Trip Wire or Buddy System?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by bowdengraham, Jun 27, 2008.

Share This Page

1. bowdengraham

bowdengraham Guest

has any body heard of the trip wire or Buddy System?

its were you send 5 spears to a friends village, so you know if they get attacked while their off line. if some could post the usual info that is left in tribal forums here i would be grateful.

2. Ripfin

Ripfin Part of the Furniture

its better to just send a scout or a spear,5 spears not needed.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  3. daisho

daisho Guest

Not necesarrily true. If you send 5 spears then you can see approx how many of his troops your ally lost.

4. Ripfin

umm actually no you can't you would need to know the amount of attacking troops to figure out how many the guy your supporting had along with your loss count, easiest way to find out who lost what is to have the guy your supporting send you a report.

5. thirsty

thirsty Guest

you get a better percentage with the spears.
    If your tribe mate is offline, how will he send you the report?:icon_rolleyes:

6. Ripfin

the problem is without knowing how much support or troops or other tripwires he has in his village how would you know how many died?

7. thirsty

thirsty Guest

If you lock communication what do you need the tripwire for?:icon_rolleyes:

8. -panik-

-panik- Member

lets say you send 10 spears as support. 5 of them die, you would then assume that 50% of the defending force has died.

9. thirsty

thirsty Guest

he is not that smart to figure out the percentage

10. qwe4rty

qwe4rty Guest

Because you lose your troops in percentages.

If 1/5 spears die, you assume 20% of his army defense was killed. If 4/5 spears die, you know he doesn't have much left. Etc

11. thirsty

thirsty Guest

thanks for the info:)

12. -panik-

-panik- Member

ok lets say you have two of these :spear::spear:

then a giant army of these attack :lightcavalry::axemen::ram:

Because they were super spear men only one of them died :)spear:=dead) leaving one super spear left or 50%

13. thirsty

thirsty Guest

PowerPoint FTW:icon_razz:
    :icon_razz:​
    Splash​

You mean like this-
    :catapult::spear::catapult:​

yummy:icon_redface:

14. Ripfin

ok lets see if you know your stuff you send 5 spearmen and 3 die,how many men did he lose? now this answer will be based on a report even though i can give several differant answers,also remember you don't know how many spear or sword or heavy cav or even scouts in the village.

also you don't know how many troops were sent, or what troops,or what his tech levels were.

so tell me how many men were lost?and i bet i can prove you wrong.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  15. Ripfin

i mean results will be based on the simulator.

16. well of course you can't get an exact number based off this trip-wire. its about making accurate assumptions based off of what you lost.

scenario:
    you send 5 spearmen to 5 different villages. 1 loses 1, 2nd loses 2, etc etc during an attack in which the member isnt logged on. which do you send support to? (hopefully the answer is obvious to you) the system helps you decide which villages are in need of support based off of %

17. Ripfin

and i repeat %'s lie and i can prove it.

if you lose 3 spearmen how much of a % did the guy your supporting lose?

18. Ripfin

also what % of troops would he lose if you lost 2 spearmen and if you lost 1 spearmen,remember you are unaware of tech levels on either side or amount of troops sent at village or what other troops are in the village.

also my evidence will show there is no guerantee on which village is more threatened either,like i said without the facts you have nothing to base your %'s off of.

19. -panik-

-panik- Member

You don't seem to be understanding what we are trying to tell you.

We are simply stating if you send 5 troops as a tripwire, 3 die you can assume that the attack had killed 3/5ths of the troops in the village, be it offence or defence.

Obviously 2/5ths of their defence would still be in the village, so it is fairly easy to assume that they need defence and their wall would be around 10 if it was attacked with rams.

Tech levels would not change this.

20. daisho

daisho Guest

Dude it is simple. In a tripwire you are not trying to figure out how many troops were in the village to begin with or what # died. You want to know about how much of his defense died. If you send 1 scout and it dies you don't know much about the attack. If you send 5 spearmen though then you know approx how much of his force is still there before he logs in to get the report.

On another note a tip about arguements. When there are multiple people arguing with you and nobody is biased it is USUALLY a case that you are wrong and should try to look at your opinion again,