Tribal Wars Map - a tool to help you speed up your gameplay

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
I'm interested to know more about the growth monitor. Wouldn't a better indicator of 'growth' be how many points the village has gained in a period of time, and therefore the rate of growth, rather than how long since it last increased in points like you have now?
The current way is an accurate way to see if a player is active/inactive. Once you finish building your preferred village buildings, the village will stop to grow unless someone catapults it down and you have to rebuild it.
A player that doesn't grow is usually considered inactive, so it should be an accurate way to see how "active" a player is.
I'm pretty bad at making up names, maybe "growth monitor" isn't the best name for the feature but it is the most accurate one, as it "monitors" a player's "growth". I could've called it "activity indicator" or something but that's not what it really does, growth and activity are related but not fully equal.

Last edited:

Chompman

One thing I noticed is on W13 it doesn't show the bonus villages extra stats like 10% more population.

Dannnnnn

The current way is an accurate way to see if a player is active/inactive. Once you finish building your preferred village buildings, the village will stop to grow unless someone catapults it down and you have to rebuild it.
A player that doesn't grow is usually considered inactive, so it should be an accurate way to see how "active" a player is.
I'm pretty bad at making up names, maybe "growth monitor" isn't the best name for the feature but it is the most accurate one, as it "monitors" a players' "growth". I could've called it "activity indicator" or something but that's not what it really does, growth and activity are related but not fully equal.
Ohh... I didn't notice that all villages of the same player are the same colour, and therefore it is a players activity that it is showing. When I first saw it I thought it displayed the activity of a specific village; I understand now.

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
Tomcenc... you are a genius.

This is amazing! I wish I could create something like this... :p
Thanks for the compliment (and not only you, the others who have complimented are thanked too, can't thank all of you in a separate post of course).

It's actually pretty easy to code something like this (though it takes a lot of time to create it), under the hood TW Stats is probably much more complicated than this (mainly because it involves more mathematics).
It involves some knowledge of Javascript, PHP (which you can easily understand if you already know Javascript and vice versa) and basic knowledge of mysql. HTML and CSS too of course, you can't create a website without. Both very easy human readable coding languages.

Last edited:

LivesLost22

i love it..i justconfirmed like 4 possible targets for nobling..thanks alot:icon_biggrin:

waldo06

wow.. the ONLY thing that I think this could really use, would be a way to zoom in, zoom out. I note that you can decrease the size of the villages, then you can increase the number horizontally and diagnolly, but thats a whole bunch of steps, that I would like to see sorted into one + or - (unless I am missing it)

Other than that, this tool ROCKS!! I absoloutely adore the "lets see who is inactive" dealy on it. (gets ready to plan some massive assaults)

ALSO!! this character doesn't work »HF« (for that tribe on w4)... which is sorta a bummer

Last edited by a moderator:

LivesLost22

if you could add a feature like the in-game map to just slide it sideways that would help too.

Chompman

if you could add a feature like the in-game map to just slide it sideways that would help too.
I asked that earlier. :icon_biggrin:

That is really a nice feature in the game but I can see how that could become a resource hog kinda.

I guess this is more my laziness than anything, but a button next to your Main Village at the top that centers onto it would be nice. I know I can easily type in my coords... but sometimes you just wanna use the mouse XD and sometimes when I'm clicking around with the minimap I can wander really far, hehe.

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
1: I would like to see sorted into one + or -
2: ALSO!! this character doesn't work »HF« (for that tribe on w4)... which is sorta a bummer
1: I'll add it to my to-do list

2: Fixed, it's because the website uses ISO encoding and Tribal wars UTF-8, it now automatically checks if you entered the correct type of encoding and converts the encoding if necessary.

Sari

great tool :D .. stright to fav.

real good :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

crazy

yes its very good all of my suggetsions have already been sugested so i will use it and wait for the updates.

cam sadge

Non-stop Poster
i know all the worlds do the growth thing every hour but i think that speed world should be done more often