Tribal Wars Map - a tool to help you speed up your gameplay

Discussion in 'Tribal Wars Map' started by tomcenc, Jan 5, 2008.

Share This Page

1. tomcenc

tomcenc Still Going Strong

A hotfix for the minor December 21 update, there was an error which caused only one of the two scenery sets to be cached per continent, depending on the first to be cached.

Progress on version 3.1 is proceeding slowly, but it is coming closer to completion, I entirely missed the October ETA, and it'll probably take another month or two. One major feature that is far from finished which will be included is Private configurations, this requires changes on pretty much all levels of the code and is the part causing the delays.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  2. Jolion

Jolion New Member

Something is wrong with my computer, but I don't know what, some other stuff doesn't work either. Scanning for viruses told me everything is ok.
    I use Opera 11, when I go to the link I see an endless wall of text :) How do I clean cash?

3. tomcenc

Endless wall of text is good. Perhaps check your Flash version, it might have gone corrupt. You can update/reinstall it with the download from Adobe: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.

To clear your cache, click "Menu"->"Settings"->"Delete Private Data"->"Detailed options" and uncheck everything but "Delete entire cache" and click "Delete".

4. Abacus.Clay

Abacus.Clay Member

I am having an issues with the map not updating.
    I am using Firefox/3.6.13, I have tried disabling my Ad-Blocker, I have updated Flash and java for the fun of it. I emptied the cache in my browser and then did it again with CCleaner. The map still won't update.

When I clicked this link:
    http://s1.tribalwarsmap.net/functions-3.0311.js

it loaded a source page full of a language I don't fully understand ;-)

I guess I will try it in Private Browsing mode. What can it hurt? I've never had any issue before today. Any other suggestions?

^^^ Tried Private, that doesn't work either :( I miss my map :(

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  5. tomcenc

It's a Tribal Wars problem apparently, I'll try contacting them. The compressed data cannot be accessed at the moment.

6. Abacus.Clay

Abacus.Clay Member

Ok Tomcenc :) Thanks for the prompt reply.

Your map tool is awesome by the way!!

7. Abacus.Clay

Abacus.Clay Member

Yay!! You are awesome, tom!! The map has updated again. Weird that is shows everyone as being under BP again.

8. tomcenc

Every player and tribe was reduced to zero points because of a bug in the update script (it reduces players' and tribes' points to zero when they haven't been updated for a while, but doesn't check whether there where any successful updates in the meantime), so the tool thinks every player restarted as a consequence. I'll see if I can restore a recent backup.

Edit: I've restored a two day old backup, this should be an improvement.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  9. sacredfool

sacredfool Part of the Furniture

can you refresh the HP round please?

10. tomcenc

I've restarted updating, sorry for the delay.

11. meesterweb

meesterweb Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a way to have a mass upload/update/configuration-dump

that way >40churches can be managed better by hand editing the config data to be uploaded again.

12. tomcenc

Sorry for the delay in response, currently there are no methods to import anything, except for village/player/tribe lists (which doesn't work very well either).

If you have any idea how you'd like to import something like this though, feel free to suggest, I'm fairly sure it'll be easy to implement.

13. sliphits

sliphits Non-stop Poster

I have a question on Twmaps it tells us of "influence" what is it and what does it do etc?

14. tomcenc

Copy paste from Help:
    Influence: Displays an estimate of a tribe's presence around the village, calculated by the number of villages, village points and distance over a radius of 15 villages.

Calculation:
    For each village in a 15 village radius: (1.1-(villagedistance*(1/15)))*villagepoints to a tribe's influence
    Influence=tribe's influence/average village points in 15 village radius

So a village 10 villages away from the tooltip village with 5000 points gives 2167 points to example tribe's influence
    A village 5 villages away with 5000 points gives 3833 points to example tribe's influence
    If the tooltip village has 5000 points (but is not a member of example tribe), then the example tribe's influence will be 1.2. Your own influence would be 1.
    In this example you would have three villages in a 15 village radius, they could be positioned thusly:
    You: 500|500
    Example tribe village 1: 500|505
    Example tribe village 2: 500|510

The tooltip would look like this:
    Influence: 1.2 Example, 1 Tribeless

This is mostly useful in the early game, it can help you identify threats in the vicinity of a target.

15. sliphits

sliphits Non-stop Poster

Thanks :) i had trouble finding the help page i dont know why :S its about the only thing i cant find or use on TWmaps.

16. tomcenc

Just click "Help" in the top menu bar, it is described under the header "The village, player and tribe tooltip". There isn't much Help information, I've tried to implement all descriptions into the tooltips of functions.

17. tomcenc

The tool now includes the German and Russian translations. Other translations have been updated.

If you notice anything is not working properly, please report the issue by email, PM or reply.

Also, the translation index has been updated to include text for the upcoming version 3.1.

18. KennyEffinPowers

KennyEffinPowers New Member

Is it just me or has tribalwarsmap stopped updating? w55 tribalwarsmap hasn't updated in 2 days.

19. tomcenc

The problem appears to be on Tribal Wars' end, lets hope they solve it as quickly as possible.

20. Nartie

Nartie New Member

I've noticed it too. It shows I have been inactive for nearly 2 days! :(