Tribe Standards...?

DeletedUser

Hi guys.

Before i begin, this aint a rant/flame nor is this a thread designed to single out any one or tribe in particular...
Its a simple question, one that i would like whoever is interested in, in giving me their views.

Im an old player.
An experienced duke in my own right, whos played all levels of this game, so im fairly experienced in the games mechanics and how things work on here.
I am under alias, after my old name was deleted.

Dont attempt to flame me, you wont get any reaction from me.
This is an honest question, that im sure some of you would like to see how other feel about it.

Question:
Right...

After seeing how fast the supposed 'elite' premade that was Happle crumble and the same with 2Hard, a tribe who boasts some of the UK servers most experienced players, as well as viewing the tribe im in's forums, structure and activity levels.

The overall standard of tribes on this world are extremely poor.
Theres premades crumbling before half their members have nobles.
Theres tribes in start-up who are less active then some of the late game tribes i have been in.

This would not have happened on a new world a few years ago...
Is this a problem on this world?
or
Is this how things are going down on each new world, as older players quit and the newer ones just dont understand the game, as the older guys do?

Your views;

DeletedUser

I honestly don't see the situation in a similar light. These settings truly cater to more experienced players. The tribal competition is signifcantly greater than what you see in 'Old worlds'. in W1, nobody has played before. In w30, you have experienced players joining, although not all old players join new worlds due to activity on other worlds. In this world, the well-known players have come out of the woodwork. Is it that Happle is a lower quality of tribe? Possibly. Is it that they found more competition than they expected? Most likely.

In my opinion, I believe your theory is backwards. The older guys aren't quitting (maybe a little later into the game, but this is still early game which a lot of the older players still enjoy). The older guys are all competing with each other. Other than the NW, you have premade's fighting premades in all other corners of the world. Clearly some of them are bound to fall.

The noobs barely factor into the world dynamics, other than being used as pawns for experienced players. The most troops I've lost in nobling so far is 300 axes, and some of the players I have hit are at 50% morale. I think the end result is the same, but the process is different than you state.

greenmonsta

Egos. I was in Undefined not long ago. It was a great tribe, but there were jsut too many egos there. they wouldn't listen or help each other, they were only interested in whats best for themselves.

When I ran [H], we were pretty successful in W32 but only because the only ego there was mine, and I was in charge. Kinda. most othre players were new players, and they all worked together and listened to their leader, without question. Thats what you need for a successful tribe, and the only 'competitive' premades being formed these days are ones jam packed with very good and highly successful players. One or two at the most in a tribe is plenty enough.

Too many experienced cooks in the kitchen, each trying to make the same dish in their own way ends up abandoned because no-one can agree on anything.

sypherr

U can be the most hardcore veteran of countless worlds, but if u spawn next to some guy who spends the first month of a world online all day then it does not matter who you are your going to get farmed one way or the other.

A lot of a begining of a world is luck my opinion anyway, i do however think there is a hell of a lot of players who just go from new world to new world and some of pretty dam good players who just like the start of worlds.

DeletedUser

Some premades will always fail. I don't think there has been a single world where at least a few of the premades have not failed early on. However, there are a few other premades that look very promising; COMING, Voodoo will both be interesting to watch in the near future.

DeletedUser

activity has been really good tbh..
There has been soo much early skirmishes lately that would otherwise be classified a war but in this world its jst termed skirmish

DeletedUser94990

I'm sorry you seem to be under the impression that 2hard are dead? are you confused? :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

I'm sorry you seem to be under the impression that 2hard are dead? are you confused? :icon_confused:

You misunderstand me.
The purpose of this thread was to ask everyone their views on the what they think of tribal standards on this world, and if they feel like i do, that this world seems to have a fair few tribes who aint of the standard that im used to.

Is this the case on this world, or on the newer worlds in general?

It was not my intention to flame any tribes in particular.
I simply used 2Hard and Happle as 2 examples as they have both significantly dropped down the ranks of late.
Both were supposed to be considered decent premades.

Like the tribe im in atm... a kind of experiment if you want, as how the average tribe on this world conducts its business.
Its a very very poor tribe, unfortunately.

Please dont confuse my honest queries with flames.
That is not my intention.

DeletedUser94990

fair enough. a drop a rank is very different from disbanding...sounds like you get that.

The players in 2hard that came from uk2 were almost all in 2 separate premades (dogs and TEAM, now renamed -TV-) both of which are 2 of the 3 main driving forces of the world today. There were however, many more premades that had all failed, these 2 are the last ones left (and really tbh, almost all the players that were from the original TEAM have since quit and joined here, so theres really only one premade left, stats-wise there's two tho..). I would guess that either activity or egos would be the main killers of premades. The big guns of the world are super active at the beginning and it seems to die down once they have a few villages and people become less reliable. Right at that moment is when serious ops start coming out from the skilled tribes targeting many villages at once and if your members become unreliable, your tribe fails.

I wonder if premade tribe leaders often go dictatorship b/c they feel they know the game best? perhaps what I said above would especially apply to a dictator duke that goes inactive right when the tribe starts needing leadership the most.

Michael Corleone.

or
Is this how things are going down on each new world, as older players quit and the newer ones just dont understand the game, as the older guys do?

Your views;

I'd say over the last year and a half, the quality of tribes and players has gone down quite a lot. When I started first playing, loyalty was pretty common to find. Today, not so much. People run at the first sight of trouble or when things do not go his or her way. Today there are more ignorant and incompetent players that are selfish and only look out for themselves, not the tribe.

In Happle's case, it looked like a bunch of decent players thrown together in a tribe. Premades that usually do well these days are premades full of players that have been playing with each other for quite sometime. There is great teamwork and chemistry in those kind of premades. In Happle, you had people from all over the place, different crews and whatnot, and of course their were many egos in the tribe. It was a great case of too many indians and no chiefs.

But this has become the trend for quite sometime and it will be that way for good I'd say. People are afraid to fight in a war game. Some players will pick on the newer guys, but once they get into a fight with somebody that is decent or just as good, they leave and hop onto the next world and then runaway again once something does not go their way.

Metal Duck

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
When I ran [H], we were pretty successful in W32 but only because the only ego there was mine, and I was in charge. Kinda. most othre players were new players, and they all worked together and listened to their leader, without question.

Please.. You were a puppet. Any sucess [H] had was due to a core group of 5 or so decent players, the rest (inc you) were dead weight.

DeletedUser

u can be the most hardcore veteran of countless worlds, but if u spawn next to some guy who spends the first month of a world online all day then it does not matter who you are your going to get farmed one way or the other.

A lot of a begining of a world is luck my opinion anyway, i do however think there is a hell of a lot of players who just go from new world to new world and some of pretty dam good players who just like the start of worlds.

+1

I'd say over the last year and a half, the quality of tribes and players has gone down quite a lot. When I started first playing, loyalty was pretty common to find. Today, not so much. People run at the first sight of trouble or when things do not go his or her way. Today there are more ignorant and incompetent players that are selfish and only look out for themselves, not the tribe.

In Happle's case, it looked like a bunch of decent players thrown together in a tribe. Premades that usually do well these days are premades full of players that have been playing with each other for quite sometime. There is great teamwork and chemistry in those kind of premades. In Happle, you had people from all over the place, different crews and whatnot, and of course their were many egos in the tribe. It was a great case of too many indians and no chiefs.

But this has become the trend for quite sometime and it will be that way for good I'd say. People are afraid to fight in a war game. Some players will pick on the newer guys, but once they get into a fight with somebody that is decent or just as good, they leave and hop onto the next world and then runaway again once something does not go their way.

+1 to the first and second paragraph

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In my opinion its complacancy. i have been playing since world 5 and have been in/lead alot of tribes. im not saying im expirienced btw.
It seems to be a growing trend where premades/eliets join a new world and quickly dominate the ranks. however when a player (not all) does this they get a little to sure of themselves. I myself have made this mistake before and no doubt that others have aswell. The efforts of the indervidual starts to slack in some cases which effects the quality of a tribe as a whole. Others follow suit and low an behold the tribe does a crash and burn scenario.

DeletedUser

I say it is all about the leadership and well egos. Too many good players in one place together achieves nothing in the short run as they all end up trying to be better than the other. If the leadership isn't good enough than that also causes problems.

DeletedUser93260

I will comment from being in a pre-made now 4 times 5 if you count FROST in world 43 which is dispute was really a pre-made.

The number 1 killer of pre-mades is ego. A number of factors also come into play which make it hard for tribes to repeat success in multiple worlds regardless of skill. Factors such as starting position, reputation, having key leaders rimmed early, players leaving the world they did well on and fully putting effort into the new world. You also run into very good players that are just not great at start up so when thrown into the core really struggle against other good startup players. A lot also just comes down to the resolve of players to put as much effort into starting the process all over again.

