Tribal alliances

DeletedUser

Greetings. I'm here to get your opinions on this subject. Yes, many tribes are making alliances, but have you guys noticed that there are many tribes who are joining a coalition? There are giant alliances being made that consist of between 3 to probably 10 tribes. What do you guys think about that? I think it will have a significant impact of how this world turns out. They could be small tribes, but put 10 of them together and they are a force to be reckoned with. They could, in theory, be really coordinated (depending on their experience) and they could actually take on the bigger tribes of the world.. And win if they are strong and experienced enough.

DeletedUser100349

yes, they can make an impact. Especially when they get those nasty catapults. However, their coordination will be extremely bad, probably a lot lower than commowealth's coordinatiomn. And no, 90% of the players will be pretty new to the game. The communication won't work and there will be internal conflicts, etc. Will work to take down 1-2 targets, but after that it will fail.

DeletedUser

All it takes is a handful of decent/good players amongsts or at the head of a coalation of tribes for them to make a huge impact on the world and any big tribes near them. Look at the commom wealth of 69. A mass of 300+ players had huge impact on the tribes around them. Mass tribes have large effect and shouldnt be under estimated early on in a world. Learnt this the hard way;)

DeletedUser100349

Yes, but the difference is that there was a lot more coordination and communication in CW, than in other 5-10 tribe coalitions. The CW members did from start build their stuff exactly so that they would be able to assist the better players and just rushed a lot of troops. So the individual value of the average player in CW was a lot higher than the individual value of the average player in almost all tribe coalitions. The CW members were also devoted to their tribe, but if 10 normal weak tribes join ranks, it won't be the same. Finding spies will be a lot easier, and people won't always do as they are told, etc. It is simply hard to compare CW with what OP said.

DeletedUser99405

Odds are that these huge collections of tribes will not last and will create wars between themselves. I personally have not seen more then 3-4 tribes work well together, at a certain point its almost impossible.

DeletedUser

Well what about on world 30? I was apart of the United Tribal Alliance. We had about 5 tribes in it. One of them was in the top 10 of the world and we waged war on many big tribes. We had two shared forums. One for the leaders of the UTA and the other was for the tribes to talk. We did pretty well and fought for a year and a half until our big ally finally fell.

Mostly what I'm saying is that there are a ton of experienced players playing this game. Most of the big tribal alliances I've talked to had some very very experienced players leading the whole thing. Normally I don't believe in something like that working, but if you have people running it that know how to play, and in this case I think that is true, I think these groups will do some serious damage

DeletedUser

We tried this before :D

Put 5 smaller tribes together as an "alliance", versus one tribe which was equal to the size of us 5...
Still got blown away...

There is no safety in numbers...
There is only safety in villages and nukes. :lol:

DeletedUser

I haven't heard of any alliances between tribes, but I'm sure if they play their cards right then they should have a good chance in this world. However I personally prefer just having a smaller alliance, maybe between just 2 tribes or maybe just a tribe on it's own.

DeletedUser111865

Sorry, I think im hilarious.

But I'm cool so what the hell.

DeletedUser99311

Sounds to me like the Leaders are Smart!

(Creating 10,000 friends... and when they quit... and each 10,000 noob has 3 villages).. that's 30,000 "FREE.. gifted Villages... that the leader gets to noble without having to actually attack someone! Woot.. for Genius!

Smokn

I think anyone can be overwhelmed by numbers nomatter howmuch experience they have. It doesn't take much to coordinate, all you have to do is land at "X" server time, or close to it to be effective. Aswell, mass fake attacks by themselves can have a great impact - forcing the player to stay online to time the attacks to make sure they aren't noble speeds, and hault support to players receiving the real attacks. Nobody likes to have to dodge a "Ram" speed attack for fear it could be a group of Cats. A small group of experienced players could easily lose to a large group of "noobs" aslong as they have some idea of what they're doing, as it takes quite awhile to replenish troop quantities.

I know when I had thousands of incoming attacks daily it wore down my will to play, just because I had to always be online. Once that war was over I gave away all my villages, n I still had plenty of nukes/trains left in reserve, aswell as still being the K leader. As an experienced player you most likely grow faster than most, making yourself a prime target for fakes and nukes as you would be a threat needing to be dealt with. It's not hard talking abunch of smaller tribes into teaming up on a strong player/tribe as you would be a bigger threat to them aswell.