Trip Wire or Buddy System?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by bowdengraham, Jun 27, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Ripfin

Ripfin Part of the Furniture

you need to take that banana out of your ear, since i said 1 spear or 1 scout would be enough, what you send is your choice and preferance, but sending 5 spears is a waste of time since it will not improve any odds.

and considering your not playing i would assume your trying to lull new players into a false sense of security that does not exist.

2. Mimelim

Mimelim Guest

I see, and you know what all the other tribes in the world are doing :icon_rolleyes:. Or is it likely that you are making things up and guessing/assuming like you have been for the last couple of days.

3. Mimelim

Mimelim Guest

Oh hey look, again, you did not say 1 spear or 1 scout, you have been trying to argue that 1 scout is superior to 1 spear, which is OBVIOUSLY not true. But good job trying to cover up for being an idiot before.

And hey look, your reading comprehension is so terrible that you are yet again trying to bolster your credibility by saying that I don't play. I have explained in DETAIL to you that I played W12 in the past and am currently playing W19. Not to mention that by every measure that exists in this game, you are a piss poor player compared to me. Yes, I DARE you to try to dispute this. I think that given how poor of a tactical player you are (based on these threads), it is clear that the statistics aren't lying when they all point to the fact that you don't know how to play this game effectively. And given that I have substantiated my claims repeatedly in logical progression, I think its clear that I am helping new players while you are intentionally trying to hinder them and hurt them with your "OH BUT IF YOU LOOK AT THIS CASE IT ISN'T AS EFFECTIVE", where you are most of the time wrong, and the other few times bringing up a case where 99% of people won't ever see.

4. Ripfin

considering i like keeping myself informed and know what happens in the world yes.

unlike you who doesn't even play and wouldn't play because you would get creamed in todays worlds with the new players and differant strategies, your strategies and tactics are nothing but outdated material which would not survive in todays worlds just like mine will be and anyone elses would be, go back to your yes boy squad since your not getting any of that from me, like i said i can destroy you in game any time and any place.

5. Ripfin

no i never said 1 scout is superior to 1 spear i said its the same,no differance except in cost and thats it,as far as disputing it i amunable to say that since i have never faced you in combat, but from what i've seen of your tactics their easy to over come and bypass you on the other hand are under the assumption i'm a poor player and yet i still live in the same world i started in you quit yours which makes you nothing but a quitter in my books and lower then pond scum.

6. Mimelim

Mimelim Guest

Ya, being #1 in W12 is me not playing and not being able to keep up, being the largest player in my continent in W19 and being double the size of the next player in the continent even though I started 3 weeks after him (only played 5 weeks) is me not playing and not being able to keep up. Do me a favor, join W19, if you get to 200k in 5 weeks of nobling, then I'll give you credit for knowing how to play.

7. qwe4rty

qwe4rty Guest

Ripfin, you are so full of garbage its unbelievable.

At worst case scenario, you'll get the exact same information with 5 spears as you would with 1 scout. That's at worst.

You have so many flaws, its hard to shift through anything to quote you so I'm just going to lay it out.

Why are you sending 1 scout when you can send 1 spear for cheaper. If you're going to insist on sending a sub-par tripwire, at least make it cheaper for yourself. Seriously, the fact that you have not been able to make an acceptable response to this shows exactly how stubborn you are being. You've been advocating 1 scout tripwires even after its been shown that it is stupid compared to sending 1 spear.

Until you can even refute this point right here as to why a 1 scout trip-wire is superior to a 1 spear trip-wire, your posting here is utter garbage and I'm going to have to ask you to leave this thread to those who know what they're talking about. I had a whole long post that I just deleted because I want you to answer this and not weasel your way out by making more garbage quotes and attempting to makes issues out of things that aren't.

8. thirsty

thirsty Guest

What's going on?
    Still Ripfin against everyone?

9. Ripfin

i never said 1 scout is superior to 1 spear not anywhere, thats Mimelim saying i did, i have always stated their the same, and sending 5 spear is a waste since if they get hit that means the village will be nobled in less then 15-30 minutes if attacked by a compentant player, what can you do in that window if the village is 1 hour away from your nearest troops?

tell me that and i will agree with your 5 spear theory.

10. Mimelim

Mimelim Guest

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, yes, I'm a quitter because after 1.5 years and taking over 3 continents and getting bored I stopped. I'm sorry, but unlike you I play this game against other players. You play against abandons. I'm sorry, but I don't enjoy that kind of boring game. Thats pretty amazing. You want to take even MORE of a beating. By your standard, everyone that quits a world is a "bad player".

This is sooo rich. You say, "XYZ tactic is good", then it is shown that you don't know what you are talking about. Then you say, "You don't play anymore you must be bad", then its shown that you again don't know what you are talking about and are making things up. And then you have to resort to, "YOU QUIT YOUR WORLD, NEVER MIND THAT I CAN'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO MEASURING UP TO YOU IN ANY WAY, BUT YOU QUIT SO THAT MEANS THAT YOU ARE A NOOB".

Wow, you have reached a new low, which is amazing how low you have been going.

11. Ripfin

of course its how i survive in world 2 and guess how i'll survive against mimelim's brown nosers.

12. Mimelim

Mimelim Guest

That is simply not true in many MANY cases. Maybe in a world where you have tons of nobles like you do because you only noble freebee abandons, but for most people they are limited by only one thing, the number of nobles they produce. Thus, you end up attacking a lot more villages than you are nobling *rolleyes*

13. Ripfin

lots of talk but you never walked the walk, you quit plain and simple, what game get too tough for you? get scared?

14. Mimelim

Mimelim Guest

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, "survived in W2", aka nobled abandons right next to all of your villages. The point isn't to survive, its to dominate. Congrats, nobody wanted to waste their nobles on you because hey you were a useless hunk of space. And that must be it, everyone is full of shit and you are the only one that knows what they are talking about :icon_rolleyes:

15. Ripfin

hmmm nope usually you attack the village your going after why bother hitting villages if your not taking them? wouldn't that spread your offensive forces too thin? like i said you still haven't told me how the 5 spears would help, now your just reduced to name calling and saying i'm an inferior player, truly Mimelim your attempts are now becomeing pathetic.

16. qwe4rty

qwe4rty Guest

You are making 3 assumptions.

1) The player defending didn't anticipate anything at all, and has little to no defense in the village.
    2) The village will be nobled within 15-30 minutes
    3) The village you can support from is 1 hour away.

Now let me say this. If, just if, the defending player had 2 full defenses in one village (not that much of a stretch), your 1 scout trip-wire (I have yet to see you say you send 1-spear tripwires) would show the attack as nothing more then what could be a scout attack. You would get a green dot in your report, and you wouldn't have any way of telling whether it was a nuke, a scout, or a fake.

Had you sent 5 spears, you would immediately know that he had sent a nuke. Thats one bit of information you didn't have before.

17. Mimelim

Mimelim Guest

Wow, if you do this again, I'm just going to ban you on the spot. You are starting to spam this thread. If you don't read the post then don't respond to them. At least show respect and read before you post. Again, I showed with out a doubt that based on every measure, I performed better than you. I also played a world for 1.5 years and got bored, retiring after I got engaged and entered Medical school, ya, it must have been too tough being the largest and most effective player in the area. I was sooo scared. Oh wait, you don't read posts before you respond, I've already told you this, some of it twice. Didn't you used to play other accounts as well? You quit them... According to you that must be because you suck...

18. Ripfin

hmm my villages are useless hunks of space? thats why i own some prime real estate right in the core area,thats why my village clusters can be seen on the map at normal full map size,lets face it you quit, things may be a bit slow for me now, but i'm not quitting cause i'm not a quitter like you, if you want to keep up the mudslinging i can give it back, face it you know i'm right and have nothing to prove me wrong.

19. Ripfin

thats why you never went back to that world? thats why you play other worlds? thats why your a Mod? please spare me the insults with your attempts at making excuses, if you ban me your gonna have to ban yourself as well, trust me i'm well within the rules and such and i know how to play them.

no i played 1 account originally i got banned, not quit, but as soon as i could i got playing again in the same world since i never say die.

20. Mimelim

Mimelim Guest

Holy shit, are you really going back to this? I'm calling you an inferior player? Have you been reading the same thread as me? In the other thread, you accused me of being a poor player, I proved with out question that I am the better player. Here again, you called me out and called me a poorer player than you, I showed otherwise. How am I devolving to it? You are the one bringing it up repeatedly. Just because you keep losing the arguments doesn't mean that I am bringing them up.

It has been shown numerous times that you get more information with 5 units than 1 unit. If you can't see that from previous parts of this thread, then you are obviously trolling, which is bannable. They explained this on the first page, then I reiterated it, then qwe4rty made a nice cliffnotes version.