Top K Players Analysis

DeletedUser

Hey guys, lots of talk about top players, but what about the players who own their K? What about rim players? Rarely do we hear much discussion on these players so lets dive into it.

So we'll analyze the players based off of a couple of metrics, OD, point growth, positioning, noble targets and resources looted.

We'll use this map for reference:
topkplayers.png

And to keep things simple and unbiased we'll start from the top and go left to right.

One last note before we begin, this is actually quite time consuming so I've decided to do this in four segments (each row) over the next four days. Unless no one cares in which case I'll have myself several hours of pointless work. But if you like it, comment, offer your own opinions, be alive!!!

Part 1 (K30s)
-----------
First up:

imbacknotforlong K33
So if you look at their conquers they actually took their first village back on 15.01 and then sat on it for 13 days before conquering again and proceeding to go on a nobling spree picking up another 4 villages in 8ish days. Considering their positioning, it really isn't all that impressive fairly clustered and a ton of overlap for farming... Speaking of which

92 Imbacknotforlong
81062_thumb
Peaky. 1.247.853 yesterday

their resources farmed is actually pretty decent, especially when taken into account that players 10x their size are barely farming double that and the top players are only farming 4x or 5x that.

Overall: 6/10

Their position is really lackluster and will hamper further growth unless addressed in the next few conquers. Otherwise solid aggressive... average player that (as long as they don't quit soon haha) could rise eventually... But being in one of the corner rim Ks means they're the furthest behind the pack (in terms of join date), which is a problem when you aren't in a top tribe...

-----------
Next Up:

s07157 K34
So this player joined a good two and a half weeks sooner than our last player. First thing you see when you open their conquers is he had an early double self conquer. :icon_redface: Wonder who was trying to take that first vill? Hehe we may never know, their ODA is a little lack luster. Makes you wonder if they don't have some help from bashers considering all of their conquers were players.... In any case they definitely show they're willing to support their tribe.

14 s07157
80586_thumb
Regime 3.192.485 yesterday

They have exceptional farming, what is that, farming more than several players in the top 25? How embarrassing that must be for them. :icon_redface:

Overall: 8/10

Their positioning definitely makes for an interesting design on the map, but is a little too clustered for my tastes. Will want to see where this player will be in 2-3 weeks however.

-----------
Next Up:

TW Rosa Luxemburg K35

Now this player is simply confusing. Their first conquer is actually their duke h0llygh0st nobling them. Which one would think "oh so they got rimmed" yes but over the next 3 days they conquer 3 barbarian villages 1 each day. If that wasn't confusing enough, when h0lly conquered their first village the village was at 1375 points. But the minimum points needed to get an academy is 1490 just counting the HQ @ 20, Market @ 10, Smithy @ 20 and Academy nothing else.

So yah... Wrap your head around that one. Maybe they or h0lly would like to fill us mere mortals in on this???!

In any case moving onto their farming...

40 TW Rosa Luxemburg
79396_thumb
Apathy 1.821.374 02.02.2017

is actually quite lack luster for a top 10 player. But a quick glance at their ODA reveals why... This player is no point whore and definitely doesn't have the troops to spare for top notch farming, which works considering their phenomenal growth rate. Definitely not shy about brandishing their weapons. Though it would seem T.R.K. has decided to pick a fight with them.. Or maybe a very, very ballsy player lol... Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Overall: 10/10

Good player, obviously knows a trick or two. Normally I'd rate them down a bit because they obviously used quite a bit of PP/Noble Package boosting buuuuut their nobling trick has my curiosity piqued and thus I'm a forgiving critic. :icon_razz: :icon_wink:

-----------
Next Up:

Kriegselend K36

So the first thing I notice is that this player is, excluding TW Rosa (because its too hard to compare) the fastest growing player amongst this group. A month ago today they were a mere 702 points and their join date was 1st January. More than that though K33 dude took considerable time inbetween their first noble and the next, similarly K34 took a weekish break after their first 3 nobles (likely expending their noble train), whereas this player has taken no such break. A new village every day/couple of days. Considering their ODA I can only conclude that their primary nuke is largely intact and they're probably gearing up a second or third maybe? Really depends if their first few villages were offensive or defensive...

But moving on lets check their farming...

31 Kriegselend
79396_thumb
Apathy 2.145.323 yesterday

holy bejesus. Every single player in the top 50 is at least 2x their size if not significantly bigger and they're even ahead of our #1 player pointwhore. Jeez. :lol: In any case their positioning, judging from the map is okish honestly... Though they do have 9 villages and only 8 are shown... so unknown's text is covering up their other village... I guess their positioning is pretty good then, considerig they've only been on this world for a month and 7 days.

Overall: 9/10

Their growth and positioning is fairly impressive combined with their resources plundered I could see this player entering the top 25 players eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser120081

How much time do you spend making this topic?

Great to see an informative and fun topic instead of all the other whining topics

DeletedUser

Hey guys, sorry about the delay had a lot going on in life and what not. Without further ado:

Map for reference:
topkplayers.png

Part 2 (K40s):

-----------
First Up:

jesuswita50cal K43
So first thing... Their name is fricken hilarious and politics aside represents a certain demographic in a certain country. :lol: ;) That aside they are largely unremarkable... Slow growth for 2 months, lack luster farming (as seen below) and a decent ODA but nothing impressive.

401 jesuswita50cal
82966_thumb
Gods 383.836 yesterday

Their positioning sucks and I'm pretty sure if I bothered to look (I don't) that village SW of their cluster would be one of the internal they took.

Overall: 3/10

Unless Jesus saves them pretty sure they're gonna be food for the K44 leader.

-----------
Next Up:

*GranTorino K44
Speaking of which here they are. :lol: As stated before in another thread crap spread/positioning. Jokes GT, you forgive, yes? <3 In any case they have a great position in K44 and unless Tribal policy dictates otherwise I can see them moving west into K43 and continuing to dominate the leaderboards. Fun fact, if you check their ennoblements you'll see they actually sent Nero to the rim and named their village in Nero's honor. ;) Such a small world eh?

1 *GranTorino
79076_thumb
BeCool 6.225.974 yesterday

They have exceptional farming, definitely not letting up despite being in the top 10. I will mention that I like the way they spread themselves small isolated clusters its great for growth and great for protecting oneself (though being in the heart of BeCool territory I think the east side of their clusters is largely very very safe :icon_razz:).

Overall: 11/10
Definitely not over compensating their score for their miscall made earlier. :icon_redface: :lol:
Nothing to say, solid player, great ODA, great farming, great spread, and supports their tribemates. What more can you ask for?

-----------
Next Up:

Afraid of the Dark K45
First thing you notice this player's clusters are definitely not nearly as pocket sized as *GranTorino's, more of a sprawling cloud of villages rather than small pockets. Tactically it doesn't make too much of a difference since both players are well secured in their tribe's core (*some exceptions of course).

4 Afraid of the Dark
79396_thumb
Apathy 5.462.101 yesterday

Good farming to be expected of a top 10 player imo.

Overall: 9/10

Despite their rankings in points and farming I can't give them a higher score than this because their OD all around is quite... lack luster. To be fair OD is only a relative metric and to my knowledge Apathy hasn't been in any heavy OPs for awhile so this is largely a score this player can't affect, for now at least.

-----------
Next Up:

dl1977 K46
Over all this player has a decent position. They have a dense(ish) cluster and then branch out of that with another 8 or so villages that help spread their reach. You would think that maybe these villages were for farming but that definitely isn't the case considering their lack luster farming (considering their rank).

83 dl1977
79396_thumb
Apathy 1.529.261 27.01.2017

However despite their lack luster farming and meh OD they did partake quite a bit in their tribes OP against -PHX- (at least I assume it was a coordinated effort considering PHXs rapid decline :icon_eek: )and commitment to the tribe is very important.

Overall: 8/10

All things weighed this player is definitely a team player and I expect them to continue their steadfast commitment to their tribe and I will weigh that higher than other metrics every time.

Last edited by a moderator:

*GranTorino

All is forgiven DW ; )

11/10, You're too kind!

Another lovely analysis. Keep them up : )