Tribal Wars newsletter #10 - 2010-09-28

DeletedUser656

Dear Players,

Missed us? We're back again with our monthly (fingers crossed) newsletters full of highly entertaining Tribal Wars news and gossip.

The recent update to 6.5

Our team of web ninjas have been hard at work improving Tribal Wars this year, recently bringing yet another update to your villages. We've been concentrating the majority of our development efforts on improving the usability and interface as well as making things easier for players with many villages. Although we're still quite some time away from version 7.0 we've already implemented a lot of community suggestions and look forward to sharing more information about this as soon as possible.

As always, if you have any suggestions please post them in our suggestion forum here.

You can view a full list of the changes in 6.5 in our announcements forum.

Closing of worlds

We'd like to congratulate DNY again on winning World 12 earlier this week. Tribal Wars has been launched in over thirty different countries and more than 450 open worlds but to date DNY has been the first tribe globally to win a world by eliminating all opposition. This is a massive achievement for DNY and tribalwars.net so if you see any DNY players on other worlds be sure to congratulate them on making Tribal Wars history!

We're also aware that a lot of players are interested in how worlds end or are won and so would like to explain a little more about that.

Stage 1:

Once a world has roughly less than 1000 players, we run a survey to see if players would like half price coins/packets.

Stage 2:

When the world reaches less than 500 players we run a second survey with the option to reduce coin/packet costs further to 1/3rd of the standard cost.

Stage 3:

When a tribe (or family of tribes) reaches between 70% and 80% domination* we will start the endgame phase. This involves closing the world to new registrations (if not already done), preventing players from starting over after being conquered and reducing coin/packet coins to 25% of the standard cost.

We then give the winning tribe three months to either finish by eliminating all opposition and thus end the world early (DNY did this) otherwise the world will be closed and whichever tribe has the most points will be declared the winner. If players wish for a world to continue past the 3 months, the dominating tribe must split up into smaller, warring factions.

We will be starting the end game phase on another world by the end of this month.

* domination - Percentage of player owned villages owned by a tribe.

Start of world 52

As announced earlier this month World 52 will be starting today at around 17:00. While the settings have been designed to be for less experienced players we will welcome everyone on to the world. We'd particularly like to encourage older players to join and help teach new players.

Please note that you will not be able to choose your starting location on this world. Repeatedly joining, setting your account to delete and then creating a new account in order to get a better starting location is also forbidden.
For the full list of settings please click here to view the announcement.

We'd also like to thank all the players that helped test World 52's server over the weekend, and especially Sir Cornish for being such a good sport.

Staff changes

We'd like to thank Sebco7, Karmaeffect, Agent Incognito, Dwarveneree, Tyr Hades, benqt, Bigfeet15, steviesempire, CaptainDDL, ChronoKaiser, Tags, Amatiel, Cpt. Marryat and Truscott6 for their time on the team and wish them the best of luck in the future.

A warm welcome goes to FrailBeauty, Chase X, Smudgey, Greenskin, rednecks, H0llygh0st, Nima Unknown and Rowmaster who have joined our forum moderation team, and to Calis88, terrafutan and darknightwing who joined our in-game moderation team.

Congratulations also to Seagryfn, LauraDestroya, Iceco and kdeb for being promoted to senior staff.

-------------------------------------------------------------

We’d love to hear any feedback or suggestions you have on our newsletter so please do reply in this thread to let us know how we’re doing!

Kind regards,
Jon “Morthy” Dawson
Community Manager

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First!

Great to hear that you guys are really working to make managing large accounts easier. It is the reason I quit the biggest accounts I played with.

Keep it up.

And, good luck with W52. I hope it achieves it's intended purpose. I also hope there will be a lot of marketing tying in with it's release.

darkaniken2

Morthy, I'd like to take a moment and confess my undying love for you. :)

DeletedUser

WOW.. I hope DNY joins world 52. LOL. :icon_cool: and yea grats tribalwars for making such a great game.. First time writing a post on tribalwars fourm.

DeletedUser71572

Great stuff. Love it.

Looking forward to w52, i'll try to help the newer players.

I'm nice like that. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

One thing that would be Kick butt...

When a player quits,,, the Dukes of the tribe keep control over a players account while seeking a co-player..., temparary co-player and or even a New player for the account.

Would work something like this for all worlds.

1. Player quits,,, and through settings can give a Duke control over account until a suitable co-player is found too take control...NOT ownership of the account.

2. The Duke has the master password for the account too boot bad co-players and or spies that try too steal the account.

3. After say 6 months,,, permanent control would go to new player.

4. Different conditions can be set for this feature... such as Master Pass holder can not sit or even enter the account.
**** I am sure you guys can come up with away too make it fair....

5. another idea, if no co-player is found the account still can go barb in "x" amount of time.

6. The main idea here is too let a team keep control over an account, set a temporary sitter for nobling out.

7. Main idea 2, A co-player that is not honest can not steal the account or delete it from the tribe.

DeletedUser

Are players such as Agent Incognito and Karmaeffect, stepping down?

DeletedUser

When a player quits,,, the Dukes of the tribe keep control over a players account while seeking a co-player..., temparary co-player and or even a New player for the account.

Would work something like this for all worlds.

1. Player quits,,, and through settings can give a Duke control over account until a suitable co-player is found too take control...NOT ownership of the account.

2. The Duke has the master password for the account too boot bad co-players and or spies that try too steal the account.

3. After say 6 months,,, permanent control would go to new player.

4. Different conditions can be set for this feature... such as Master Pass holder can not sit or even enter the account.
**** I am sure you guys can come up with away too make it fair....

5. another idea, if no co-player is found the account still can go barb in "x" amount of time.

6. The main idea here is too let a team keep control over an account, set a temporary sitter for nobling out.

7. Main idea 2, A co-player that is not honest can not steal the account or delete it from the tribe.
Suggestions and Discusions forum. Use it.

nytaz

The tribal wars newsletter is back & I'm pumped, it great mainly because it gets players the latest news & important stuff :)

PS: Can't w8 till W52, although I'm asleep but I'll be there :):swordsman: