Top tribes - Opinions

DeletedUser

our layout has nearly been the same for quite sometime we just have grown more is all.

Jakub1992

not the surrounding of those in k36. You can continue to try to say it has been, but we all know it hasn't ;)

DeletedUser

you should take a look at the animated map if that isnt enough of a give away of how our position in the map has been... lol

DeletedUser

Pfft there is no way to please you i see, you asked for a reminder and you got one, dont shoot the messenger :icon_razz:

AdamAjf

Your tribe is doing fine when it comes to nobling -- second place

1 CHIK3N 2,558,325 443
2 ~Glad~ 2,137,051 458 -->more villas, less points

However, the tendency to attract players from NAPed tribes seems a little weak to me. And also, I question the wisdom of players being attracted to a tag because the rank is higher. Seems to me players are better off in a war tribe with a lower rank than an Invitation tribe with a higher rank, and if players are lured to you because of that rank, it might be the wrong type -- i.e. the type that runs from war.

Looking at the layout of Angry! versus ~Glad~, I would put my money on Angry! -- that is, if they have any semblance of coordination, they should be able to squeeze hard in K36. And yes, the two tribes were allies, but that's no reasdon to neglect tribal layout.

What NAP's? =/

Sellsword

our layout has nearly been the same for quite sometime we just have grown more is all.

Erm, no. That's not true -- Click here

You used to be K46 and K36. Then, expansion was focused on K37 and K47 -- which adds bulk to the tribe, definitely, but if you look closely at a map of ~Glad~, there's a lot of space between individual members. That is good for solo expansion, but it's not so good in a war. Angry! is much more compact. No wonder they're having such a good time nobling Glad villas -- they're almost all within half a K of the enemy. Whereas some Glad members are almost 2 Ks removed.

The more I look at it, the more it's obvious. Glad will not win, Angry! will take a nice chunk in K36. And that's not because Angry! betrayed them -- it is because of the choices made by leadership. Valid at the time, now not such a hot idea.

DeletedUser53373

Erm, no. That's not true -- Click here

You used to be K46 and K36. Then, expansion was focused on K37 and K47 -- which adds bulk to the tribe, definitely, but if you look closely at a map of ~Glad~, there's a lot of space between individual members. That is good for solo expansion, but it's not so good in a war. Angry! is much more compact. No wonder they're having such a good time nobling Glad villas -- they're almost all within half a K of the enemy. Whereas some Glad members are almost 2 Ks removed.

The more I look at it, the more it's obvious. Glad will not win, Angry! will take a nice chunk in K36. And that's not because Angry! betrayed them -- it is because of the choices made by leadership. Valid at the time, now not such a hot idea.

Prepare to eat your words.... Love it when people over simplify things to fit in with - and validate their own blinkered viewpoints.

DeletedUser

Prepare to eat your words.... Love it when people over simplify things to fit in with - and validate their own blinkered viewpoints.

We will see then. Though Sellsword has made a very factual Percival of what seems to be happening... :icon_eek:

Sellsword

Oversimplify things? I don't think I made any oversimplified points -- it's just a matter of the progress of the tribal layouts of Angry! and ~Glad~. It's a simple analysis, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

I am going to take a wild guess here, and say you're a ~Glad~ member, suffering from the pompom syndrom. Correct? And if so, wear a short skirt the next time, so the rest of us have something to look at while ignoring your blabbermouth :icon_wink:

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score

I love it when people respond with ego rather than substance, too afraid to backup their own viewpoint.

Jakub1992

I love it when people respond with ego rather than substance, too afraid to backup their own viewpoint.

Mayhap he did. But his underlying point was true. I mean lets look at the facts, although we are far away from angry in some places, we are just as close in others. For them to do well they will need to get to all our villages anyway which is the same distance. So ti really isn't an issue.

You have to also factor in the fact that although, yes, we are further apart from each other. It also means that we've had chance to noble what we want and set up our clusters properly, plus working together has been that little bit more dificult and as a result we are good at it as a tribe.

You also have to count the odvious fact that angry! is warring two tribes, we don't need to be close, because punch! is. For angry! to do well in any meaningful way they have to survive atleast and I can some how see even if they get an early lead on us, they will eventually run out of troops and it will just be a case of mopping up.

I'm not a great fan of being too compact personally, not long term anyway, especially on a church world. I feel even if angry! were to win they would be crippled for the next war because they wouldn't have been able to grow quick enough to keep up with the late game stage, add in to that a few internal disputes ect... Maybe they aren't so well set out for long term, although I would have to concede that it's going well for them right now. At the same time, if we were to get inside their clusters we could bring about failure pretty quickly.

DeletedUser53373

Oversimplify things? I don't think I made any oversimplified points -- it's just a matter of the progress of the tribal layouts of Angry! and ~Glad~. It's a simple analysis, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

I am going to take a wild guess here, and say you're a ~Glad~ member, suffering from the pompom syndrom. Correct? And if so, wear a short skirt the next time, so the rest of us have something to look at while ignoring your blabbermouth :icon_wink:

You came to the conclusion that ~glad~ couldn't possibly win our war against ANGRY! because of how spread out we are..... (You even stated that the outcome of the war was a foregone conclusion based apon the tribal layout)

I said you were oversimlifying things because you left out too many other variables. Your only argument is that distance is the major deciding factor in a war.

And I'm sorry you don't like people disagreeing with you - perhaps you should limit your opinions to issues that pertain to your tribe.....

And I can see that you're one of those people who carry a soap box around with them...... Go commando next time, so the rest of us have something to laugh at while ignoring your blabbermouth :icon_wink:

Sellsword

And I can see that you're one of those people who carry a soap box around with them...... Go commando next time, so the rest of us have something to laugh at while ignoring your blabbermouth :icon_wink:

If everyone agreed with me all the time, it wouldn't be called a forum, it would be called Sellsword forum. And everyone would have to carry pompoms with my name on them, and post nothing but "Sellsword FTW!!1!". So I am happy you disagree with me. It would get boring, otherwise. Now, I'll start refuting your other points.

You came to the conclusion that ~glad~ couldn't possibly win our war against ANGRY! because of how spread out we are..... (You even stated that the outcome of the war was a foregone conclusion based apon the tribal layout)

Obviously, Angry! will still have to match Glad when it comes to quality. If they don't send trains, don't coordinate, cant keep morale up, then the advantage of the layout will not help them much. So you say I said it was a foregone conclusion based on layout -- if layout won wars, I'd make mine into the shape of a dollar sign and own w54.

DeletedUser53373

Obviously, Angry! will still have to match Glad when it comes to quality. If they don't send trains, don't coordinate, cant keep morale up, then the advantage of the layout will not help them much. So you say I said it was a foregone conclusion based on layout -- if layout won wars, I'd make mine into the shape of a dollar sign and own w54.

Backtrack much? That's exactly the point I was making....... It could also be argued that our layout will actually help us in this war. Player's 2 K's away from the front line have alot of support to spare:icon_wink:

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
Mayhap he did. But his underlying point was true. I mean lets look at the facts, although we are far away from angry in some places, we are just as close in others. For them to do well they will need to get to all our villages anyway which is the same distance. So ti really isn't an issue.

You have to also factor in the fact that although, yes, we are further apart from each other. It also means that we've had chance to noble what we want and set up our clusters properly, plus working together has been that little bit more dificult and as a result we are good at it as a tribe.

You also have to count the odvious fact that angry! is warring two tribes, we don't need to be close, because punch! is. For angry! to do well in any meaningful way they have to survive atleast and I can some how see even if they get an early lead on us, they will eventually run out of troops and it will just be a case of mopping up.

I'm not a great fan of being too compact personally, not long term anyway, especially on a church world. I feel even if angry! were to win they would be crippled for the next war because they wouldn't have been able to grow quick enough to keep up with the late game stage, add in to that a few internal disputes ect... Maybe they aren't so well set out for long term, although I would have to concede that it's going well for them right now. At the same time, if we were to get inside their clusters we could bring about failure pretty quickly.

Awww its Jakubb :) Not sure how any of this related to me matey, just replying with a bit of sarcasm. If your wish to challenge the neutral bystander that is Sellsword in his arguments the please address him, though to be honest, not sure I would if I were you :icon_wink:

DeletedUser12504

If everyone agreed with me all the time, it wouldn't be called a forum, it would be called Sellsword forum. And everyone would have to carry pompoms with my name on them, and post nothing but "Sellsword FTW!!1!". So I am happy you disagree with me. It would get boring, otherwise. Now, I'll start refuting your other points.

i do love my pompoms...

Sellsword FTW!!1!

Sellsword

Backtrack much? That's exactly the point I was making....... It could also be argued that our layout will actually help us in this war. Player's 2 K's away from the front line have alot of support to spare:icon_wink:

Your point was so insanely obvious anyone would have seen it. Layout alone doesn't win wars, pressing support/attack at the right time with the right troops does. If Angry! stopped logging in, they'd lose. But I respect the average forum reader enough not to post that in a message -- maybe you should come to respect them a little more, too.

Jakub1992

Awww its Jakubb :) Not sure how any of this related to me matey, just replying with a bit of sarcasm. If your wish to challenge the neutral bystander that is Sellsword in his arguments the please address him, though to be honest, not sure I would if I were you :icon_wink:

twas just messing around tbh, wasn't directed at anyone although your post seemed a good enough jumping off point :p

You know how we all love a good argument :)