Tribal Wars Map - a tool to help you speed up your gameplay

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
World 9 wont work
That's odd, what was the problem? It seems to function correctly now and the logs only shows updating failed a few times (in several weeks) but the only problem it causes is that the data is not fully up-to date and all worlds' growth monitor will be delayed by 3 minutes.

whirly22

Tom, is it possible you could make a center K map option. Often people make maps based on certain Ks, so maybe there is an option where we get centered and zoomed into a specific continent, or 4 continents, or 16, etc...

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
Tom, is it possible you could make a center K map option. Often people make maps based on certain Ks, so maybe there is an option where we get centered and zoomed into a specific continent, or 4 continents, or 16, etc...
You mean for the world map? Isn't it better I add the ability to center and crop it on a certain coordinate then?

whirly22

You mean for the world map? Isn't it better I add the ability to center and crop it on a certain coordinate then?
Uhh...yeah.

Since all worlds operate on the same K basis(same Ks with same cords), this shouldn't be hard to implement. I hope by what you said you mean is that you will provide the coords for a given K and it will crop away the villages on bordering Ks.

Version 2.8

kudos :) Great tool mate Its a very good idea and Is a great experience
-------------------
I told some people on IRC

[22:05] <hocine> i love it
[22:06] <hocine> im never using the standard map again
[22:08] <Dr_Peace|Glomp> this is sooo bloody good

---------------------

[22:05] <Shadowice> omfg thats insane
[22:05] <Shadowice> i love this tool

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
kudos :) Great tool mate Its a very good idea and Is a great experience
Glad you like it and that you spread the word, the more visitors the better for my tiny advertisement incomes. Not only do you make others happy by spreading the word, it makes me happy too :).

Version 2.8

Its neat you can send troops straight from that map,
even cooler would be a way to sort auto-send a noble train to remove the chore of opening multiple browsers.

Not sure if its possible tho lol

servy

KYX is centered at X50 Y50. Not exactly complicated math there. Just adjust the village height and with to 100 each an voila, you have a map of a K.

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
KYX is centered at X50 Y50. Not exactly complicated math there. Just adjust the village height and with to 100 each an voila, you have a map of a K.
I think what he means, and he confirmed this, is the world map, which currently only shows the entire world should get the ability to only show parts of it, click "More" and then "World map" and you'll get a World map generated based on your highlighting configuration. I'll add a feature to it so that you, illogically, can crop the world map (which wouldn't be called a world map) to a certain width and height centered on a given coordinate.

SupporTM

Non-stop Poster
As requested by SupportTM about 6 hours ago I added the ability to position the minimap right outside the map instead of on the inside bottom-right of the map.
Much better ,great visibility of the surroundings :icon_wink:
All credit to you ,mate,keep doing the great job you do :icon_smile:

Unspoken eye

Umm... on the growth monitor, what does red yellow and fade yellow mean?

Azraal

Yeah, smaller villages would be cool :lol:

Not TOO small though. :icon_rolleyes:

Dark Chaos

It's bandwidth friendly with pages being bellow 50KB so people with a 56K Modem should still be able to load it at a decent speed.
Gotta be the most significant thing that makes me want to use it. That and the growth monitor.

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
Yeah, smaller villages would be cool. Not TOO small though.
I have no idea if this is too small, but I've added the icon-size minimal. It's 1/3 smaller than extra small. I had to reduce the font size of the coordinates on the left and top to 7px (from 11px) since it wouldn't fit in otherwise, so they are less readable as result of this. I don't know how large your screen is, but the maximum width and height is 80x60 villages (and I've just tested it and for me in Firefox 2 it starts lagging at this size). I can see it being useful for 800x600 screen resolution users though.

Last edited:

rufelza

Non-stop Poster
Great tool - already posted the link on the tribal forum.

A couple of suggestions:

When you bring up the village list for a player - have an option to centre the map on a village from the list. It helps when you're spread out on different continents. Dropping into TW is a great idea, but not very useful when you want to look at a village in a completely different area which is off the minimap.

Also, have the ability to toggle the tool bar position - top, bottom, LHS, RHS. Looking at my work set up, it would make sense to position the toobar on the right, not the top...