Trip Wire or Buddy System?

Mimelim

hmm my villages are useless hunks of space? thats why i own some prime real estate right in the core area,thats why my village clusters can be seen on the map at normal full map size,lets face it you quit, things may be a bit slow for me now, but i'm not quitting cause i'm not a quitter like you, if you want to keep up the mudslinging i can give it back, face it you know i'm right and have nothing to prove me wrong.
LOL, but nobody is scared of you, nobody cares about you because you just sit there and don't control any space, you just noble abandons and point whore. I quit playing W1, ya, if thats your worst "mudslinging" then you truely are pathetic. I have proven you wrong so many times it just isn't funny any more.

Ripfin

Part of the Furniture
LOL, but nobody is scared of you, nobody cares about you because you just sit there and don't control any space, you just noble abandons and point whore. I quit playing W1, ya, if thats your worst "mudslinging" then you truely are pathetic. I have proven you wrong so many times it just isn't funny any more.
oh yeah i'm just a point whore sure enough, considering a point whore on his own with no other tribe to support him in world 2 will survive, wonder why nobody else has caught on to this secret, hmm oh maybe because if i wasn't good i'd already be gone.

Mimelim

thats why you never went back to that world? thats why you play other worlds? thats why your a Mod? please spare me the insults with your attempts at making excuses, if you ban me your gonna have to ban yourself as well, trust me i'm well within the rules and such and i know how to play them.

no i played 1 account originally i got banned, not quit, but as soon as i could i got playing again in the same world since i never say die.
Uh, lets see here now, this is soooo comical. Playing with 300+ villages is time consuming if you are playing effectively, so I didn't start playing W1 again, plus its one sided now which is boring (not to you obviously since you like your war against the abandons). I am a moderator because I like keeping up with this game and helping people out, it doesn't take that much time and I can adjust the time I spend to how much time I have. Its summer break and so I can play as much as I want, which is why I'm playing another world. I played W12 during my Winter break, which is why I played exactly a month. How am I making excuses? Oh hey, here is another point where you have been proven to be wrong and an idiot.

Intentionally misleading new players is against the rules and is bannable. Trolling is also against the rules and is bannable. I don't see me misleading players, given the number of times you have been proven to be wrong, I don't think its that much of a stretch to assume you really are really really stupid, or you are intentionally trying to mislead people. Also, bringing up my history and yours (even though its so one sided it isn't even funny) and bashing me based on that I'm a "noob" according to you for "quitting W1" (lol btw) is trolling. I'm warning you right now. Stop trolling and stop handing out misinformation or you are gone. Last warning.

qwe4rty

hmmm nope usually you attack the village your going after why bother hitting villages if your not taking them? wouldn't that spread your offensive forces too thin? like i said you still haven't told me how the 5 spears would help, now your just reduced to name calling and saying i'm an inferior player, truly Mimelim your attempts are now becomeing pathetic.
I'm going to have to agree with his qualifications that you are an inferior player.

Looking at your conquer history on W2, your gain-loss ratio is 7:1.

162 of your "gains" have been abandoned. That's more then 1 in 5 villages being conquered as grays. 317 of your conquers have been intribe. That's 44%

Combined with your gray villages, you have 479 free easy villages out of your 709 you've "conquered". That's almost 70% free, no skill captures, and those are just the obvious ones. I'm sure you've had PA's in other tribes who have given you villages.

So yeah, "surviving" isn't a word I would use to describe you. Good isn't a word I would use to describe you.

With your track record of losing 105 villages, I'm sure the whole tribal wars community is really soaking in your comments on how to defend themselves with scout tripwires. It worked for you after all hasn't it?

Now please, get out of this thread before you get trashed anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ripfin

Part of the Furniture
Uh, lets see here now, this is soooo comical. Playing with 300+ villages is time consuming if you are playing effectively, so I didn't start playing W1 again, plus its one sided now which is boring (not to you obviously since you like your war against the abandons). I am a moderator because I like keeping up with this game and helping people out, it doesn't take that much time and I can adjust the time I spend to how much time I have. Its summer break and so I can play as much as I want, which is why I'm playing another world. I played W12 during my Winter break, which is why I played exactly a month. How am I making excuses? Oh hey, here is another point where you have been proven to be wrong and an idiot.

