Tribalwar's Definitions for Noobs

DeletedUser

Mass Recruiting:

A recruiting practice that is more common to new worlds. It's the act in which a tribe sends invites out to pretty much anyone that will accept in a specific area. The idea is to quickly gain dominance of an area with power in numbers. Often after the fact unwanted players are 'trim out'. In theory it sounds good but in practice it usually results in a start up tribe with far to many noobs and not enough villages to noble. In some cases when trimming is properly managed it has been known to be effective, although this is rare.

Merger:

The act of two tribes becoming one through agreement between leaderships. Usually results in most if not all of one tribe being recruited to the other. After the players have moved over one tribe disbands. Generally a new leadership is formed combining at least a portion of the two leaderships but on occasion one tribe will give up leadership roles to the other. The tribe/s may choose to keep the name of the side sending the invites or start fresh with an entirely new name.

Recruitment:

The act of inviting someone to a tribe. This may be through an application process or the sending tribe soliciting membership. Generally invites are only sent to those who have proved their worth in game through either war preformance/activity and or they possess a known skill set/beneficial position.

If anyone is in need of definitions for other aspects of the game feel free to contact me. Also anyone who may want to add some definitions of their own please feel free. Through our combined knowledge we can properly teach the noobs in our tribalwars community about the game so they can sound more knowledgeable in their PnP postings.

Thanks! :icon_biggrin:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
All of these terms are ones which would be argued back and forth a great deal about the literal meaning.

My personal opinion of the three are the following:

Mass-Recruiting = inviting a large number of people to join your tribe at once.

Merging = inviting a sizable proportion (30%+ generally, and 7/8+ members) of a tribe to your tribe, or else forming a new tribe from 2 already-existing tribes.

Recruiting = inviting individuals to join your tribe.

I wouldn't necessarily say that one leadership has to agree with merging in to another tribe for it to be classed as a merge, for example. If a player base of a tribe chooses as sizable group to join another tribe, I would personally class it as a merge.

The topic is one which is open to a lot of different opinions - will be interesting to follow this.

DeletedUser

Mergers/ mass recruitments are usually make it look like your a noob tribe .

In fact no tribe would survive without doing a merger at one point.

DeletedUser

googly why are you so obsessed by our world forums i thought you quit?

and recruitment in a tribe has to happen sometime lol wouldnt you agree smurfy?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
googly why are you so obsessed by our world forums i thought you quit?

and recruitment in a tribe has to happen sometime lol wouldnt you agree smurfy?

3 things.

1. Nobody has the right to demand a reason for why someone is on a world forum. To do so is incredibly childish.

2. Read here for your thoughts to be changed.

3. If you wish to comment on what I post, instead of asking why I am posting maybe actually bother to respond to the content?

DeletedUser

You can argue definitions all day. I have never been in a world where I haven't seen the same old argument over some definitions.

The fact is, your and my definition may not match. When talking about uncertain terms, take the minute or two extra to describe what you mean, so people stop getting caught up arguing over semantics. Otherwise, you are arguing for the sake of arguing, which is stupid.

DeletedUser

You can argue definitions all day. I have never been in a world where I haven't seen the same old argument over some definitions.

The fact is, your and my definition may not match. When talking about uncertain terms, take the minute or two extra to describe what you mean, so people stop getting caught up arguing over semantics. Otherwise, you are arguing for the sake of arguing, which is stupid.

^^^Signed

There is however the problem of people through the worlds that change the definitions depending on which topic they are talking in for the sake of trolling..

DeletedUser

well normally calling some person/tribe a noob over merger or recruitment happens either to infuriate the other side or as part of a psychological warfare, otherwise all(Edit: Most) tribes will always merge and if done properly it gives a strategic advantage to the merging tribes :D i might always be wrong

Nightmare1assassin

I personally like warring tribes that don't merge their way to the top simply because this is tribal wars. It's not supposed to be declare, then two weeks later take in their best players and merge your way to the top however practically every top tribe in w57 is guilty of doing so and therefore nobody can really mock another tribe for merging without being a hypocrite. For example Happy, I have openly seen people mock them for merging other players from tribes they have warred. It just makes me laugh when I see people flaming about merging like this for my above point.

There are cases where merging has worked and where merging hasn't worked successfully. Ill is an example where it hasn't worked, but they could have potentially have had part of the rim when 4play were a part of them which would have put them strategically better off rather than the situation Ill is in now which is back to square 1.

Merging doesn't necessarily = noob, but merging CAN = fail.

DeletedUser104264

W56 blew up into a big mess because the two last tribes (who were allied) did not agree to what a merge actually meant. One insisted the Tag must change for it to be considered a merge and the other disagreed (it didn't want to change its tag). Thus, we have been at war since last August/Sept (about 8 months) because of semantics.