Tribal Tribune Chaper XI

DeletedUser120589

Fine then. If you must criticize my grammar I shall try harder in pleasing you. Perhaps sir would like his T's crossed or his I's dotted?

RichiRoo

I think there's a lot of doubt of that.

Superguy only had over 213 rams in one of his attacks, and it wasn't the attack that landed first. You simply don't attack potentially stacked/well-defended villages with less than 213 rams. Ever. It's a mathematical fact that anyone who understands how rams works knows.

Additionally, you don't play that offense-heavy if you want to handle adversity of any kind.

Superguy at least farms well, but his village management and troop management are lacking.

H E R C U L E S on the other is complete trash as a player. Max res farmed in a day is under 40k. Premium expenditure + getting stacked by tribe does not equate to any semblance of skill.

Thing is, neither I or superguy123 goes around telling people we are great players, players all arpund the world send us msgs, telling us we are great players.

TW shaming at its finest i guess, check your facts, am a real shitty farmer, but that under 40k thing aint accurate.

Yes i had below 40k a while ago, why? Am lazy, i payed for recources instead of farming them, now when i put a little more effort into it, it went up quite a bit (not as high as i wanted it but higher).

Cheers mate

Herc

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Thing is, neither I or superguy123 goes around telling people we are great players, players all arpund the world send us msgs, telling us we are great players.

TW shaming at its finest i guess, check your facts, am a real shitty farmer, but that under 40k thing aint accurate.

Yes i had below 40k a while ago, why? Am lazy, i payed for recources instead of farming them, now when i put a little more effort into it, it went up quite a bit (not as high as i wanted it but higher).

Cheers mate

Herc

Under 40k is the highest you had in a single day when I posted. It's 130k now. Time. It's a thing that advances. Something that was true when I posted is not necessarily true when the post is read by someone at a later date.

Players telling you you're a great player doesn't mean much, other than that they lack standards. You're not a great player.

I'm sure there are lots of players worse than you - that's not enough to be great. I've been rank 1 on over 30 worlds, I don't consider semi-competency to be the same as greatness and I'm not lowering the bar to come across as a nice guy who has something complimentary to say about every player.

The title of being great isn't something we should hand out as a participation prize to everyone so that it loses all meaning.

But hey, what do I know, maybe I don't know shit and you are great, and everyone in your tribe thinks so too.

In which case they should probably all stop mailing me and asking for an invite and just be happy in Dawn. I can't figure out why that's not happening though, can you?

Last edited:

Williamthefirst

Bro thats no joke...

He's steamrollin this sh*t
Under 40k is the highest you had in a single day when I posted. It's 130k now. Time. It's a thing that advances. Something that was true when I posted is not necessarily true when the post is read by someone at a later date.

Players telling you you're a great player doesn't mean much, other than that they lack standards. You're not a great player.

I'm sure there are lots of players worse than you - that's not enough to be great. I've been rank 1 on over 30 worlds, I don't consider semi-competency to be the same as greatness and I'm not lowering the bar to come across as a nice guy who has something complimentary to say about every player.

The title of being great isn't something we should hand out as a participation prize to everyone so that it loses all meaning.

But hey, what do I know, maybe I don't know shit and you are great, and everyone in your tribe thinks so too.

In which case they should probably all stop mailing me and asking for an invite and just be happy in Dawn. I can't figure out why that's not happening though, can you?

Did you still take these beggers? even though they show such weakness and fear to come to you o_O

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Did you still take these beggers? even though they show such weakness and fear to come to you o_O

Realizing your tribe is bad and wishing to join a superior one isn't weakness or fear. It's self-awareness.

Unfortunately for them, being a bad player however is a pretty good reason not to recruit someone. Especially when said player isn't acknowledging that they're bad and trying to actively improve.

I'd rather recruit someone new that asks questions and wants to get better at the game than some wannabe-elite that thinks they're way better than they are.

Williamthefirst

how do you judge who is worthy or overly boastful? how would i recognise a wannabe-elite from an elitist-wannabe?

DeletedUser117086

how do you judge who is worthy or overly boastful? how would i recognise a wannabe-elite from an elitist-wannabe?
My guess would be that you can judge by looking at their actual skill, and compare to perceived skill.

Williamthefirst

everyone who plays this game massively overstates themselves

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

How do you judge any source of information? How do you differentiate between peer-reviewed scientific articles from those posted by a soccer mom?

It's really not that difficult to verify the authenticity of a source of information.

As for wannabe-elitist and elitist-wannabe, nice loaded-question. You can infact be elitist, without being a wannabe. Elitism in itself is not a bad quality,as it often promotes self-improvement and striving for perfection.

DeletedUser118447

Elitism in itself is not a bad quality,as it often promotes self-improvement and striving for perfection.

More like a recipe for disaster.
These types of people in my opinion will never be happy or content, they'll always be on the hunt for more power or knowledge or whatever it is they think they desire. With a mind set like that you will never achieve self-actualisation which is what life is all about.

DeletedUser117086

Haim pulling out maslow's hierarchical of needs in tw forums XD

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
No one achieves self-actualization. That's not only true for perfectionists, perfectionists get much closer to reaching their potential than people who decide good is good enough ever will.

Being happy with what you've achieved is not the same as reaching your maximum potential.

Williamthefirst

I recently had a guy, no doubt an elite, offer me a place in his tribe, if i *ahem* 'worked for him'...:mad:

is this an elitist strategic ploy?

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I recently had a guy, no doubt an elite

In his eyes maybe. I wouldn't likely label more than, eh, maybe 3-4 players on this world with such a term.

Lets put it this way, if someone thinks they're "elite", I consider that to mean that there should be absolutely no one that is head and shoulders better than them. It's a term I'd use to describe the absolute top-echelon of players. Only player in the top 20 right now that I've seen prove themselves of this level of capability is Mezonis. I'm not in Screw, but Mezonis absolutely wins my unbiased vote for best player on this world.

is this an elitist strategic ploy?

Greed and selfishness have nothing to do with a deep understanding of the game or its mechanics. Afraid the two aren't even remotely related.

DeletedUser

In his eyes maybe. I wouldn't likely label more than, eh, maybe 3-4 players on this world with such a term.

Lets put it this way, if someone thinks they're "elite", I consider that to mean that there should be absolutely no one that is head and shoulders better than them. It's a term I'd use to describe the absolute top-echelon of players. Only player in the top 20 right now that I've seen prove themselves of this level of capability is Mezonis. I'm not in Screw, but Mezonis absolutely wins my unbiased vote for best player on this world.

Greed and selfishness have nothing to do with a deep understanding of the game or its mechanics. Afraid the two aren't even remotely related.

Considering that this game largely has a similar level at the top asides from a very few prodigies due to the nature of the skill curve of the game, surely there would be a large number of players who would be "elite" by this definition. I can only assume Mezonis is not one of those prodigies from my brief period fighting him, he is very good but I have fought better.

Last edited by a moderator:

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Considering that this game largely has a similar level at the top asides from a very few prodigies due to the nature of the skill curve of the game, surely there would be a large number of players who would be "elite" by this definition. I can only assume Mezonis is not one of those prodigies from my brief period fighting him, he is very good but I have fought better.

I think there are a large number of such players. Not a large % of the overall playerbase, and not necessarily a large # of them on any given wold - but I'm talking hundreds of such players over the history of .net.