Why I think Coming at least so far has been successful is that the core group for the most part are about tribe ahead of personal ego. The other premades I do not know as much about so I won't comment.

DeletedUser

Hi guys.

Before i begin, this aint a rant/flame nor is this a thread designed to single out any one or tribe in particular...
Its a simple question, one that i would like whoever is interested in, in giving me their views.

Im an old player.
An experienced duke in my own right, whos played all levels of this game, so im fairly experienced in the games mechanics and how things work on here.
I am under alias, after my old name was deleted.

Dont attempt to flame me, you wont get any reaction from me.
This is an honest question, that im sure some of you would like to see how other feel about it.

Question:
Right...

After seeing how fast the supposed 'elite' premade that was Happle crumble and the same with 2Hard, a tribe who boasts some of the UK servers most experienced players, as well as viewing the tribe im in's forums, structure and activity levels.

The overall standard of tribes on this world are extremely poor.
Theres premades crumbling before half their members have nobles.
Theres tribes in start-up who are less active then some of the late game tribes i have been in.

or

Your views;

A lot of players are startup players now. Nobody wants to play long term anymore. If they get cleared or something early on, they just quit and jump to the next world.

Happle is a perfect example. They had some of TW's best startup players - but take a look at their roster. Very few of them ever play long term.

Building an elite long term tribe is difficult because, well, if theyre long term, theyre likely busy on another world lol.

DeletedUser

Hardly anyone ever actually stays long run, it seems that once rimmed people give up way to easily as do tribes.

DeletedUser

Biggest problem I've found with premades is they have an elitist attitude, I joined a pre-made in W45 & all they were concerned with was looking good not long term results.

You want a tribe that will succeed in the long run.
Use Happle as a perfect example of what not to do.
Sorry nice try, but having members start on 3/4 of the map was doomed to fail.
Theres just to many mid-range people playing to succeed especially in a compact world like this.

A successful tribe needs new players to have a chance of winning out.
The main reason for this should be obvious, they want to succeed.
Not that experienced players dont, they'll just throw in the towel when things go badly.
Unlike new players who will send out 100 pm's just to end the farming being inflicted on them.

A quality tribe should:

1: Start in the same K or boarding K's

2: Have 2-3 experienced players,
They must be willing to totally devote themselves to having a successful tribe.

3: Have 8-15 mid range players,
To assist the leaders do what they need to be totally devoted to do.

4: Rest new players.
I believe they are more likely to stay on a world than anybody.

5: Some luck,
Alot of promising tribes fail not because they did anything wrong, more due to the fact things just didn't go right.
Like professional sports you can only do what you can with what you got.

DeletedUser

Biggest problem I've found with premades is they have an elitist attitude, I joined a pre-made in W45 & all they were concerned with was looking good not long term results.

You want a tribe that will succeed in the long run.
Use Happle as a perfect example of what not to do.
Sorry nice try, but having members start on 3/4 of the map was doomed to fail.
Theres just to many mid-range people playing to succeed especially in a compact world like this.

A successful tribe needs new players to have a chance of winning out.
The main reason for this should be obvious, they want to succeed.
Not that experienced players dont, they'll just throw in the towel when things go badly.
Unlike new players who will send out 100 pm's just to end the farming being inflicted on them.

A quality tribe should:

1: Start in the same K or boarding K's

2: Have 2-3 experienced players,
They must be willing to totally devote themselves to having a successful tribe.

3: Have 8-15 mid range players,
To assist the leaders do what they need to be totally devoted to do.

4: Rest new players.
I believe they are more likely to stay on a world than anybody.

5: Some luck,
Alot of promising tribes fail not because they did anything wrong, more due to the fact things just didn't go right.
Like professional sports you can only do what you can with what you got.

Ive got to agree - Ive led mass recruited tribes to much greater heights long term than Ive seen most premades ever get to

DeletedUser

Always give newbies a chance. If anything a new player is unlikely to quit than a more experienced player, sad to say most if not all of you are afraid of restarting even later in a world, unless the world is nearing the end restarting will not kill anyone and could provide a better position than where you was to begin with, the key is not giving up. At least that is my opinion and why most tribe's fall so early or so late in the game, they give up too easily.