely something to be proud of, you all did a fantastic job and no-one can ever take that record away from you.

Who do you think is the best forum personality from World 53 and why?

Faaaaark - So many names, gimme a minute... lol

I like a few (in no particular order):
Yourself - you always use valid points when you post
zezula - her witty comments make me laugh
Lloyd Christmas - we've had our differences, but his sense of humour is way out there, you never know if he is being serious or not

GiraffeNuke - Awww shucks, you are making me blush Mr Faaaaark, that is twice you have picked me now!

Faaaaark - lol... Astroboy without a doubt. If only he could post a decent argument. Pulling his posts apart are so easy. From a tribal perspective, he does not represent his tribe well. If only he would back up his statements with attacks on the battlefield. We're in a war at the moment and we are yet to see a single attack from Allos. Yet, he is on the forum every day flaming everyone in sight. If you are going to lead a tribe and post on the forum, then you need to lead by
example and actually attack your enemy youself... with your troops... lol

GiraffeNuke - Are there any kind words, advice, banter, mothers favourite recipe etc. that you would like to share with the World 53 forum viewers?

Faaaaark - Treat the game as a game. I quit the game for a while and have returned with a different strategy now. I will treat the game for what it is... a game. I hope others do too.

GiraffeNuke - Great advice if I may say so myself, thanks again for your time, I am sure the public will enjoy reading your opinions on what we have discussed here.

Faaaaark - no problems, hit me up any time[/SPOIL]

3) Rogues - Allos?
Time of interview (UK time): 06/01/2011 16:36

[SPOIL]Unfortunately Allos? did not want to take part in the interview but has released this statement;

Allos? on 06.01. at

17:36

we dont give interviews, we have enough flames going on for us cause of ****** noobs there, and we need no more;
[/SPOIL]

4) Rim! - Rednecks
Time of interview (UK time): 08/01/2011 03:55

[SPOIL]Unfortunately I was not able to catch Red with us both around at the same time to do a live interview, but he was kind enough to answer the questions for us all anyway;

Rednecks - As of now we are involved in squirmishes with DSL in K34.

GiraffeNuke - How pleased with your tribes performance are you so far in this world?

Rednecks - The tribe has a lot of potential. We have some things we need to work on but the core group of our tribe is solid.

GiraffeNuke - Does your tribe have any long term strategy for the world that you would care to share?

Rednecks - I honestly do not have a long term strategy at this point. Win or lose we are here to have fun. We will play this world as long as we are enjoying it.

GiraffeNuke - Would you say that a good ability to attack, defend or handle diplomacy is the most important thing for a tribe?

Rednecks - Attacking and defending to me are more important than diplomacy. Tribes with good attacking and defending abilities do not need a lot of diplomacy.

GiraffeNuke - Do you think that your tribe will win this world? And if so, how difficult do you think it will be?

Rednecks - Tbh I did not come to this world to win it. I joined this world because I liked the settings and I knew a lot of experienced players would join this world. We will play this world until we are defeated or stop having fun.

Rednecks - I have a lot of respect for both DSL and Coming. As everyone knows faaaaaark is a good friend of mine and is a capable leader. DSL is proving themselves to be a challenging opponite and they have some great experienced players.

GiraffeNuke - If there was any one player, not currently in your tribe, that you could have playing for you from World 53, who would it be?

Rednecks - Without question I would have faaaaaark here, not only is he a good friend of mine he is one hell of a player. But there have been conflicts between him and others in my tribe and he is somewhat of a control freak.

GiraffeNuke - Which player from World 53 would you most like to see vanish from the world without a trace?

Rednecks - Lmao, Alpabonkers is going to love having his name mentioned here. ;) Honestly, I do not carry grudges and he does have an outstanding way of working with those around him. I do not wish for anyone to just “vanish”. This is just a game and nobody should take this to a personal level.

GiraffeNuke - What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done in Tribal Wars?

Rednecks - On w41 we were at war with Axes and I had fired a noble train at a war target. I had all the nukes and nobles times perfectly and all I had to do was time support to land right after the nobles nukes. Well needless to say I was watching football when it came time to send support so I accidently sent the support to land in the middle of the noble train. Fortunately I had sent 5 noble nukes so my 4th noble died but still cleared the village for the 5th noble to take it. The player I had attack must have lol’d his ass off. :D

GiraffeNuke - Do you have any moments in your Tribal Wars history that you are particularly proud of?

Rednecks - Yes, having the pleasure of playing with some of the greatest players in this game on w12, w41, and w51. I am proud of the fact we were the first tribe in the history of .NET to win a world I am even more proud of the friends I have made and people I have met playing this game.

GiraffeNuke - Who do you think is the best forum personality from World 53 and why?

Rednecks - I have not really been paying much attention to the w53 forums.

GiraffeNuke - Who do you think is the worst forum personality from World 53 and why?

Rednecks - See previous answer

GiraffeNuke - Are there any kind words, advice, banter, mothers favourite recipe etc. that you would like to share with the World 53 forum viewers?

Rednecks - Words of advice: All too often I have seen people take this game to a personal level where feelings get involved. Remember this is a game, nothing more so have fun.[/SPOIL]

5) Nooble - Addiction?
Time of interview (UK time): 06/01/2011 16:10

[SPOIL]GiraffeNuke - Thanks for taking the time to do this interview with me, if you could just state for the record your in-game name on World 53, your tribe, the position you hold there and if you don't mind the forum name you post under.

Addiction? - Deb, duke of Nooble,Dewdropdeb on forum, Addiction? ingame.

Addiction? - We just finished up a war with Symbol who were rank 7 when we started, they are effectively no more: 118:9 with 7 of the 9 recapped. We're involved in a few local skirmishes and there's a coalition of tribes plotting against us, so we'll be dealing with them as they come.

GiraffeNuke - Nicely done, the top dogs on a world often have to deal with coalitions, I think we will all be watching to see how well you perform there, best of luck with it.

Addiction? - Extremely pleased. We have an incredibly active and fun group and some great bonds have been formed. Usually activity starts dropping by now but we have yet to experience that, which makes for a strong active bunch that shouldn't be underestimated.

GiraffeNuke - Does your tribe have any long term strategy for the world that you would care to share?

Addiction? - We're taking each day as it comes at the moment. Having no diplomacy means the possibilities are endless. I always play my cards close to my chest though, so you won't be getting much more out of me. The conquers will speak for themselves.

GiraffeNuke - No worries, it was my most probing question, can't blame a guy for trying :p

Would you say that a good ability to attack, defend or handle diplomacy is the most important thing for a tribe?

Addiction? - I would say the ability to react is what defines a tribe. Whether that be outgoing or incoming attacks, changing diplomacy (gotta love the merges in W53) or general forum drama, the ability to read the situation and react quickly and keenly is whats going to keep a tribe in the game for the long run.

GiraffeNuke - GiraffeNuke/MonkyCMonkeyDo: Do you think that your tribe will win this world? And if so, how difficult do you think it will be?

Addiction? - I think it's too early to say really.

GiraffeNuke - That is fair enough,

Which other tribe do you most respect in this world?

Addiction? - DSL

GiraffeNuke - Are you just saying that because I am from DSL?

Addiction? - Are you? :D I had no idea

GiraffeNuke - Lol yeah, Good choice though!

Addiction? - sorry (blush) I stopped reading forums awhile ago, all the fark/allos bullshit puts me off

GiraffeNuke - If there was any one player, not currently in your tribe, that you could have playing for you from World 53, who would it be?

Addiction? - Pleasantly Agonized - coz I love both Steven and Alex <3

GiraffeNuke - Which player from World 53 would you most like to see vanish from the world without a trace?

Addiction? - (wasntme) SweetDeception (angel)

GiraffeNuke - lol, What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done in Tribal Wars?

Addiction? - hmm, Can I defer that one to my coplayer?

GiraffeNuke - Ah I see, the old 'My co-player did it' routine

Addiction? - Nah. Anyhoo, personally, it took me several weeks of playing before I actually figured out farming. Never occurred to me that you could get res :p But I am blondish, so that might explain it.

GiraffeNuke - Yeah I wish I knew what farming was on my first world, I thought it just involved upgrading your farm.

Addiction? - Beating Nauz to a stable on UK3. Albeit just for an hour.

GiraffeNuke - :D Who do you think is the best forum personality from World 53 and why?

Addiction? - Royalist. <33333 Coz he's witty, generally right on and a nice guy to boot.

GiraffeNuke - Who do you think is the worst forum personality from World 53 and why?

Addiction? - That's a tough one, so many choices. |-( Probably a tie between Allos and Fark for boring us all with their personal drama.

Addiction? - Yes, Kusty and I are getting married and going to have cyberbabies and you're all invited to the reception.

GiraffeNuke - Awwww, that is beautiful, congragulations!! As long as there is cake then I will be there.

Thanks again for your time, I am sure the public will enjoy reading your opinions on what we have discussed here.

Addiction? - No prob, have fun.[/SPOIL]

7) - Static - greenmonsta
Time of interview (UK time): 08/01/2011 18:59

[SPOIL]GiraffeNuke - Thanks for taking the time to do this interview with me, if you could just state for the record your in-game name on World 53, your tribe the position you hold there and if you don't mind the forum name you post under.

greenmonsta - Sorry, thats secret information....... I'm greenmonsta though, one of a few leaders of Static

GiraffeNuke - Lol, sometimes you can't be too careful with what information you give out, that gives us enough to work with though :)

Is your tribe currently involved in any major wars?

greenmonsta - I guess you could call it a major war; we are fighting Rogues at the moment.

GiraffeNuke - I think we can consider that pretty major!

greenmonsta - Well we have only been around a week, we have lost a fair amount of villages so far to rogues, but I think we did an amazing job against allos?'s pets - CoH

GiraffeNuke - Sometimes you have to kill the pet guard-dog before you can get to your real target.

greenmonsta - I have plans, I always do, but you can never tell whats going to happen next. Especially in this world where things can change drastically in an instant. The formation of Static was a prime example of that. Unfortunately, they are still plans I cannot share just yet. ;)

GiraffeNuke - I understand, I am sure the rest of the world will be eagerly watching to see them unfold in the future, you certainly gave us all quite a shock already with the formation of Static.

greenmonsta - I don't really think pure skill has much to do with overall success. When I lead a tribe, I look to have fun, to make sure my memebrs have lots of fun, and to make sure we leave a lasting impression. The ability to work together is more important than an individuals own ability, and if you're enjoying playing with your tribesmates, you put that much more effort into it.

Diplomacy is a large factor for successs as well though, picking the right time to move and the right tribe to be friendly with.

GiraffeNuke - I agree, I think diplomacy can be largely under-rated on this game.

Do you think that your tribe will win this world? And if so, how difficult do you think it will be?

greenmonsta - Well we certainly plan to try and win this world. We are largely made up of players who would rather fight against the odds, but this world is small and can be won in a shorter timeframe, so we will try. As for how difficult, again, can't really say. Too much is changing in this world to say just yet.

greenmonsta - Ah, now that would be telling ;)

GiraffeNuke - Lol, it certainly would be, I'm guessing I wont have much luck with my next few questions then :p

greenmonsta - There are a few players I would love to have with me. Wolfs Reign, spotted cow, and AreYouKidden of course ;) Unfortunately, location doesn't allow this :(

GiraffeNuke - Not yet anyway :)

greenmonsta - Allos? without question. He's just a generally annoying person, and player. I believe he finally attacked us with a few blindy sent nukes :D

GiraffeNuke - He attacked you? But you aren't in Rogues? Ooops, back to an un-biased inteview...

greenmonsta - (rofl) he's helping us noble rogues out at least.

Most embarassing thing? I don't really know :S perhaps sending about 200 nukes to 3 villages back in W4 before realising they were too stacked to noble :D

GiraffeNuke - Ouch that sounds painful!

greenmonsta - Aha, this is one everyone should know, back in W32 I helped take a tribe from the brink of destruction to become the most feared tribe in the world, without ever holding the #1 rank there. I know I talk about it too much, but I really enjoyed my time there and I'm extremely proud of it.

GiraffeNuke - I would be proud of that too, it is a great achievement.

Who do you think is the best forum personality from World 53 and why?

greenmonsta - I'd have to say Sweet Deception, he/she just knows how to annoy everyone

GiraffeNuke - Lol, I have to say it used to bug me when he posted on the right all the time!

greenmonsta - The people who don't post, purely because they don't post :D

GiraffeNuke - A very different answer, but i can't disagree with it in anyway, i just never looked at it like that before.

Are there any kind words, advice, banter, mothers favourite recipe etc. that you would like to share with the World 53 forum viewers?

greenmonsta - Yeah, I'd just like to say that greeny > bitey. :D

GiraffeNuke - Lol, well thanks again for your time, I am sure the public will enjoy reading your opinions on what we have discussed here.

greenmonsta - ^_^ I don't know if they will enjoy it, but hopefully they fear me (devil)[/SPOIL]

I hope you all enjoyed the interviews, and a massive thank-you to everyone who took the time to do an interview as I know you are all very busy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks Deb,

They were done over the past 2 days Chase.

DeletedUser

Wicked interviews, they make good reading, particularly enjoyed the rogues interview lol

EDIT: just a quickie, why is chase hated and why is astroboy hated?

bite.me

greenmonsta - Yeah, I'd just like to say that greeny > bitey. :D

Thats one of Greenies problems - he has too many typos, he never proof-reads. He got the "<" char wrong again. Bad Greenie, bad! :icon_twisted:

Nicely done, GM ;)

DeletedUser

Very nice interviews there, especially Greenmonstas :) He's my WubMuFFiN <3

DeletedUser19041

Bravo *clap clap*

Loved the interview! Especially the one with Allos

DeletedUser57199

Very nice interview Monkey :)
Just goes to show you how quickly this world is progressing. Especally the Coming and Nooble bits.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

OUTSTANDING DANK! You leave one thread without spitting my name out of your mouth and come here, this is for interviews from top players NOT YOURS. Keep my name out of your mouth and we can be much happier REALLY.