trailers

dees

good luck. :)

I just put together a start to the basic models I will be releasing... It's a model of the level 1 town center with basic textures. I plan to create all the incarnations of the town center and then all the highest incarnations of the buildings. Of course, as I said before, these will be basic graphics, good for general use (unlike the super-detailed ones they use in-game).
That's a pretty good looking model. I still seem to struggle with the basic drawing process and all the different hold-key-combinations to get what I want. Currently my results give me incredible random abstract Picasso like things but they're far from a sort of decent looking building lol
I will focus on my trailer itself first, rather than using my free time modeling as I don't wanna risk getting out of time (my trial version expires soon) but this sketch-up thing really is an interesting software packet which I will probably use intensively in the future ..

Good luck with the other buildings and a nice start so far :)

facstudios

good luck. :)

I just put together a start to the basic models I will be releasing... It's a model of the level 1 town center with basic textures. I plan to create all the incarnations of the town center and then all the highest incarnations of the buildings. Of course, as I said before, these will be basic graphics, good for general use (unlike the super-detailed ones they use in-game).

Looks great! Was that done with Google SketchUp?

cdogg666

Might take me until March to learn sketch up :)

I am curious if you are importing jpeg files and tracing them, or doing it all freehand? I am attempting to recreate a lower level wooden wall. It is proving to be tricky, for me.

samulis

Might take me until March to learn sketch up :)

I am curious if you are importing jpeg files and tracing them, or doing it all freehand? I am attempting to recreate a lower level wooden wall. It is proving to be tricky, for me.
I'm doing it all freehand but glancing over at the large image in the trailer files (the massive image of the city that is close to 12 MB or whatever). I already have a wall segment similar to the palisade pattern in game, and I bet I could make a lower-poly version of that.

fappe

Samulis, did you hear back from Innogames regarding the official 3d models?

samulis

Samulis, did you hear back from Innogames regarding the official 3d models?
Sadly not yet... I still am hopeful I will hear something, as they probably are discussing it extensively. I am working on some basic models today; I'll have the first set out next week.

fappe

all right, thank you. That's highly appreciated! Will you make the models available in skp formats so they can be directly edited in google sketchup or will you export them? I was thinking about photo realistically render them afterwards if you had planned on giving the models out just as they were. When I'm done I wouldn't mind uploading the pr-rendered versions somewhere (with your permission) if I managed to get them to look good enough. It would be rendered on a basic level though.

Keep up the great work.

samulis

all right, thank you. That's highly appreciated! Will you make the models available in skp formats so they can be directly edited in google sketchup or will you export them? I was thinking about photo realistically render them afterwards if you had planned on giving the models out just as they were. When I'm done I wouldn't mind uploading the pr-rendered versions somewhere (with your permission) if I managed to get them to look good enough. It would be rendered on a basic level though.

Keep up the great work.
I'll be putting up the basic ones in the .skp (version 8) format. What you do with them from there is your call. If people need them converted, I'll convert 'em. I can do pretty much everything, though it may not be pretty.

A humble player

I won't necessarily be posting a trailer, but if anyone wants some little pieces (say, a picture of a 70K player and the rank 2 player is 78 points), or a sequence of 20 images where a player moves up in the rankings, to that you can use them I have both.

Leonova

For those wanting more of an idea Clicky Here, there are some decent entries and one I am very fond of.

I would like to make a Trailer myself, but limited time, no video editing software, and no clue in what to base it off of = fail XD

Good luck to those whom enter... look forward to watching all of your trailers :) (I'm way too curious XP)

Last edited by a moderator:

facstudios

Can you make an OBJ?

I'll be putting up the basic ones in the .skp (version 8) format. What you do with them from there is your call. If people need them converted, I'll convert 'em. I can do pretty much everything, though it may not be pretty.
can you make an OBJ file of the models?

Thanks

FacS

facstudios

sorry to be bothering

Hi. Sorry to be bothering samulis, but I am trying to know which tools I have available so I can start to have some ideas. can you make OBJ files of the buildings?
and btw, when are you going to provide it?

thanks in advance

FacS

fappe

Hi. Sorry to be bothering samulis, but I am trying to know which tools I have available so I can start to have some ideas. can you make OBJ files of the buildings?
and btw, when are you going to provide it?

thanks in advance

FacS
I believe he uses the free version of SU which means he can only export them in COLLADA (.dae) files and google earth/3d warehouse (.kmz) files, although by the sound of him it seemed as if he could export them into any format so I am not sure. However, I am quite certain there are several, free plugins for google sketchup which can export the files into several different formats (for instance .obj) so I am pretty sure you can get the files to .obj ones one way or another.

EDIT: http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=33448 - Google sketchup OBJ exporter plugin

Last edited by a moderator: