Tribal Wars Map - a tool to help you speed up your gameplay

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
i know all the worlds do the growth thing every hour but i think that speed world should be done more often
It's against the rules to check server data more often than once an hour so I can't update more often and even if I could, currently it counts in hours and I'd have to change that to minutes.

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
A new simple feature has been added: You can hold CTRL (left or right, doesn't matter) and press the left, right, up or down arrow to move the map in that direction (same as clicking the arrows in the top left). Might be of use to some.

Angalo

A new simple feature has been added: You can hold CTRL (left or right, doesn't matter) and press the left, right, up or down arrow to move the map in that direction (same as clicking the arrows in the top left). Might be of use to some.
Thanks!

Angalo

Suggestion: You can change all setting etc. But I don't know what default is? maybe a button reset? or default settings?

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
Suggestion: You can change all setting etc. But I don't know what default is? maybe a button reset? or default settings?
Most settings are merely "on/off", which settings would you like to be able to be reverted to default? Map size and minimap size? I can add an (r) behind it to reset to default. You can also just use a different subdomain, for example go to http://qs10.tribalwarsmap.com/ and you'll be on world 10 but with a new unique configuration.

Last edited:

Azraal

Tribe colours, player colours, map size, minimap size, village size can all be restored to default.

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
My current to-do list (so people know what is being done already):
- Add ability to make notes for a village, player and tribe. 1 week - 3 months
- Create a tool that gives you a BBcode list of villages of a player/tribe (you can already show a list of BBcodes for a player's village inside the map by clicking one of his villages, selecting "BBcodes" and then "Player villages BBcodes".
- Add bonus villages if they are ever indicated in the World data (the developers have been contacted). 1 week - 1 month after they are added
- Add a way to zoom in and out of the map without having to manually change map size and icon size (this probably involves adding new icon sizes that are 1/3, 2/3, 3/3). 1 week - 2 months

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
Tribe colours, player colours, map size, minimap size, village size can all be restored to default.
You mean restore all settings back to the defaults as if you're visiting for the first time? That's not too hard, that would mean just removing the settings cookie and reloading the page but I fail to see the use of deleting all your settings compared to just changing the "account" you're using by changing the letter prefix.

mattyrobinson

One question. Are the 'send troops' and 'send resources' legal. I didn't think anything which went straight in game was allowed.

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
One question. Are the 'send troops' and 'send resources' legal. I didn't think anything which went straight in game was allowed.
I had a mail requesting the removal of these, I removed them and then later received another mail that they decided to allow it. So I re-added it. So I suppose they are legal or an exception on that rule. As long as it doesn't fill in troop numbers, which it doesn't.

SupporTM

Non-stop Poster
Great tool ! Really helps a lot .
One thing though, could you remove the minimap from the general map and put it next to it so it doesn't overlap ?

liambowler

Brilliant idea, must have taken an age to design and make.

One problem though, World 9 wont work:icon_cry:, all the others do. I click World 9 off the main page, doesnt work,all the others are fine. Great website though

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
could you remove the minimap from the general map and put it next to it so it doesn't overlap ?
It would take more of your screen space, that's why it's inside the map since it only takes as much space as it requires, you can resize the map to be wider so on overall you gain screen space by having it overlapped. You can hide the minimap by clicking "More" and selecting "Toggle minimap".

SupporTM

Non-stop Poster
It would take more of your screen space, that's why it's inside the map since it only takes as much space as it requires, you can resize the map to be wider so on overall you gain screen space by having it overlapped. You can hide the minimap by clicking "More" and selecting "Toggle minimap".
I like/need the minimap ,it's just that I don't like it overlapping with the main map ,it shadows 5 to 10 villages in the corner and in order to see them I have to enlarge the general map ( now that takes screen space! ) . It would be much better to have the minimap on the side or beneath th general map ( like in the game -in the right hand side )

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
it shadows 5 to 10 villages in the corner and in order to see them I have to enlarge the general map ( now that takes screen space! )
I don't see that taking screen space though:

Code:
|------|
|----MM|
|----MM|
Code:
|----|MM
|----|MM
|----|
The screen size stays the same, only in example one the minimap is in the map, overlapping 4 villages and in the second the map is outside the map, but this of course decreases the map's width and reduces the number of villages by 6. That's quite a difference.

Azraal

I like my map to take up the entire screen with the smallest possible village size so i can see EVERYTHING around me :icon_smile: Mini map at the side would make the screen far too small for my liking. Maybe you could have a toggle?

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
2: the smallest possible village size
1: Mini map at the side would make the screen far too small for my liking. Maybe you could have a toggle?
1: Yeah I was thinking about that too though I'd have to figure out the correct calculations again to know which coordinate on the minimap you clicked. I'll add it to my to-do list.

2: Is "Extra small" small enough for you? It's not to hard to add an even smaller one, would take less than an hour to add.

Last edited:

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
As requested by SupportTM about 6 hours ago I added the ability to position the minimap right outside the map instead of on the inside bottom-right of the map.

Last edited: