Tribe Standards...?

DeletedUser

For a tribe to be successful you need them to work together. Why does the Duke have to be the one to coordinate support? Why does he/she have to be the one to make that OP? Etc etc...

I really don't understand dictatorships... Not early world anyway.

The Duke may not be on to do these things for 12hours, or in some cases longer. This is when you need a member to step up. And then, when(if) that member steps up you need the tribe to back the decision/plan, or if it's a bad plan not post in a derogatory way but rather actually *fix* the plan, not just be all 'thats shit wont work'. It not only doesn't help the situation but it's dividng the tribe even if they don't know it.

On the flopside tho, if the tribemates see their tribemate helping out wholeheartedly without that baron 'priv', without recognition, that's when the tribe start becoming as one.

It's not the leaders that are the one's to break tribes in most cases. It's the members just not doing their share. The duke is there to take all the credit, lol.

Sharing the workload like this also tends to see a lot less players leaving, as all the work isn't solely on one or two players.

What I'm getting at is, not many tribes function the way I've said (in my opinion) they should.

I could go on for hours about this as I have done with players like j0sh, Hazad and AreYouKidden. But I'll stop now :icon_biggrin:

My opinions. Die if you dont respect my authorataaaay :lol: ... Really tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

bugcommander

To have a succesful tribe you really have to have players that are willing to put there ego's aside and work for the best interest of the tribe in general when asked too. The problem with a lot of the premades these days is there are many players who are so focused on individual achievements such as Rank 1 points or ODA they do not play as members of there tribe when they see it as an inconvience such as helping a member who is across the k from them. This leads to individualism and any tribe that has many of its members acting as individuals instead of as part of a single well oiled machine will not last well into the long run.

The perfect tribe structure will have a good solid core of loyal and experienced members and will recruit those who show promise and intelligence in world and pass along what the more experienced players have learned to the newer ones. The tribe that fails to recruit in game and bring in fresh blood will be the one that falls first.

And last but not least in general most premades fail as do most tribes in game it is a natural occurence when every tribe except for 1 or two in a given world will not make it to the end of a world

DeletedUser82102

A lot of players are startup players now. Nobody wants to play long term anymore. If they get cleared or something early on, they just quit and jump to the next world.

Happle is a perfect example. They had some of TW's best startup players - but take a look at their roster. Very few of them ever play long term.

Building an elite long term tribe is difficult because, well, if theyre long term, theyre likely busy on another world lol.

with new worlds popping up every few months, alot want to try a new fresh start, I like to pop into new worlds for fun, one day I may stay in one world long if the right people were in the tribe, some worlds are better than other just because of the people you meet and work with and in tribe forum, I hear some saying they want to restart only because of location their village is, some complain to many players in their 15x15 others complaining not enough they have no farms. I will hop from world to world and hold some worlds as experimental villages and game play style for when I do find that real crew of solid players, I have a few I bring with me from world to world. we know what each other wants done in each others village and we all build differently, no where near the same way. Long term can be a person that may play this game 5 years but only a few months per world, then onto the next.

greenmonsta

For a tribe to be successful you need them to work together. Why does the Duke have to be the one to coordinate support? Why does he/she have to be the one to make that OP? Etc etc...

The Duke may not be on to do these things for 12hours, or in some cases longer. This is when you need a member to step up. And then, when(if) that member steps up you need the tribe to back the decision/plan, or if it's a bad plan not post in a derogatory way but rather actually *fix* the plan, not just be all 'thats shit wont work'. It not only doesn't help the situation but it's dividng the tribe even if they don't know it.

On the flopside tho, if the tribemates see their tribemate helping out wholeheartedly without that baron 'priv', without recognition, that's when the tribe start becoming as one.

It's not the leaders that are the one's to break tribes in most cases. It's the members just not doing their share. The duke is there to take all the credit, lol.

Sharing the workload like this also tends to see a lot less players leaving, as all the work isn't solely on one or two players.

What I'm getting at is, not many tribes function the way I've said (in my opinion) they should.

I could go on for hours about this as I have done with players like j0sh, Hazad and AreYouKidden. But I'll stop now :icon_biggrin:

+4 billion.

xyziz

Dictatorships work earlier if the duke gets things done. Most dukes however do not realise how much time and effort is involved in proper leadership. It is why very few tribes lead by a dictator have been as successful as those done by Matt or Perv, both of whom have always had a strong member base on which they know will listen, and actually know how to play the game.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I helped set up & run a non pre made tribe this time last year & even though hit rank one in everything & based players leaving at around 25% before nobles another 25% after 3 villages. I was shocked in how quick an easy it was for player to just up & leave.

This boils down for me to a game that many have played before & done most things. Most changes within the game are just to fluff it up a bit sure they have tried a couple of new things but not enough to make wanting to stick around for the long haul.

In this day and age far too many players want things in an instant hence the fast worlds. The makers do not mind as the quick rush / premium spent is what they are after to get a quick return on their product after its broke even I do not think they really care if its fun or worth playing.

Michael Corleone.

Dictatorships work earlier if the duke gets things done. Most dukes however do not realise how much time and effort is involved in proper leadership. It is why very few tribes lead by a dictator have been as successful as those done by Matt or Perv, both of whom have always had a strong member base on which they know will listen, and actually know how to play the game.

You know how to play the game? :icon_neutral:

But yeah you are right. That's why Perv my favorite leader to play under. :p Matt? I never played under him. :(

DeletedUser

Yeah, for sure. A dictatorship goes well when done right (no shit anything that's done right goes well lol)... I know, I played with your crew for a bit on InfernalLight (Haze) w49. But let's face it... Not many are as good as matt and perv and also not many (if any) can gather as much skill and personality into one tribe as they also can.

... Which is why I gave what I think is a solution to tribes staying around longer than they currently do. It's just what worked for me and what I see as an easy out for newer leaders.

How are you anyway Kam? :) I currently have a black eye and possibly a broken eye socket. Somone tried to roll me last night :lol: It was your kind you damn aboriginal! :icon_razz: ... *chest thump* he had blood, I didnt. I winz!

xyziz

You know how to play the game? :icon_neutral:

But yeah you are right. That's why Perv my favorite leader to play under. :p Matt? I never played under him. :(

Of course I don't, but what would you do without a noob to teach :)

Yeah, for sure. A dictatorship goes well when done right (no shit anything that's done right goes well lol)... I know, I played with your crew for a bit on InfernalLight (Haze) w49. But let's face it... Not many are as good as matt and perv and also not many (if any) can gather as much skill and personality into one tribe as they also can.

... Which is why I gave what I think is a solution to tribes staying around longer than they currently do. It's just what worked for me and what I see as an easy out for newer leaders.

How are you anyway Kam? :) I currently have a black eye and possibly a broken eye socket. Somone tried to roll me last night :lol: It was your kind you damn aboriginal! :icon_razz: ... *chest thump* he had blood, I didnt. I winz!

Woops, I misread your post a bit, thought you were saying they didn't work.. mah bad.

And yeah I'm good, tho uni results come out on Monday, so that may change things :p And you better watch out, I'll tell my cuz to bring his bruz next time :icon_idea: