Tribal Wars, A Dying Game?

haha212

Reaction score
This game is dead because of it becoming pay-to-win. Lets be real here.

Shame on the devs

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
This game is dead because of it becoming pay-to-win. Lets be real here.

Shame on the devs

perhaps the devs should actually give their game a go (dont go looking but dont think ive seen one above 26pts)
and see first hand what players have been saying for a while now

haha212

Reaction score
Because devs are supposed to play under the name you know them under? Or.. ? Please clarify how you detect a player account to be (non-)developer?
I believe what he is saying is that the game developers haven't tried playing this game they created without pp, or at all. Im not sure if you're a developer or just a forum mod, but try playing this game with no premium points. Its lame. Because if they did, they would see why so many people are complaining and quitting because of pp.

haha212

Reaction score
TW has been "dying" since long before the premium features were introduced, I think some of ya'll have causality backwards. The premium features are an attempt to squeeze blood from a stone.

Not like the numbers that left since pp was introduced. There is no doubt the the premium exchange single handily killed this game faster than anything. The deveopers and staff repeatedly turned a blind eye to a massive amount of people complaining about the premium points. Developers remained greedy or just plain ignorant and dumb. Now the game is dead.

Reaction score
Not like the numbers that left since pp was introduced. There is no doubt the the premium exchange single handily killed this game faster than anything. The deveopers and staff repeatedly turned a blind eye to a massive amount of people complaining about the premium points. Developers remained greedy or just plain ignorant and dumb. Now the game is dead.

People who complain stick around. The numbers you need to actually worry about are the ones you can't see (or don't pay attention to): world size (and revenue from premium across all sources). This thread was made in 2010. No hauls was introduced in ~2012, to bring some freshness into the game (based on player feedback!). The game was already losing players quickly then. Premium features took another 2-3 years to come into being.

haha212

Reaction score
People who complain stick around. The numbers you need to actually worry about are the ones you can't see (or don't pay attention to): world size (and revenue from premium across all sources). This thread was made in 2010. No hauls was introduced in ~2012, to bring some freshness into the game (based on player feedback!). The game was already losing players quickly then. Premium features took another 2-3 years to come into being.

You are misinformed, data does not lie.

haha212

Reaction score
You are wrong about them sticking around, for every person that complains about this on the forums. There are probably a thousand who quit because of it.

Look at player 'MeaningLess' on world 113. He has 4k points on the rim and is still under beginner's protection. People around him haven't even had to chance to reach 500 points! LAME. You think any new players will want to play with that garbage?

Most people that have been in the world since the start have less than half of those points!

Reaction score
You are misinformed, data does not lie.

Yes, that's why I referred to actual timelines.

You are wrong about them sticking around, for every person that complains about this on the forums. There are probably a thousand who quit because of it.

Look at player 'MeaningLess' on world 113. He has 4k points on the rim and is still under beginner's protection. People around him haven't even had to chance to reach 500 points! LAME. You think any new players will want to play with that garbage?

Most people that have been in the world since the start have less than half of those points!

I think new players probably don't pay attention to that.

haha212

Reaction score
This is a village on 113. It has 4000 points under beginner's protection. He will now noble someone who is actually trying to play before he can even be attacked. You're going to tell me that's fair? Quit supporting a broken and abused system. The player is ranked top 100 and has only been on the world for 3 days!

Optimized-TW.jpg

Reaction score
I never said anything about fair. I said things about causality. People leaving the game (in droves) started well before the premium features.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Because devs are supposed to play under the name you know them under? Or.. ? Please clarify how you detect a player account to be (non-)developer?

opinion was based of an assumption (mostly) and a few things such as:
theres 10k players/accounts ingame (roughly) yet only 1k accounts on externals (10% coverage)
majority of external mod accounts ingame dont seem to grow past 26pts (dont know if mods are just mods or also devs)
the "ideas for improvement" and the "think tank" threads on externals (seems like a dev would be able to accomplish most of that if they played 2-3 worlds)
that there seems to be no moderation ingame at all (usually a player has to bring things to the attention of the support team for anything to happen)
and lastly the alignment of external accounts with ingame accounts recently - yet the feature still exists to change usernames for 500pp (so it will need to happen again at some stage)

the only thing that makes me personally think that devs could be playing TW is the frequency and timing of events

so all though i cant prove it one way or another, i highly suspect that they dont

as a side note would like to see a world where devs/mods verse everyone else (even if the mods/devs had their own barbarian hordes to use)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not playing. I just logged into the forum to see if quarantining people had actually caused a bump in activity.
Same, since I can't imagine trying to log into skype now. Seems the answer is no. I'm really sad that no one competent ever got to lead a tribe with the new tribe features :/

All this talk of premium got me intrigued and I joined 113 though. It's not particularly oppressive, there's someone in my area clearly using premium, and I expect I'll outgrow them soon, all while being net positive on premium points. It's really silly.

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Honestly, if I end up actually quarantined I would probably start logging in again as well, though I am unsure what the results of that will be(I might get killed by the wife though).

valtheran88

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
en100.png

Above is w100

en55.png

Above is w55 after it ended.

en24.png

Above is the first world I started on w24. I really did not think it was all that bad until I was looking up a map for myself to test some scripts out to see what of my tools still worked or needed repair. One was to bring this information up for me regarding players/tribes. I was seriously hit with a small wave of sadness over the fact I have been screaming to the wind over the years about how it is not dying, the map kind of speaks for itself.

Attachments

• en55.png
    en55.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 17

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
If people want to play non PP worlds, the Brazil/Polish/German servers still have non PP world. With the population in the brazil server being quite good.

Hmu if you want to join one of the next worlds

Kichiyaki

Reaction score
If people want to play non PP worlds, the Brazil/Polish/German servers still have non PP world. With the population in the brazil server being quite good.

Hmu if you want to join one of the next worlds
Polish non PP worlds are also in good condition. There're still many players.

If anyone wants to try playing on PL servers, I can help.