Tribe Guide, by ibo321

DeletedUser

I thought to myself today... I'm an extremely knowledgable veteran of TW, who else would be better than me at guiding people how to create a specific tribe, and guide it to success? So, I gave it a quick wirl:

Elite

You must never breach the 40 person member limit. That way you can boast on the forums that you have less players, yet more points than everyone else. Always remember, points over player count!
You must not build defense. We all know leet players can with without defense.
You must have a high OD. Any respectable player knows that more OD = more troops. Obviously. Don't even think that they might have just been unlucky and ran into extra troops, meanwhile loosing their own.
Always go out in a blaze of glory when things start getting tough. IE - when you have to start being picky about your targets... don't! Just attack the nearest 10+ big tribes so you have an easy excuse to quit. Oh, and remember! When you're half nobled, RL issues must occur.

Family

I cannot stress enough just how important it is to have some sort of sword/axe/mace/naked woman/knight/warrior/orc/tribesman/naked woman/gun on your tribe profile. It gives all family tribes the fighting edge, and without it, they will die.
Secondly, remember to include a list of your allies, and your NAPs, and your family tribes, and your friends, and your big brothers (who will beat everyone up in RL if you attack them) and your big alliance of tribes, on your profile. It is a valid strategy will will scare away and interlopers who decide to send an attack in your tribe's direction.
Recruit, as much as possible, and i'm talking about as much as possible. As soon as the family tribe's head hackers have worked how to invite barbarian vills, then you must follow their lead and get it done.
Swords are your most valued unit. Not only are they the coolest weapon, when you are attacking people they go at a different speed to every other unit. This will make whatever person you are attacking confused, as they wont know what you are sending.

Tribe-with-'good'-players-in-it-who-have-gotten-into-the-top-100-of-a-world-before-by-nobling-inactives-and-have-a-great-reputation-for-claiming-they-are-good-loudly-on-the-forum-and-pestering-other-'good'-players-for invites-to-the-pre-made-tribe-they-are-making-for-the-next-world.

Always boast loudly on the forum about how you and your tribe will pwn world such and such. Seeing as you are already in this tribe, you should be good at it. Good luck.
Family tribes are your mortal enemy, hate them in any way possible, make fun of them, call them n00bs, especially when they start beating you.
Elite tribes are your slightly distant cousin. You want to be liek them, although never had the cahonies to have less than 40 members in your tribe. 40 - 50 will do you just fine, you're still better than everyone else remember.
Your profile should contain the sentence 'recruitment is closed' although secretly you will invite random players, but shhh! Keep that bit of intel quiet!
Finally, as your tribe fades off into the 100 - 1000 ranks, remember to blame it on inactive leadership or the fact that you didn't like the world settings anyway.

Spam tribe

Other people hate you, but you don't care, you have a bigger post count than them!
As soon as someone posts a new thread in your worlds forum, don't forget to be in there quick with a 'lol' or a 'lmao' on the first page, but as soon as it reaches the second and your local mod can no longer see you, get stuck in and start purposefully derailing the thread. This invloves saying things like:

'HOT PIE'
'[your tribe here] > all'

When you are finally reported, and subsequently banned/infracted, do not lose hope! There is always your uber-leet alternate forum account which is always there for back. The forum users have no hope of guessing it is you, so spam away and carry on like you were before.

(Please remember, this thread is made purely in jest. So if you have ever had RL issues while fending attacks of multiple tribes all with bigger member counts than you, or any of the other scenarios... don't get offended!)

Newb tribe

Where to start… where to start? Well, my main point is, if you’re a newb, don’t create a tribe. It will die. Die a horrible death. (If you need this to be translated into multiple languages, I can make use of google to make sure it’s done. That’s just how important this is)
Seeing as you’re a newb, there’s a strong chance you are also a noob, so I expect you will have ignored the first part and made your tribe anyway. If so, you’ll probably need help with the name, you can choose from such things as TMO (the mighty warriors), NOD (Ninjas of death), TOW (Tribe of Warriors). Or even MWNTOD (mighty warrior ninja tribe of death)
The tribe profile is the hardest part to manipulate. As we all know, clicking buttons is awful confusing, so I strongly advise you just leave it on the default italic statement.
Secondly: the forum. Now we’re really getting to business. Seeing as the General forum section has already been created you should make the most use of it as possible. Everything you ever discuss should go in here. I expect it to amount of a maximum of two topics.
My next point is recruitment. Here you will take a leaf out of the elite tribes book, never ever reach a maximum of about 30 players in your tribe. You will not achieve this because you have big cahonies, but out of pure stupidity. Sending out the invite button to everyone you see does not normally work. Unless you’re lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is it just me or is the formatting of that post messed up? It isn't bounds by the normal forum table, it stretches beyond it... I have to scroll right to read it all.

god herself

Elite

You must never breach the 40 person member limit. That way you can boast on the forums that you have less players, yet more points than everyone else. Always remember, points over player count!
You must not build defense. We all know leet players can with without defense.
You must have a high OD. Any respectable player knows that more OD = more troops. Obviously. Don't even think that they might have just been unlucky and ran into extra troops, meanwhile loosing their own.
Always go out in a blaze of glory when things start getting tough. IE - when you have to start being picky about your targets... don't! Just attack the nearest 10+ big tribes so you have an easy excuse to quit. Oh, and remember! When you're half nobled, RL issues must occur.

Tribe-with-'good'-players-in-it-who-have-gotten-into-the-top-100-of-a-world-before-by-nobling-inactives-and-have-a-great-reputation-for-claiming-they-are-good-loudly-on-the-forum-and-pestering-other-'good'-players-for invites-to-the-pre-made-tribe-they-are-making-for-the-next-world.

Always boast loudly on the forum about how you and your tribe will pwn world such and such. Seeing as you are already in this tribe, you should be good at it. Good luck.
Family tribes are your mortal enemy, hate them in any way possible, make fun of them, call them n00bs, especially when they start beating you.
Elite tribes are your slightly distant cousin. You want to be liek them, although never had the cahonies to have less than 40 members in your tribe. 40 - 50 will do you just fine, you're still better than everyone else remember.
Your profile should contain the sentence 'recruitment is closed' although secretly you will invite random players, but shhh! Keep that bit of intel quiet!
Finally, as your tribe fades off into the 100 - 1000 ranks, remember to blame it on inactive leadership or the fact that you didn't like the world settings anyway.

Spam tribe

Other people hate you, but you don't care, you have a bigger post count than them!
As soon as someone posts a new thread in your worlds forum, don't forget to be in there quick with a 'lol' or a 'lmao' on the first page, but as soon as it reaches the second and your local mod can no longer see you, get stuck in and start purposefully derailing the thread. This invloves saying things like:

'HOT PIE'
'[your tribe here] > all'

When you are finally reported, and subsequently banned/infracted, do not lose hope! There is always your uber-leet alternate forum account which is always there for back. The forum users have no hope of guessing it is you, so spam away and carry on like you were before.

lol, you said hot pie.

I fall in all 3 of these catigories, depending on world we are talking about. :^D (of course not the family tribe one since I "hate them in any way possible")

And yeppers, you've hit them all dead on.

BTW, I'm under my uber-leet alternate forum account since my main one is banned. :^D

P.S. I'm attacking everyone around me and RL is forcing me to quit next week.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Wich one do I belong to?

Why does everyone hate family tribes so much?

DeletedUser

Is it just me or is the formatting of that post messed up? It isn't bounds by the normal forum table, it stretches beyond it... I have to scroll right to read it all.

It's the third title. With the '-' inbetween each world its expanded the page. Didn't realise I'd done it until afterwards.

DeletedUser

nive tribe guide :icon_wink: i think the mods should sticky this for everyone to refer back to it when joining/creating a tribe :icon_razz:

hmm i wonder what category i fall under :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Because there are very few skilled players in family tribes.

I know that, but why do people so patiotitley hate them? is it just because it's leet to hate them?
There are even more noob single tribes than noob family tribes :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I know that, but why do people so patiotitley hate them? is it just because it's leet to hate them?
There are even more noob single tribes than noob family tribes :icon_wink:

True, but everyone can agree that a n00b single tribe is a n00b tribe, while there are many people who think family tribe's are awesome.

Family tribes also generally ruin the game from the point of view of an aggressive player. Families get so big, and have such poor quality memebers, that they refuse to fight each other, or almost anyone for that matter. They simply bully people into joining their family and then eat them after they bore them to death and force them to quit. When you are in a family tribe there is almost nothing you do, pretty much ever, other than sit there in your tribe with tons of points and attack players who have quit playing.

I could see it being fun for those very few who are leading the tribe(s), dealing with diplomacy, etc. but that's a very small consolation.

DeletedUser

I think, that in a way family tribes even out the game. It gives worse players a chance to actually survive, or possibly even learn how to play semi-efficiently so that they can survive in a single tribe later on. So called 'elite' players are the ones which complain about family tribes the most, yes the 'not-so-elite' players are the ones most affected by them, as they are possibly not skilled enough to survive against geater numbers.

It's not that I like family tribes, eing in one would be too boring for me, but I can see it from the perspective of players who are in them.

DeletedUser

Someone has a lot of time :icon_razz:

i wish i did :icon_eek:

me > all

DeletedUser

If were all honest with ourselves weve all been in family tribes at some point in our TW lifetime. I know I have and it turned out to be one of the best tribes iv ever been in when we all learned how to actually play and ditched the family :icon_razz:

Oh and nice post ibo!

DeletedUser10887

Nice collection of typical disadvantages, ibo!
Apart from comic sense of it... you truly mentioned some of usual humbugs that more or less every tribe has been done it!

DeletedUser

so true, for the experienced players who are bored at playing sim city family tribes suck, but for others it's a godsend. Speaking of godsend, the Gods family really ruins it for the aggressors! (w7) who the hell do the guys in the core noble?

DeletedUser23009

:lol::lol::lol:

It takes a robot to have that kind of precision.

Mighty-Matt

Nice work Ibo!!

i don't think i have a catagory yet..... other than n00b tribe:icon_neutral: