Tribal Wars Map - a tool to help you speed up your gameplay

Discussion in 'Tribal Wars Map' started by tomcenc, Jan 5, 2008.

Share This Page

1. CaptainDDL

CaptainDDL Guest

A couple of suggestions:

1. Highlight color. Instead of making it random each time, use the same color you used last. Not that I need it now after getting everything set up, but on the off chance my cookie was deleted or something else, it'd make it easier to add everything back.

2. Login system. Although I know this is something that probably won't happen anytime soon, it'd be nice to have user accounts that store your preferences on the server, so that if you use different computers (which I do quite frequently) all you have to do is login to get your personalized map. Especially since this is intended as a map replacement. I just noticed the "Link to configuration"...sweet. I put that link in my quick bar...solves my problem. :)

Your site is pretty freakin awesome...keep it up!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2008
  2. mellowpers0n

mellowpers0n Guest

this tool is like the mobile phone, i simply just dont know how i survived without it =0

3. YouDieTonite

YouDieTonite Member

Wow! This thing is pretty cool...

4. bpell

bpell Non-stop Poster

Great site. The growth monitor is my favorite feature for a quick glance at possible inactives in your area.

My only request would be larger navigation buttons unless there's some part of the UI I missed (which is possible). Great job though, nice site.

=)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  5. shadowice

shadowice Guest

great tool version 2.8 posted my comments when he first showed us, where exactly does it save the information to, i input alot of data into 1 cpu and would like to put it on my laptop instead so i dont have to rehighlight everything

also 2 changes id like to see is the directional map moving be moved out of its own frame currently i could squeeze a few more villages on the screen but that thing takes up about 2-3 village lengths, when it could easily be slid over about the x y axis where highlight controls start.

On the travel time you divide x and y up is there anyway you could combine them and just imput them like xxx|yyy that way it can be copied and pasted in

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2008
  6. tomcenc

tomcenc Still Going Strong

Data is saved to a cookie onto your browser, if you wish to transfer your configuration from one computer to another you can use "Link to configuration" which gives you a link which contains your exact configuration for that server. Be aware that cookies are mostly limited to 4KB in most browsers (settings take 560 bytes + a maximum of 13 bytes per village, player or tribe. You can highlight at least least 275 villages, players and tribes in total) and a URL in Internet Explorer is limited to 2KB (only in IE this is limited this low). You can view your saved data length in the top-left, in the middle of the arrows is a green-red circle, mouse over it and it'll tell you an approximate of the size of your configuration.

7. tomcenc

That's a separate configuration, you can have several configurations for one server. Unlimited configurations are possible, just change the alphanumeric prefix before the server number, "en10", "s10", "10", "qsqdazrez10" all end up being server 10, but they use a different cookie to save their data. The "change server" menu by default shows two other configurations to make it easier "World 1" "(2)" and "(3)" which use "en10" "s10" and "10".

World 13 currently works for me. What was the problem? "Server not found"? Then it would be a caching issue with your browser since that issue has been fixed.

8. wolfenbike

wolfenbike Non-stop Poster

i made a map (w3) using ur site :) it looks a lot better before i uploaded to photobucket tho :( just imagine this map but 8 times larger and lots of detail..anyone know of a photosharing site that doesnt autocrop ur images when u upload them?

[​IMG]

9. cam sadge

cam sadge Non-stop Poster

would it be posble for speed to show if they are in sleep mode

10. tomcenc

You don't have to upload it to an image sharing site, currently I still allow hotlinking. Just click "More" and copy the "WM image only" and wrap image tags around it or click "World map" and then "Links/BBcodes" (after the map has loaded, might take a while) and copy the last link, which already has img tags around it. It'll also automatically stay up-to-date that way.

11. tomcenc

The world data sadly doesn't supply that data.
    This is all that is currently available:
    Village: id, name, x, y, owner, points, rank
    Player: id, name, tribe, villages, points, rank
    Tribe: id, name, tag, members, villages, top 40 points, all points, rank

12. Thargoran

Thargoran Guest

Just for your info, if you plan to develop more tools in the future. :icon_wink: There some more world's datas provided by TW, yet undokumented in the help:

Profiles
    {server}/map/profile.txt.gz

tribe_id, date of birth, gender, location, profile's text (as XHTML)

OD-ranks/-datas
    {server}/map/kill_att.txt
    {server}/map/kill_def.txt
    {server}/map/kill_all.txt

each: rank, id, kills

13. tomcenc

Thank you, I didn't know about this info. I do know there is even more:
    http://de21.die-staemme.de/help2.php?article=map_data
    There's also conquer data and world setting data which isn't documented here. You might be able to understand it if you speak a little german (or use a translator).

Does anyone think it'd be useful to add the number of kills a player has to the tooltip, or the rank of a player/tribe or is it crowded with enough data already?

14. Would it take a long time to set up a page for each player. Like "view player", with a graph of points, OD scores and such forth?

15. Azraal

Azraal Guest

Click the TwStats link when you click any village and it will show you the graph for tribe and player growth. If you then click those graphs it will link you to the twstats page of that particular player.

16. Thargoran

Thargoran Guest

Oh! Finally they implemented it in the german help? Nice. And yes, I am capable to speak, read and understand german. It really helps, if you want to buy something in the stores here in Germany. :icon_biggrin:

There you are:

/map/conquer.txt - /map/conquer.txt.gz
    This file contains all conquers since begin of a world. The datas' order is like this:
    $village_id, $unix_timestamp, $new_owner, $old_owner

/interface.php?func=get_config

You can read the server's configuration with this function (format: XML).

/interface.php?func=get_conquer&since=unix_timestamp
    You can pull all conquers' datas since the last Unix-timestamp with this function. The timestamp isn't allowed to be before/older than 24 hours ago. The datas' order is like this:
    $village_id, $unix_timestamp, $new_owner, $old_owner

Ha! But still they didn't implement the help for the OD-rank files! :lol:

17. tomcenc

There is a menu option "TW Stats" which shows the player and tribe graph from a player linking to TW Stats. (edit: Azraal was faster)
    What about this?
    Player graph (linking to tw stats)
    Player info (name, points, points rank, oda, oda rank, odd, odd rank)
    Player village list ("Center icon" "Village name linking to tribal wars"
    And the same for a tribe except with a player list instead of a village list and no center icon

18. On a seperate page, not a drop down menu.

19. Silvershark

Silvershark Guest

pretty nice tool

20. Azraal

Azraal Guest

why would you want it on a seperate page?

I have an idea.
    How about a tool that you can toggle on/off like the growth tool but for people with/without tribes?