Top reasons for turning points in the war...

DeletedUser

So here I would like to have people list their top 5 reasons for the turning points in the war... after so many we will compile and make a concrete top 10 as voted by the entire world remaining membership.

in no particular order... my top 5 reasons for Cult/OTB/ROA/TUGA (CORT) victory/pending victory over D*D/ELITE/FF/Grignr (DEFG)

Politics - leadership on the CORT side of the war was better in the end with politics then the DEFG side
Mattaus - in the end the greatest manipulator of the game leaving it, caused the FF family to collapse
K46 - The speedy conquering of K46 was a significant factor in the collapse of FF in the east, and the slow movement of D*D to prevent this invasion led to CORT control in that kontinent, and a literal doorway to dividing the DEFG group, and allowing CORT to take DEFG lands when ELITE disbanded and many went barb...
Ferocious Women - CORT has the most ferocious women of the two sides...unquestioned
numbers - in the end the CORT alliance had the better numbers advantage and after mergers and mergers was left remaining with the most remaining active population

so there you have it, my top 5...so what are yours?

kreger

Simon Hawkins

1. Mattaus leaving the game, killed it for FF, he was the foundation of the tribe.

2. ROA joining sides with Cult.

3.Simon Hawkins leaving the game.

D*D's & FFs failure to move south. Cult able to grow too strong.

OT should have been killed off long before any of the others.

DeletedUser

1. Mattaus - The core leaders of FF were all held together through their ties with him, once he was gone, the stability of the tribes and interest of said players was lost to varying extents (most notably leading to the loss of RIP06, GirlDragon, Freestyler and Gunners whose losses led to further chained losses).

2. DEFG Supporting the South - As harsh as this sounds, I never supported the support of players deep within CORT territory (Though I still provided the support). With the number of free accounts up north it would have been a better investment of support and players to have accepted the accounts as lost and made it a single front fight. It would have been less stressful on the players and account sitters alike as well as freeing up masses of support.

3. Restructuring of FF - FF2 could have won the war on its own had it been left in peace as it was (I'm not bias :p). Instead they made regional tribes instead, appalling idea.

4. ELITE Disbanding - The north was pretty secure for DEFG, however ELITEs departure left masses of the north open to CORT with little that could really be done about it given the numbers involved and the fact what was left of ELITE didn't all remain with DEFG.

5. Boredom - Probably the greatest factor, the war has lasted far too long. War caps are not even kept track of any more, nobody cares enough to log them. The war still has a long way to go (unless a peace agreement is managed), a war with no end in sight is one many just can't be bothered with.

DeletedUser7126

5. Boredom - Probably the greatest factor, the war has lasted far too long. War caps are not even kept track of any more, nobody cares enough to log them. The war still has a long way to go (unless a peace agreement is managed), a war with no end in sight is one many just can't be bothered with.

Couldnt have said it better myself!!!

Along with some other small factors, the main reason is people are just moving on to other things or more recently opened worlds. A war this long is just plain boring. There is no politics, strategy or anything these days. Just log on, send support/attacks and log off.

In short, politics will have to change or more and more people will leave.

DeletedUser

Couldnt have said it better myself!!!

Along with some other small factors, the main reason is people are just moving on to other things or more recently opened worlds. A war this long is just plain boring. There is no politics, strategy or anything these days. Just log on, send support/attacks and log off.

In short, politics will have to change or more and more people will leave.

I'm willing to bet that more D*D members are affected by this than Cult members. While some of us will fall off, the majority of us are active and happily busy.

DeletedUser7126

As much as I would like to disagree with you numbers don't lie so I can't.

Having said that, I can only hope that we can change the direction a little. I do feel a bit of surge coming though...;

You and AP need to take some time off......lol

darkaniken2

Omg. It's hightower. Heya thar!

I'd have to agree mattaus leaving was probably the biggest turing point against DEFG. That, or ELITE disbanding.

DeletedUser

Meh! I think you all are giving Mattaus WAY too much credit. After he lied to me, I never gave him a second thought. Thanks to kreger - I never had to deal with him much thank God! :icon_razz:

My opinion is, if it weren't for the FF/Horde players in the south, this world would have been in endgame phase already. Shazman, Cogge, Bpell et al were my toughest and most favorite opponents. They not only fought bravely, but it was my understanding that they only supported themselves while sitting many other accounts in D*D during very hard times indeed. The rapid fall of K52/62/72 to CORT is bittersweet. More sweet than bitter though.

I wish Shazman would come to say farewell. I hope he is off on a good hunt. :icon_smile:

DeletedUser7126

That's not entirely true AP. There has always been several people supporting those guys over there. Don't really know why they would say otherwise but it's all a moot point right now anyway.

Simon Hawkins

Hightower!!!!!! The man!! Thoroughly enjoyed your company in the game bud, a great leader. I really should of joined ROA, loved you guys.

DeletedUser

two of my favorite people right there.... HT and SH :)

Glad to see you guys around!
you know the more i think of this the collapse of FF started really when simon got overwhelmed
the collapse of ELITE was due to boredom and overwhelm
the collapse of gringr....well... that was pure AWESOMENESS, largely due to nettlemen pushing the war button and not being prepared
the collapse of D*D... well its an ongoing thing, but no single event has outlined their destruction as with the other tribes, so kudos to D*D for holding it together....but in the end the CORT alliance will finalize the conclusion of the power that once was...bwhahhahah!!!
but on a serious note glad to see Hightower and Simon on the forums!!!

kreger

DeletedUser

Hightower!!!!!! The man!! Thoroughly enjoyed your company in the game bud, a great leader. I really should of joined ROA, loved you guys.

yes you should have!
I still can't believe you didn't, we treated you guys straight even when we were enemies :)

DeletedUser

the collapse of D*D... well its an ongoing thing, but no single event has outlined their destruction as with the other tribes, so kudos to D*D for holding it together....but in the end the CORT alliance will finalize the conclusion of the power that once was...bwhahhahah!!!

I wouldn't bet too much on that outcome Mr Kregz, as we know this war always has it's ups and downs for both sides. D*D may be on a down note for.. most of this year for several reasons, but now that I'm fully back, and a certain few others we'll give you guys a run for your money. If all else fails, we'll most definitely go out with a bang with what surprises I have in store :)

Side-note: Hey HT and Simon! Long time no see. Hope you both are doing good :)

Simon Hawkins

Hey GS, How are you bud, better send me a message if you have idle accounts that need some serious game tim for 2 weeks starting mid January, will have a spare fortnight. First side to sign me up, I'm a mercenary now, lol.

leesupport

As K62 goes, my name doesn't have Support in it for no reason.

DeletedUser

Hey Kreger, how's that victory for CORT coming these days? Kreger? KREGER??? Where'd you go!!!!!

DeletedUser

Two years? Come on, Pogues. You're a bigger loser than that.

OK, where the hell did that post go? I was sure it was in here.

DeletedUser

Are you STILL using the same deodorant? I thought by now you'd need to replace it.