Intentionally misleading new players is against the rules and is bannable. Trolling is also against the rules and is bannable. I don't see me misleading players, given the number of times you have been proven to be wrong, I don't think its that much of a stretch to assume you really are really really stupid, or you are intentionally trying to mislead people. Also, bringing up my history and yours (even though its so one sided it isn't even funny) and bashing me based on that I'm a "noob" according to you for "quitting W1" (lol btw) is trolling. I'm warning you right now. Stop trolling and stop handing out misinformation or you are gone. Last warning.

well then if its summer break why didn't you go back to your old account? if it was too big you could have given out some villages?
furthermore as far as misleading people said rule doesn't exist and if it did same could be said of you since i find the whole theory preposterous,i can see sending 1 spear or 1 scout but not 5 since its pointless,if they die the village is already gone, too late to do anything about it.

furthermore your the one who started the name calling, now your pulling out the moderator card because your losing and you know it,you tried to belittle me and knock me down, and now you want to accuse me of doing that and not yourself?,got news for you the rules apply more to you then they do to me, Mods have been removed for abuse of powers before so you won't be the first one, if you want the subject dropped then drop it, or you can always fire off your last salvo then close the thread, or you can ban me if you like neither of the last 2 would surprise me at this point.

Ripfin

Part of the Furniture
I'm going to have to agree with his qualifications that you are an inferior player.

Looking at your conquer history on W2, your gain-loss ratio is 7:1.

162 of your "gains" have been abandoned. That's more then 1 in 5 villages being conquered as grays. 317 of your conquers have been intribe. That's 44%

Combined with your gray villages, you have 479 free easy villages out of your 709 you've "conquered". That's almost 70% free, no skill captures, and those are just the obvious ones. I'm sure you've had PA's in other tribes who have given you villages.

So yeah, "surviving" isn't a word I would use to describe you. Good isn't a word I would use to describe you.

With your track record of losing 105 villages, I'm sure the whole tribal wars community is really soaking in your comments on how to defend themselves with scout tripwires. It worked for you after all hasn't it?

Now please, get out of this thread before you get trashed anymore.
try looking at my original account Asterios,it was alot better with a reverse ratio of the one here, since i have had to help noble a player much bigger then me.

thirsty

oh yeah i'm just a point whore sure enough, considering a point whore on his own with no other tribe to support him in world 2 will survive, wonder why nobody else has caught on to this secret, hmm oh maybe because if i wasn't good i'd already be gone.
There fore you come straight to my point.
Lock of communication.

Tripwire is good, that is against noobs and average players.
As people have pointed out, tripwire is good on new worlds were the cost is not that expensive. But not useful in mature worlds, still that depends on area, and situation.

What happens if all the spears(5) die with a single blow and the defender is not home(first 2 weeks of the world), i believe the best thing to do is nothing(wait for the guy to come back on)
Why? Because if the wall is down then the tripwire will cause more damage to the tribe then it will actually help. Take the rest of the story from here...
Which is what Mimelin pointed out, tripwire has it's downside.

Look i don't have time to write all this but the scenarios about tripwire working and not working are endless. You'll have endless scenarios, like point of the villages involved, # of troops, how active the area is, the type of players, settings, and so much more.
If you know how to use it given the situation then tripwire will help you a lot. Still it is not perfect as anything can go, we are dealing with #s here.

bowdengraham

hi, if people could go back to page one and answer my original question. i would appreciate it

this is the "question forum" isn't it? not the "debate the obvious with a fool forum"

Mimelim

What happened to you in W1 with Asterios, oh ya, thats right its not there anymore. Wonder what happened... :icon_rolleyes: Again, I didn't want to play with so many villages because it was so one sided, but again you aren't reading what I write. You are just making up new things.

Looking back at this thread. You have not made one substantive argument. You have evaded and tried to mislead people through at this entire thread. Someone else even remarked on page 2 that you were trying to mislead people. You have yet to make a valid point in this thread and I am going to assume that if you haven't by page 7, then you are indeed just trolling and trying to cause problems. I think that I stand on fairly solid ground to make these assumptions given your history. You have repeatedly gone off topic and brought in obscure examples that have no bearing on the conversation.

thirsty

hi, if people could go back to page one and answer my original question. i would appreciate it

this is the "question forum" isn't it? not the "debate the obvious with a fool forum"
QFT
I thought about it but looks better when you say it.
Edit: Not much of a question

qwe4rty

try looking at my original account Asterios,it was alot better with a reverse ratio of the one here, since i have had to help noble a player much bigger then me.
Sadly, that account doesn't show up on TWstats. Regardless, it seems like you must not have learned much from your original account if your second one has statistics as poor as those.

As for "Mimelim losing and he knows it", that's a load of bull. Practically everyone else in this post disagrees with you.

The only way Mimelim can be "losing" is that he sucks at portraying himself as stupid. I'm sorry I even got into this argument. If there's one thing I've learned, its never to argue with idiots because it'll only bring you down to their level, and they'll beat you with experience. That's about the only experience I see you have over Mimelim.

babyanna

Sorry to bring this thread back

But do this let you know if it was just a scout attack?

Thanks

pyker42

No, you won't get a report on the attacking troops when your support is hit. However, you can infer when an attack is a scout or fake by whether or not you lost any troops. (Sending 5 spears as a tripwire will help you guess the amount of damage done by the attack.)

Man1c

The tripwire is simply a way of alerting other members that your villa has been attacked . How many you send is irrelevant , All you know is the villa has set off the Trip Wire . At this point , any Def troops that you have in your villa should remain there , and wait for any that are farming to return . When the player logs in , he can then forward the report to all members that have Trip Wires set . At this point , after knowing the attackers strength , support should be sent to wipe it when it returns . The Trip Wire is only an early warning system that alerts you that a supported villa has been attacked and no matter how many troops you send it is impossible to guess what was sent .

What you send , or try to summise from what you sent is irrelevant , all you know is , they have been atacked .

The first thing to do is send another tripwire , so if he is attacked again another player will know again .

If you send 1 scout , and the villa is attacked ,

1. and the scout lives , then it was most likely a scout attack .

2. and the scout dies , then it is most likely that the villa has been wiped of all troops .

If you send 1 spear , and the villa is attacked ,

1. and the spear lives , then it was most likely a scout attack .

2. and the spear dies , then it is most likely that the villa has been wiped of all troops .

That is the only point of the Trip Wire , to let you know that a villa has been attacked .

Last edited:

A humble player

Contributing Poster
The tripwire is simply a way of alerting other members that your villa has been attacked . How many you send is irrelevant , All you know is the villa has set off the Trip Wire . At this point , any Def troops that you have in your villa should remain there , and wait for any that are farming to return . When the player logs in , he can then forward the report to all members that have Trip Wires set . At this point , after knowing the attackers strength , support should be sent to wipe it when it returns . The Trip Wire is only an early warning system that alerts you that a supported villa has been attacked and no matter how many troops you send it is impossible to guess what was sent .

What you send , or try to summise from what you sent is irrelevant , all you know is , they have been atacked .

The first thing to do is send another tripwire , so if he is attacked again another player will know again .

If you send 1 scout , and the villa is attacked ,

1. and the scout lives , then it was most likely a scout attack .

2. and the scout dies , then it is most likely that the villa has been wiped of all troops .

If you send 1 spear , and the villa is attacked ,

1. and the spear lives , then it was most likely a scout attack .

2. and the spear dies , then it is most likely that the villa has been wiped of all troops .

That is the only point of the Trip Wire , to let you know that a villa has been attacked .
D-D-D-D-D-DOUBLE THREAD NECROMANCY
A 15 month necromancy followed by a 7 month necromancy...you sir deserve a medal.
So here, have these instead:

To make it even better, your post even detracted from the previous ones, which were actually better.

TO put this to rest, tripwiring with multiple troops (say 5 or 10 spears (or spears and swords on archer worlds)) can be used to help you guess with some degree of accuracy the killed troops in the attacked village. And contrary to what you said, when tripwires are hit, the entire point is so that support can be sent before the person returns. Early game, tribe wide stacks of a few hundred units each normally provide enough defense to keep a player safe with few losses. Later game, a single player sending 5-10 villages of support will do the same, and both can be done without having reports forwarded.

harbinger297

How do people even stumble across these threads to necro them in the first place? I don't often browse threads from 3 years ago.

Although it was amusing to see ripfin hasn't changed.

madengineer

How do people even stumble across these threads to necro them in the first place? I don't often browse threads from 3 years ago.

Although it was amusing to see ripfin hasn't changed.
Search results...This was probably the most relevant to his search....What i find interesting....Everybody always tells each other to use the search function first....Yet when they do and post a question in the relevant thread...Like this...They get berated for it.:icon_rolleyes:

dpepsi

Non-stop Poster
So yeah.. lol.. I read the first several posts and laugh at all the people who are correct, and the people who keep saying something.. and I guess either not understanding or don't think the players are right!

1. (What is a Trip-Wire used for)
A. A trip-wire is used to tell if a village is attacked

2. (How much Damage was caused when the attack happend)
A. Support is lost based on a %.

(Because Axes are more effective against Spears, then other troops.. I'm not going to say which troops are used for support)

If you send Troops as Support and 10% of your support troops die, Then in total (Estimated loses).. 10% of the troops in that village were lost on the attack.
If you send Troops as Support and 75% of your support troops die, Then in total (Estimated loses).. 75% of the troops in that village were lost on the attack.
If you send Troops as Support and 100% of your support troops die, Then in total (Estimated loses).. 100% of the troops in that village were lost on the attack.

(ESTIMATED % LOST)

The more troops you send in your Trip-wire the more ACCURATE your % will be.

This is because, if you send 5 spear and 0 swords.....

You could end up losing 4 spears in the attack... BUT the player didn't lose 80% of their troops.. just alot more spears...

What I'm trying to say, if you still don't understand. Support is lost based on a %.. but also takes into account the accual battle that took place. (which troops were used)...

But all in all... the Trip wire is Used to see if a player is being attacked.

If you also are checking on how many troops are dieing, then maybe you might send a few of each type of troop? 5 spear and 5 swords.

Either way... it's a %............ and you're just estimating the loses.

If you send 5 Spears.. and 4 of them die.... You can BET the village that you supported is hurting on Troops in that Villlage!
I hope this is very clear now, to the original poster, and to anyone who's been posting that doesn't understand how lost troops in support is used.

A humble player

Contributing Poster
Search results...This was probably the most relevant to his search....What i find interesting....Everybody always tells each other to use the search function first....Yet when they do and post a question in the relevant thread...Like this...They get berated for it.:icon_rolleyes:
I've never asked someone to search for something. That was all servy (and for a short stint pyker, but mostly servy). And if a thread answers your question, there is no need to elaborate on what is said or post I agree, which is that the necroer did here. If someone had a related/similar question that was not explicitly answered, I wouldn't have played the thread necromancer card (ooh, puns!)

Seagryfn

Contributing Poster
LOL. If anyone is gonna necro a three year old thread... at least add something NEW to the discussion...
Like, the completely overlooked "Red Report Tripwire."

When you are coming up against a bad stack, and you know you'll get a red report, and scouting is impossible (21K+ defending scouts), use the Red Report Tripwire. Send a small portion of one of your nukes (100 axes, perhaps with 1 ram for timing) as SUPPORT ahead of your inbound attacks. Then, although your reports will all be red reports, you can accurately gauge the size of the surviving stack by counting how many of your 100 axes die in your own attacks. (And since they are axes aren't defensive troops, they won't slow down your nukes any.) :icon_wink: