Failed Vote Tracking Lost Res

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Have you ever wondered why you have less nobles after a minting session even though you used res packs and buffs? After checking your math you know that for some reason, you do not have as many nobles as you were thinking you would get. Finally you realize that your merchants were dumping the res right outside of your village after being told that there was not more room in the warehouse. Well if this ever happended to you, you probably wonder how much res was actually dumped outside of your vill. I would like to propose a tracker of lost res in the statistics page. This could be res from spiked wh, canceled troops, canceled building queue, etc. This would not change much about the gameplay but would be nice to know how well you are doing. I was thinking it would simply collect the data and reporduce it in the statistics page. Something like the following image.

Attachments

• Example.png
    Example.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 28

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
I voted for No on this suggestion.

I don't see the point of this chart showing the resources lost. The idea when you mint is that you need to be there so you can mint all the time. If you are online while the resources are coming the chance that resources are lost is minimal, not 0, but minimal so tolerable.

Don't see what's the point on knowing how many resources are lost, it's not something you brag about, it's not something helps you. If you are online, this does not even happen as a case so this is why I voted for No.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score

I don't see the point of this chart showing the resources lost. The idea when you mint is that you need to be there so you can mint all the time. If you are online while the resources are coming the chance that resources are lost is minimal, not 0, but minimal so tolerable.

Don't see what's the point on knowing how many resources are lost, it's not something you brag about, it's not something helps you. If you are online, this does not even happen as a case so this is why I voted for No.
since when is more data, bad data? :')

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
I see new features like what are they gonna change in the way the game is played and I fail to see how this stat is changing much if not anything, other then being more cautious ... which you should already be when minting for example. So I fail to see what this new statistic adds on the gameplay or how it changes the gameplay, however that's just me.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I see new features like what are they gonna change in the way the game is played and I fail to see how this stat is changing much if not anything, other then being more cautious ... which you should already be when minting for example. So I fail to see what this new statistic adds on the gameplay or how it changes the gameplay, however that's just me.
I'd argue it's a great way to follow up what happens on the account. If one of the co's or sitters are wasting res for example

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score

I mean it can be stuff like Warehouses overflowing only because of production, sometimes you get villages that doesnt use much of one res and result in overflow because the village is being boosted through resbal script and just doing building. Its a good way to increase the visual of how you handle resources and discover if something isnt doing as it should.

All suggestions doesnt have to be new features, it can also be a QoL suggestion, which is what i see this as. For someone that is newer to the game, its a perfect way to realise some stuff isnt working correctly and needs changing.

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
I voted no because this would take valuable time from the developers implementing impactful changes

lol

Reaction score
I voted no because this would take valuable time from the developers implementing impactful changes

I hardly doubt that it would take up too much time to program this. There res is already tracked in game with buildings and sending res. I understand that it is not a "GAMECHANGING" feature. But it would be nice to know how efficient you actually are.

A counter question is, was knowing how much res I traded really necessary? I mean there is better things to program than knowing that the trades I confirmed or made actually happended lol

Donkey Sex Show

blocked
Reaction score
I waste a lot of res when minting. It would be nice to know if I need to kill myself for wasting over 10mil resources

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
I waste a lot of res when minting. It would be nice to know if I need to kill myself for wasting over 10mil resources

This is exactly why this feature shouldnt be implemented.

If you start minting and you are not there to do that ... So you are not cautious you will lose resources. We all have done it.

We just need to pay more attention next time instead of blaming ourselves, or the coplayer. It is a game after all.

Is it a good stat to have? Well the usual norm is more stats or data equals better decision making. However will it change a lot in the way the game is played? No.

Will it start blaming wars into accounts? Yes.
Is that good? No, it is a game.

We all know how to take the proper actions ingame, like how to do proper farming, how to do proper minting, etc ... Are we able to play on same good standard all the time? No, unless we have no real life and no preoccupation ... or unless we are machines.

No because real life keeps us busy for example with work, well it has happened for me at least and we forget to send farming runs every x mins for example or to mint coins ... So resources are lost.

Only thing IMO that will change if this is implemented is the start of the blame wars.

Having said all of that. I see this change as a minor change which does not help the player much and I see a lot of the other suggestions as much better suggestions with real potential to improve the playing experience. Between these 2 ... Normally i would vote yes for the suggestion that can improve the play experience, for real.

Tribalwars

Reaction score
This will most likely not take any impactful dev time away from the development of the game anyways and more data is always fun, so I'll vote yes. :)
There's no reason not to have it.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
having a statistic that only shows the total of lost resources wont tell you where/when the inefficiency occurs - only that you had lost resources
which is guaranteed if your shifting/receiving resources to a single village while using res pack

doubt the statistic would offer any benefits to the game overall

Donkey Sex Show

blocked
Reaction score
This is exactly why this feature shouldnt be implemented.

If you start minting and you are not there to do that ... So you are not cautious you will lose resources. We all have done it.

We just need to pay more attention next time instead of blaming ourselves, or the coplayer. It is a game after all.

Is it a good stat to have? Well the usual norm is more stats or data equals better decision making. However will it change a lot in the way the game is played? No.

We all know how to take the proper actions ingame, like how to do proper farming, how to do proper minting, etc ... Are we able to play on same good standard all the time? No, unless we have no real life and no preoccupation ... or unless we are machines.

No because real life keeps us busy for example with work, well it has happened for me at least and we forget to send farming runs every x mins for example or to mint coins ... So resources are lost.

Only thing IMO that will change if this is implemented is the start of the blame wars.

Having said all of that. I see this change as a minor change which does not help the player much and I see a lot of the other suggestions as much better suggestions with real potential to improve the playing experience. Between these 2 ... Normally i would vote yes for the suggestion that can improve the play experience, for real.
Write some more, maybe I'll read it next time.

dukefan7777777

Reaction score
Tribe mints, Player X fails to adequately not waste resources multiple times ... no longer allowed in tribe mints. I fail to see how this is NOT a helpful or useful statistic for both individuals and tribe leaders.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score

but coplayer isnt supported so is it relevant to think like that?
and if we think like that, having stats for farming etc can be applied in exactly the same way... if a Coplayer isnt doing its job to keep em going or tracking killed troops showing your CO isnt doing shit in the war when you are away a few days...

Do i get what you mean, yes, do i agree, not really.

And i dont get really what you mean with the last part, would you have voted yes on this if you didnt see other suggestion being more important to be fixed?
For me that isnt really how you should think when it comes to suggestions...
Do you see the suggestion being good for the game and possible increasing QoL? then vote yes
Is it stupid and have no use at all and will just make things worse/won't work? vote no
(very simplified ofc)

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Voted no as I don't see any value or purpose and dislike the idea of clogging up accounts with even more graphs to interpret (especially when this one has no real value from my perspective).

Misteralb has summarised why it isn't particularly useful very clearly :)

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Do you see the suggestion being good for the game and possible increasing QoL?
I see this changing nothing on the game level. Personal opinion. Could I be wrong? For sure ... but that's why we have a voting system in place.

Is it stupid and have no use at all and will just make things worse/won't work?
It's not stupid, definitely not a stupid idea. Again my opinion is that would/could make personal relationship between players on same account tense. Now this does not mean support coplaying, this means supporting human feelings. Nobody wants to do bad or to be bad. Everyone wants to win, everyone wants to be there and farm and do the best but all of us have real life. Personally I can't count the many times I have been so focused at work that I had forgotten to mint. I don't know what would have changed for me on my gameplay knowing the amount of resources I lost.

Simply put and I think I have stated this enough times now ... I don't think this changes much on game level. It's not a new feature, it is a QoL improvement, still I fail to see the improvement it brings. Personal opinion ... not necessarily important if you agree with this or not because we are entitled to have personal opinions.

Do i get what you mean, yes, do i agree, not really.
Totally okay with that.

Donkey Sex Show

blocked
Reaction score
Do you see the suggestion being good for the game and possible increasing QoL?
I see this changing nothing on the game level. Personal opinion. Could I be wrong? For sure ... but that's why we have a voting system in place.

Is it stupid and have no use at all and will just make things worse/won't work?
It's not stupid, definitely not a stupid idea. Again my opinion is that would/could make personal relationship between players on same account tense. Now this does not mean support coplaying, this means supporting human feelings. Nobody wants to do bad or to be bad. Everyone wants to win, everyone wants to be there and farm and do the best but all of us have real life. Personally I can't count the many times I have been so focused at work that I had forgotten to mint. I don't know what would have changed for me on my gameplay knowing the amount of resources I lost.

Simply put and I think I have stated this enough times now ... I don't think this changes much on game level. It's not a new feature, it is a QoL improvement, still I fail to see the improvement it brings. Personal opinion ... not necessarily important if you agree with this or not because we are entitled to have personal opinions.

Totally okay with that.
Sorry, I still didn't read. Why don't you waste more of your life fighting over a pointless topic.

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, I still didn't read. Why don't you waste more of your life fighting over a pointless topic.

If you didnt read its better you didnt talk. Thats how usually that goes.

To answer your question. I have made it a mission for me to always explain whenever I vote No, why I voted for no. The person who suggested the idea deserves to know if his suggestion gets turned down, why. Im not saying that Im the decisive factor, Im just a player with his opinion, just that. But IMO everyone who votes no to a poll, has to explain why. Just to know why, to understand their point of view, it does not matter if we agree at the end. But each of us entitled to have an opinion (wrong or bad thats subjective), not always our opinions are going to converge which is nothing bad in that.