Transformers II

DeletedUser

i think i made the old faithful pop when i saw meagan fox naked. :lol:

DeletedUser

I'm going to be honest. I thought it was just ok.
I am from the old school film theory where sometimes less is more.

I prefer movies that have... oh what's that called, PLOT! That's it. However, just the right amount of plot. Not too much, and not too little. I'm not saying that Transformers II did not have a decent story behind it, but I felt the first one was so much better than the second.

In the first one they took time to develop a story line and make you really feel it. In this one, they just kind of threw a bunch of new characters, tossed in an arse load of special effects, tons of explosions, and then peppered a few heart felt moments to keep the chicks watching it. There was no real character development. We didn't get a taste for the new autobots, except for the two "Gangsta-bots." Finally the constant action just made me start to think, "Sure that was kind of cool, but did it really add anything?"

The final straw that pushed this from a great movie down to just a good movie was the sequence when Sam meets the fallen's brothers, then Megan says she loves him.
"Sam, I love you."
"Oh hey! Good to see you again!"
Hmm... I can't seem to recall at least 10 other movies that have used that same concept. Plus the ending kind of pissed me off. "Here, let me kill myself so you can add me to your hardware collection."

In a nutshell, it feels like they sold out. They tried to pack it with so many different styles so it would appear to the entire mass market. As someone who loved the transformers (even though he was not a child when they first became popular), this just feels like they went away from what the Transformers was truely meant to be. Kind of disappointed given all the hype.

DeletedUser

My friend actually fell asleep in the middle of the movie :lol:
But merlin is right. There wasn't a real story. But the all the action was insane

DeletedUser

The first two movies have a ton of smooshed together elements from the original cartoon series and the comic books.

The plots/story in both movies is super thin, a little campy, and really fast.
Then you have fantastic special effects, lots of action, and a pretty woman slobbered on top to keep the easily amused away from thinking too much.

I think the brain trust is trying to fit too much into the smallest package possible.

If the first two movies were spaced out in a trilogy, I think the story would be much better, a lot deeper, and more entertaining.

People get distracted by the special effects and all the little boys get sucked into the Megan Fox hype and then start proclaiming the movie the best ever. :icon_neutral:

Devastator was pretty cool.

DeletedUser

personally, i love movies with awesome special effects, and I don't mind the plot issues tooo much

DeletedUser

I have not seen the movie but was more disappointed that Linkin Park did the main soundtrack theme.

I like the song but really?

DeletedUser

Optimus was Drattits and Fallen one was Cabana.

EPIC!

Pingu was that little robocop. :axemen:

slayer123121

Drats u are Mad if u think Megan fox isn't Hawt? o_O I know ur insane m8 but dam Lay off the weed it's affecting your eyesight.

DeletedUser

I hate Megan Fox...why was I short-changed in life :icon_sad:

She's not special, so unless you have one bulging eye and a very hairy back, she's nothing to be jealous of.

Also, the movie really really forces the suspension of belief to the snapping point.

I won't elaborate until more people have seen the movie so I don't spoil the fun but the ending action was a pile of poo.

DeletedUser

I don't get how people don't get the plot or think its thin. I understood everything going on in the movie throughout.

Nate-C

The film was brilliant. The plot wasn't too thin, all the effects were great, top notch action scenes & well-timed jokes.

I can't wait for the third (if there is one :p)

DeletedUser

plot sucked ass. took 2.5 hours to build up the action scene. honestly.. i dont know if i want to see it again for a while.

DeletedUser

it was decent, not too good. The only thing that good in that movie was only megan fox.

DeletedUser

2.5hours for the action scene? the entire thing was action!

and megan fox isn't that hot btw

Llama Crazy

Also, the movie really really forces the suspension of belief to the snapping point.

I won't elaborate until more people have seen the movie so I don't spoil the fun but the ending action was a pile of poo.

the only bit i didnt like about the ending was when sam dies and he sees those dudes or that almmost ruined it for me i thought it was tacky and has been done in to many movies

Wilky1992

the only bit i didnt like about the ending was when sam dies and he sees those dudes or that almmost ruined it for me i thought it was tacky and has been done in to many movies

Well done for basically ruining the ending for anyone who hasn't saw it...

DeletedUser55253

If your a old school transformer cartoon fan then this movie has ruined your childhood.. I absolutely dreaded the 2nd movie, the first movie was epic but the second was so flawed in so many ways..I don't want to ruin the movie so i won't say more..But there were just moments in the movie that made no sense, i went and saw it in the imax and i have to say for a micheal bay movie wtf >< this movie had the biggest explosion ever recorded and most expensive one, and it wasn't even that spectucular :(