Tribal Wars Map - a tool to help you speed up your gameplay

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
1: When you bring up the village list for a player - have an option to centre the map on a village from the list. It helps when you're spread out on different continents.

2: Also, have the ability to toggle the tool bar position - top, bottom, LHS, RHS.
1: You mean the player villages bbcode list? It merely creates a list of a players' villages with a preview of how it will be displayed on a Tribal forum. If you want to manage your own villages, set one of your villages as main and it'll be selected on the right of the toolbar, click the name and it'll show a list of all your villages, click one of those to set them as main village. You can center on your main village by clicking the white icon in front of "Main: ". What I can do is add the icon in front of each village on that list so you don't have to set a village as main village to be able to center onto it. Maybe you'd like a new feature to be added, "Player villages" which pops-up a list of the players' villages which you can click to center the map on?

2: I could try to make it so that you have the option to position the toolbar in the top-left, top-right, bottom-right or bottom-left. I don't see how I can place it on the right though, it's not a vertical bar and is text, not icon, based.
It would require significant changes to enable such an option though, as most of the menus it opens are not placed dynamically. I don't think I'll be adding such a feature, I'm sorry. It'll require to much of a code rewrite to add.

Azraal

Is it just me or on minimal is there a slight repetition of the top of each village icon UNDER each village? See if it happens on yours, you willnotice it straight away if it does.

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
Is it just me or on minimal is there a slight repetition of the top of each village icon UNDER each village? See if it happens on yours, you willnotice it straight away if it does.
Hmm it doesn't do that for me on Windows Vista using Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 7, Opera 9, Safari 3.... typical I forgot to test Internet Explorer 6, which seems to have the error. I'll fix it immediately.

Azraal

Hmm it doesn't do that for me on Windows Vista using Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 7, Opera 9, Safari 3.... typical I forgot to test Internet Explorer 6, which seems to have the error. I'll fix it immediately.
:) thanky

Gabros

http://www.tribalwarsmap.com/ opens, but whenever I click any worlds, it will just say "Server not found". Windows Vista with Firefox 2, no firewalls / adblocks or stuff like that. Sounds like a great tool and I wonder why it's not working for me. :icon_rolleyes:

b00k

Same thing with me.

As a "map maker" I was very interested to see this. Hope you can fix this, so I can take a look at this ;)

Version 2.8

yes its not working for me now either , although yesterday it was,
again I 2 have firefox and windows Vista/

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
I'm sorry for the current downtime, the wildcard DNS entry for the subdomains was removed while changing a setting. I have opened a support ticket and it'll be fixed within a few hours.

Version 2.8

great,
I have one suggestion that I think would be simple but be very usefull

Instead of marking players all different colors is there a way for the user to make a group the same color and change the title of the group / color ?

ex : You have more than one farm would like to mark them all green ,and label it green.

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
great,
I have one suggestion that I think would be simple but be very usefull

Instead of marking players all different colors is there a way for the user to make a group the same color and change the title of the group / color ?
You can easily edit the colours of players/villages/tribes to be the same which would give the same effect with the exception of a longer list in the highlight controls. It's not much more trouble if you remember/copy the colour code and paste it for the others.

I can see it being useful when you decide to have that huge family tribe that used to be your enemy coloured from red to blue.

It would be hard to add, you'd have two different systems doing the same thing (one id-colour pair method (current) and another name-idlist both for highlighting). It would require a separate set of coding so would mean writing a new system from the ground up for group highlighting on top of the current system and on top of that I'd have to make them work together so they both take into account that group village should override pair player and pair player should override group tribe to give an example. It would be very hard to make that work efficiently unless I get an idea on how to do it. I'll keep it on my mind and certainly won't drop the suggestion though I can't say when I get the "click" on how to do it.

rufelza

Non-stop Poster
1: You mean the player villages bbcode list? It merely creates a list of a players' villages with a preview of how it will be displayed on a Tribal forum. If you want to manage your own villages, set one of your villages as main and it'll be selected on the right of the toolbar, click the name and it'll show a list of all your villages, click one of those to set them as main village. You can center on your main village by clicking the white icon in front of "Main: ". What I can do is add the icon in front of each village on that list so you don't have to set a village as main village to be able to center onto it. Maybe you'd like a new feature to be added, "Player villages" which pops-up a list of the players' villages which you can click to center the map on?
Yeah, that would work, thank you!

2: I could try to make it so that you have the option to position the toolbar in the top-left, top-right, bottom-right or bottom-left. I don't see how I can place it on the right though, it's not a vertical bar and is text, not icon, based.
It would require significant changes to enable such an option though, as most of the menus it opens are not placed dynamically. I don't think I'll be adding such a feature, I'm sorry. It'll require to much of a code rewrite to add.
OK, it was just a thought!

tomcenc

Still Going Strong
ah i was not aware you can make multiple players the same color,
I will have to figure out how
If the map is available, click "Highlight controls" in the top-left toolbar and it gives a list of everyone highlighted. Click "Edit colour" behind the village's, player's or tribe's colour you wish to edit. Click a colour on simple colour table that pop-ups the table or click the sphere icon in the bottom left, which lets you pick a colour from a colour sphere or manually type in the hex colour code in the input box bellow the colour table / colour sphere. Click "Save" and it'll have it's colour changed.

Version 2.8

actually it works for all worlds I have tried but w13 :'(

EDIT if i got to servers and click the 3 beside world 13 it will work but I can not connect from the main menu , and nothign is saved :(

Last edited: