Topic Discussion

DeletedUser

I thought it might be interesting to hear everyone's views on not just one specific thing, but on a range of topics, to try and hear from some more of our W43ians, and perhaps try and get the 43 "community" active again. And it's not like there is much else "cluttering" up the forums.

85637954.jpg

(I realize there is already a thread about this in the general section of the forums, but i don't see why we can't discuss it here amongst ourselves.)

We are starting to see this ourselves, on World 43. There is a general sense of apathy in the world. No war, nothing interesting happening, dead forums, etc. There are many reasons of course, like every older world, (does it seem strange to you that 43 is starting to become an "older world"? Feels like it just started yesterday...) and like every older world will suffer activity problems. However, it does seem as if 43 has been hit quite hard by it, considering we are only a year old. When you look at the worlds open for, 3-4 years, and still have some people, even if not much at all, and compare it to world 43, it's hard to even imagine world 43 having any activity at all, or even being open.
Of course it may be because it looks as if FRST has won it, or Nuts!, and that it will simply be one of those two, that are causing the inactivity, but, i don't think so. I think the cause lies deeper than that, and with the game itself. World 43 is almost impossible to join and succeed in from this point. You might get lucky on the rim, but in all honesty, you will most likely get nobled almost immediately, particularly if you are a new player.
It's all well and good to say "there are newer worlds for new players" and etc etc, but, what about us older worlds? They bring out new worlds pretty much every month, how could we ever draw in new players when there are already 9 worlds after ours? It's not right that our world should already be essentially closed, because in reality it is. People mass new worlds, quit immediately, and then it dies, next world gets filled up. Surely the solution to this is not bringing out *more* worlds, but say, giving increased starts on older worlds? You start at 10-30K on the rim, for example. We would see an influx of people to those worlds, and it would give them some much needed life.

As it stands, just look at our decrease in players:

70264017.jpg

This saddens me, that our once full of life world, is almost completely dead. You all will remember they days of the FRST/KKnD spam wars, the AAA/BD arguments, BORED! hating/loving, even earlier back when we all laughed at CFC, drooled/hated over Pills, and all the other earlier excitement and tribes.

I for one would like to see, perhaps for a week or two, players allowed to join at a decently increased start, even 2-3K at least. I think we would see alot of people joining, we would get more life, and some new rim tribes, forum spam, and new players.

I want to hear some opinions on this idea, i think it's worth pushing for something along these lines.

32600042.jpg

This is another issue that i wanted to bring up for discussion. It's all well and good to joke about being addicted to tribal wars, all the crazy things you do to play, play on your phone, blow off parties to send that nuke, etc, but... This is a serious problem. I honestly believe that tribal wars is medically addictive. And as such, tribal wars should have a "duty of care", a responsibility to make sure people don't screw up their lives because of it.
It might seem funny to you if you are a passer by of this game, but for those of you who have played for years, you will understand what i am talking about here. I believe that tribal wars should have more settings, options and etc to cater for playing this game on a limited time-frame.
Of course you can co-play, get sitters, and everything, but you do have to put in the time yourself to play this game, and even though you thoroughly enjoy it, you just don't have the time. Think about your own accounts on World 43, you have spent a year on them, and what if you had a family member pass away, or lost the internet or house, or something along those lines. Is it fair that both your time AND money, should be wasted because of an unavoidable event, if tribal wars could have done something about it?
I believe we need more options, such as being able to freeze your account if your not under attack, a more widely used sleep mode, even go so far as to pause your account when you go off-line? Of course it would change the game completely, and there would be many things needed to be figured out for it to work, but surely there is something that can be done to prevent even more people fron ruining their lives, over something that they really don't have control over, once you get to this level of addiction.

Perhaps we need tribal wars rehab clinics?

Post your own topics of discussion, solutions, problems, ideas, etc. Let's open up the minds of World 43, and see what we can brainstorm, you never know, we might change the way tribal wars is played forever?

DeletedUser90880

Nice effort to hype things up Harb. Good idea by the way. Yes, the inactivity is a huge problem, and you bring up many horrifying but true facts (with epic pictures :icon_smile:). I also think that there are too many worlds too, that is why nobody joins this one, even though the speed is good.

It's all well and good to say "there are newer worlds for new players" and etc etc, but, what about us older worlds? They bring out new worlds pretty much every month, how could we ever draw in new players when there are already 9 worlds after ours? It's not right that our world should already be essentially closed, because in reality it is. People mass new worlds, quit immediately, and then it dies, next world gets filled up. Surely the solution to this is not bringing out *more* worlds, but say, giving increased starts on older worlds? You start at 10-30K on the rim, for example. We would see an influx of people to those worlds, and it would give them some much needed life.

I think your ideas about putting your account on pause if you need to is good, but lets say if you are about to be rimmed, and then you suddenly pause your account, nobody can attack you. So I think people might misuse that idea and then take advantage of it.

I for one would like to see, perhaps for a week or two, players allowed to join at a decently increased start, even 2-3K at least. I think we would see alot of people joining, we would get more life, and some new rim tribes, forum spam, and new players.

I believe that tribal wars should have more settings, options and etc to cater for playing this game on a limited time-frame.
Think about your own accounts on World 43, you have spent a year on them, and what if you had a family member pass away, or lost the internet or house, or something along those lines. Is it fair that both your time AND money, should be wasted because of an unavoidable event, if tribal wars could have done something about it?
I believe we need more options, such as being able to freeze your account if your not under attack, a more widely used sleep mode, even go so far as to pause your account when you go off-line? Of course it would change the game completely, and there would be many things needed to be figured out for it to work, but surely there is something that can be done to prevent even more people fron ruining their lives, over something that they really don't have control over, once you get to this level of addiction.

Good ideas to think about indeed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Nice effort to hype things up Harb. Good idea by the way. Yes, the inactivity is a huge problem, and you bring up many horrifying but true facts (with epic pictures :icon_smile:). I also think that there are too many worlds too, that is why nobody joins this one, even though the speed is good.

I think your ideas about putting your account on pause if you need to is good, but lets say if you are about to be rimmed, and then you suddenly pause your account, nobody can attack you. So I think people might misuse that idea and then take advantage of it.

Well this is where i thought about if your not under attack, for example if you haven't had an attack in the last 24-48 hours or something. And if someone has used it to "dodge" incomings somehow, that it can be a bannable offense? Put it in the rules it is only for when you are not already under attack, and can only be used if you have no incomings?. I'm not entirely sure how it could work, but im sure there would be a way.

Kind of like the interaction between account sits, automatically if you have had an attack in the last 1-2 days, or you have incomings, you can't pause it, it won't let you, or something?

DeletedUser90880

Thanks for justifying that. Then it becomes a brilliant idea. This might make it more appealing for people to join.

DeletedUser

One thing the Portugal Server has is a night time bonus.

This Night Time Bonus is a time of the game where all attacks go to only 50% efficiency and this time is during the sleep times of the server location. This allows people to sleep safely knowing there account is not under HUGE threat from attacks being sent during this time.

One problem with this is that if, like this world, has many different players form different time zones then you are giving an unfair advantage to certain individuals who may be within the british time zone, which this server represents.

But there is an idea which could help the addiction problem and the inactivity problem..

DeletedUser90880

That is also a good idea, but the timezones are certainly a problem, maybe if we have to enter the timezone we are in when we make an account. Or the computer you use has to send the details about the timezone on it.

DeletedUser

I like aspects of harbs idea about time off but would like to see it limited to around 72 hours per 4 week period.

As for new players I would be happy to see them get 3, 3k villages at start up and 1 months protection with the proviso that should they noble another village during that time their protection ends.
This would to my mind address the biggest problem with most of the small tribes on this world in that the standard of a lot of the players is very poor. By trying to encourage a band of 8 or so players to join a world it maybe that decent players would manage to get a foothold on this world and have the skills to use the advantages of their smaller size to good effect. When taking the odd sits in our current rim tribes I find they have no conception of the morale factor and seem to think that all large players have loads of troops in every village. I also doubt too much if they know what it is like to find 500 packets for a noble and how much this in itself protects their 3k village but I reckon say some players coming out of w12 would know of this and how to make it costly for the larger tribes to take them out.

Also Harb if you are hinting that tw should be paying your clinic cost's...........:icon_smile:

DeletedUser

The night bonus would be good, but of course we do, as you pointed out, face the problem of multiple countries playing the one server. Wee jock's idea i like, of having a certain amount of time per 4 week period that you can use to pause, in case of an emergency in RL.

Maybe i am hinting they should pay my rehab costs......

32884317.gif

Gears of Tribal Wars. What are our gears? Some say it's new players, to keep the business moving, others say its the old players, who pay their prem and have paid for years, but, in reality, it's a mixture of both together.
The problems seem to be, that the balance is being upset dramatically. I remember when it used to be on a world or start-up, there was 1 "experienced", skilled player per 20 - 30 noobs around him or her, but now i actually see alot more experienced players, and alot less newer ones in an area.
What this actually means, is that it ends up being harder for the newer players to survive, even that it would be against other new players. Throw in a pre-made or two, and you can forget about their chances of surviving there. And once those players get farmed or rimmed, we likely won't see them again.
New players are the heart of this game, sure it's great to play against your old friends, or battle it out in back-time wars with other more experienced players, but it should be experienced players vs experienced players, not experienced players vs new players, but with their being less and less new players, as people grow in the game, it means that the new players from now it is getting even harder for.
I would love to see a tribal wars full of experienced, good players, don't get me wrong, but the problem is that if that happens, you can pretty much kiss any new players goodbye, it would be way too hard for them to join the game, and actually become a valued member of the community.
So the question is, how do we maintain the balance, between experienced and new players? Should *All* our future worlds be "newb" and "pro" worlds? How would you stop the pros going to the newb worlds to dominate, like in World 52, im sure the top rankers will all be experienced players, as usual, at least for the first stages of the world. How do you define a "pro" anyway, a top 20 player? A good back-timer, sniper, organizer, etc?
Which is really better, having tribal wars full of noobs fighting each other, or having tribal wars full of "pro's" who just prey on the small amount of new players, who just get smaller and smaller.
Every 2-bit player can send a 150ms train these days, or snipe a 150ms, thanks to these auto-gaps. I remember when trains had to be fine tuned to perfection, for that 150ms train, or risk getting banned. Then things were interesting, now every single train and snipe is 150ms. But still, the real new players don't know how to deal with those kinds of things, and they juts end up getting dominated by everyone, and becoming a farm.
Perhaps we need a proper tutorial for the start-up? About effective dodging, farming, the basics of backtiming, offensive or defensive starts, etc? Because the tutorial we have now teaches nothing "real" about the game.

Another thing i was pondering. Feel free to ponder with me. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I like the thread.

The solution I see is every one in the world just stop attacking rim players that have less then "x" points. Essentially a longer beginners protection. But this won't work as there is always some noob with 100k points that feels cool because he can dominate a 3k point noob on the rim. It would have to go in the rules somewhere. Food for thought.

DeletedUser

I like the thread.

The solution I see is every one in the world just stop attacking rim players that have less then "x" points. Essentially a longer beginners protection. But this won't work as there is always some noob with 100k points that feels cool because he can dominate a 3k point noob on the rim. It would have to go in the rules somewhere. Food for thought.

That's a good idea, perhaps if you activate a premium account at the start, you could get an extended BP to say... a week or 10 days or something, and a boosted start at 3-5K? This might encourage both new players and more premium players, and throw in some guides on scripts and etc.

Maybe a boosted morale coming out of BP? Like... when you are straight out of BP, you have a morale against any attacker larger than you, by a massive amount, like if a 100K player attacks a 3K, it starts at a 5-15% morale, points + time based? So if someone is hell bent on getting that village they can, but most players will think its not worth it, let them grow a bit, and they can grow to a decent size, and put up a good fight?

Morale is useful, but against a dozen nukes it doesn't matter, unless it's boosted up more for smaller players.

DeletedUser

Suggestion: What about an inscreen chat window where you can talk to other player in your tribe, maybe even select individuals?

DeletedUser

Suggestion: What about an inscreen chat window where you can talk to other player in your tribe, maybe even select individuals?

That's a good idea, but it would take much more browser usage and etc to maintain i think, i've always found with games that have massive chats running throughout them, if you dont have a ubur internet connection it tends to cause some problems, slows things etc. But, maybe a simplistic one, just a chat and nothing fancy would work. I'd like to see one, it would both enhance the game for new players, as i think the chats are about 70% of the enjoyment in the game, and make tribe opping and co-ordination easier, making for a much more "tribal" wars.

DeletedUser

Really, what it all comes down to is how much time you're willing to devote to the game.

Much like other online games, the ability to have a moderate amount of game knowledge and 1 or two other people to help keep an eye on your account 24/7 is the key.

How many of us had a co-player in startup? How many of us still have one?

One benefit that the rules allow for is someone passing along their account to another interested party. That does bring a little in terms of a 'spark', which can be a huge bonus to morale.

DeletedUser

Maybe the game makers can come up with a tiered world system where all new players to TW are designated say wolrds 1 - 10. These worlds will only allow 1 - 2 weeks of inactivity before the account is removed.

After a certain milestone is reached like having to noble a certain number of player owned villages or reaching a minimum point value can that player then move up to the next tier world 11 - 20. At the higher levels the length of allowable inactivity is raised to 4 weeks before that account is removed.

Doing this will ensure that only those players who really enjoy the game and are here for the long term will move on up to play against other experienced players.

I agree completely that as each world ages there should be a certain handicap given to the newest players in order for them to get a foothold instead of being instantly rimmed and quitting.

As for making the external forums more active, well that is each individual person's preference and should remain that way. If they want to post a comment then they will, if not well then they don't. I am against any in-game reward system that rewards players for their number of posts on the externals and should not affect any players game account in any way.

DeletedUser

This world is only 1 year old and its getting pretty boring already,the differense in world activity is huge.
If i compare w51 and w53 i must say that its way more activfe in w51.

But the problem is eighter the lack of activity or interest in the game,or simply no topics to discus about.

Its always more active in times of war.

Harbinger that is one hell of a speach thumbs up:)

DeletedUser

That's a good idea, perhaps if you activate a premium account at the start, you could get an extended BP to say... a week or 10 days or something, and a boosted start at 3-5K? This might encourage both new players and more premium players, and throw in some guides on scripts and etc.

Maybe a boosted morale coming out of BP? Like... when you are straight out of BP, you have a morale against any attacker larger than you, by a massive amount, like if a 100K player attacks a 3K, it starts at a 5-15% morale, points + time based? So if someone is hell bent on getting that village they can, but most players will think its not worth it, let them grow a bit, and they can grow to a decent size, and put up a good fight?

Morale is useful, but against a dozen nukes it doesn't matter, unless it's boosted up more for smaller players.

I dont like this idea.
Mainly because i dont use premium account,and it would be unfair to those like me who dont use it.

And idk about u guys but i like tw the best at the begining when you start and build your village.
It would be stupid if u start with a good built village with 3-5k points.

Wheres the fun in that...

~TDP~ for LIFE

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

They can input some game event but with some RP style,

like some dragon destroying random village every one hour and u need like 500 nukes to kill him but trick is only last nuke hit will get prise, and prise is bcs u get dragon blood your units are next 7 days 100 percent stronger in attack and defense.

Basicly, this means some program who will randomly pick villages in w43 and destroy them and tribe need 500 nukes damage to shut it down but trick is who will hit him last? If big enemy player deliver final shoot enemy tribe will get huge advantage next 7 days... our your tribe. Maybe last hit deliver some random nooby rim player by luck.

About w43 activity i strongly believe we are close to end. When FRST NUTS war comes to end game is over. I am little tired of this game i just want to get killed or to win. I wont quit. I am stubborn. But i wont to end this.

DeletedUser

I have to be careful here and say that I agree with Prime but only his last paragraph. (players can only speculate as to what he was on with the first one) :icon_biggrin:

Woozzis idea for chat sounds like a good one and would save toggling back and forth on skype.

I hope someone from tw staff is noting some of these ideas and if they are a bit of feedback on the practicalities of some of them (not Primes Dragon :lol:) would be nice to see.

DeletedUser

I dont like this idea.
Mainly because i dont use premium account,and it would be unfair to those like me who dont use it.

And idk about u guys but i like tw the best at the begining when you start and build your village.
It would be stupid if u start with a good built village with 3-5k points.

Wheres the fun in that...

~TDP~ for FILE

Well TW needs to make money and premium already offers a huge advantage over non premium, I wouldn't be against the idea of a year into a world people get the chance to join with say 5 vills and a 2 week beginner protection. It could lived up the world if a group of people decide to join on the rim and get chance to make a difference.

Anyone joining now has pretty much no chance of of doing anything but a premium only advanced start could tempt some good players to try making a premade rim tribe late in the world to liven things up a little...

DeletedUser

I have to be careful here and say that I agree with Prime but only his last paragraph. (players can only speculate as to what he was on with the first one) :icon_biggrin:

Woozzis idea for chat sounds like a good one and would save toggling back and forth on skype.

I hope someone from tw staff is noting some of these ideas and if they are a bit of feedback on the practicalities of some of them (not Primes Dragon :lol:) would be nice to see.

I liked primes magic dragon, maybe we can call him "puff"? :icon_razz:

Well TW needs to make money and premium already offers a huge advantage over non premium, I wouldn't be against the idea of a year into a world people get the chance to join with say 5 vills and a 2 week beginner protection. It could lived up the world if a group of people decide to join on the rim and get chance to make a difference.

Anyone joining now has pretty much no chance of of doing anything but a premium only advanced start could tempt some good players to try making a premade rim tribe late in the world to liven things up a little...

Also players with premium are far more likely to stay on a world after joining. We have like... 500 accounts on the world under 300 points. It wouldn't only apply to premium users, non-premium users would get a boost too (say 2K start-up), but premium users would get some added enhancements (say 4-5K start up), they way current premium users have them.

Or just get puff to wreak havoc on everyone, destroy everyone (except me) back to 26 points, and we start again? :icon_eek:

/me waits for angry mob of W43ians to start rampaging inno games, except they never show cause they can't be bothered, and decide they will war inno games "later". Inno games closes W43, and we all evaporate into the air, become a drop of moisture, and just vanish. :icon_eek: (drinking again).