Troll academy.

DeletedUser

Hi everyone, it's me. :icon_razz:

The road to becoming a successful troll is very long, but
will pay off in the end :icon_wink:.

So anyways, I'm going to show you all how to become..

a troll.

The Message
The ultimate goal of a troll is to provoke other people,
and of course
attract a lot of attention.

You can achieve these by poking fun about other user's threads,
and making random comments about random stuff.

but simply, just try to piss the other user off.

So if a player starts a thread about some corny war and how they're winning and everything,
you create another thread

but this time, saying how much the tribe sucks and with horrible grammar.
- we'll get to the grammar part soon.

Also, if someone posts a smart ass comment about your threads
you respond in a stupid question, or a random statement.

Examples:

smartass comment poster 1: lol then how come we're pwning?
you: yu liek fishdikz?

or

smartass comment poster 2: wow we were being gangbanged by 54564 tribes and we're still winning
you: lolwut piez?

Grammar and Punctuation

Grammar and punctuation are useless. The more grammar you have, the less "trolly" your thread is.
You have to try to type in 1337 (leet) or just change the letters to make them look stupid.

Examples:

post translated into troll : KW4 iz tohtaley awwesum!!one!!11

post translated into troll: I iz liek c4ndiezz.

post translated into troll: Tiz thhredz iz tahkings a lung tiemz.

If you still don't get how to translate, don't worry.
You'll get better as time passes.

Avoiding the Mods
Mods are the only natural enemy of trolls.

You must know everything about your mod
- how strict he is
- when he isn't on
- if he cares enough
- if he's on vacation

... so just basically try to have your thread last as long as possible before being shut down.

Suspensions
Will a simple suspension stop you from trolling?
Of course not :icon_wink:

you can still piss people off without posting.

but.. how?
well, there's private messages for a reason. :icon_razz:

Goody Two Shoes
Is there a person that reports everything to everyone for no reason at all?

Well, if there is, then we try to get rid of him :icon_wink:

Get a gang of players and have them flame that snitch until he gets too embarrassed, and.. quits :)

Conclusion

Well, hopefully you read that,

-sniffles-
it's as if it was almost yesterday you were just making your first retarded post on the forums :icon_cry:

I'll miss you all.

bye, trolls.. :icon_neutral:

Fin...

Your boy, qwa.

DeletedUser

Shame you are going. You made W39 forums amusing to read as opposed to all of those who post only to try and prove people wrong without thinking things through. Come back soon :p

DeletedUser

The ultimate goal of a troll is to provoke other people,
and of course
attract a lot of attention.
I would say the ultimate goal is to be as controversial as possible. The more controversial the topic, the easier it will be to troll. Its no wonder that the evolution/creationism topic is pretty much the number one troll thread on the internet and if you look at who starts those thread, you guessed it... trolls :lol:

Grammar and punctuation are useless. The more grammar you have, the less "trolly" your thread is.
You have to try to type in 1337 (leet) or just change the letters to make them look stupid.
I disagree. Although less annoying to read, you can troll just as successfully with perfect punctuation.

Avoiding the Mods
Mods are the only natural enemy of trolls.

You must know everything about your mod
- how strict he is
- when he isn't on
- if he cares enough
- if he's on vacation

... so just basically try to have your thread last as long as possible before being shut down.
If a mod goes on vacation then most likely their elder steps in to watch their forum in the meantime. Once I remember on W23 our mod went away for a few days and some people took advantage of that and got carried away with spam. I remember our mod was pretty furious with us when they got back and found pages and threads of spam. It was not cool.

but.. how?
well, there's private messages for a reason. :icon_razz:
If someone reports a private message you can be infracted for it just as easily as a post :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

I like how you are almost supporting the troll academy Pki :p

DeletedUser

On W39 forums I'm your mod. On other worlds I'm sure there are people who would put me in the troll category at times :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

That sounds just like me :icon_wink:
Except for the odd slip-up in the W39 area :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

az cul as thiz iz, still no1 haz sp0k3 is 1337 yet, so im br3aking te barrier. i likez zs a lotz.

DeletedUser

I disagree. Although less annoying to read, you can troll just as successfully with perfect punctuation.

If a mod goes on vacation then most likely their elder steps in to watch their forum in the meantime. Once I remember on W23 our mod went away for a few days and some people took advantage of that and got carried away with spam. I remember our mod was pretty furious with us when they got back and found pages and threads of spam. It was not cool.

If someone reports a private message you can be infracted for it just as easily as a post :icon_wink:

First point - Truth.

Second Point - True as well. If anything, you want to troll somewhere like W22 (in the old days) when the mod was inactive and no elder was watching. Remember, elders can give straight bans, as normal mods have to go to an elder first to get a straight ban/2 or 3 point infract.

Third Point - Users can always be ignored, and therefore PMs do not get through (I have tried that out using this account and my alt, The Smurfder).

DeletedUser54064

I would say the ultimate goal is to be as controversial as possible. The more controversial the topic, the easier it will be to troll. Its no wonder that the evolution/creationism topic is pretty much the number one troll thread on the internet and if you look at who starts those thread, you guessed it... trolls :lol:

Was that Ella? :icon_redface:

And yeah, Pki is a troll

DeletedUser

Or else having a thread which has gone off-topic just to flame you for doing such a good job. Such as the W39 awards thread :)

robi zmaj

Colpo is the propaganda Panda so I think he and googleh can get the award of beeing the trools of the year

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Another trolling tip from a renowned troll. It's fun to break up posts into little quotes and to quote multiple people in one post. You can come up with some very impressive posts that way that serve generally to just piss off the average forum reader, as well as usually provoke the same kind of response from the person(s) you are quoting.

You do it like this:

Shame you are going. You made W39 forums amusing to read as opposed to all of those who post only to try and prove people wrong without thinking things through. Come back soon :p
Hehe, you would know all about posting only to prove people wrong without thinking things through, wouldn't you Googly. :icon_razz:

BTW, welcome back from your hiatus. I tried to respond to you, but your inbox was full.

My favorite type of thread. :icon_biggrin:

QFT

Horrible grammar is, while occasionally useful in certain contexts, just plain tacky. It diminishes from the quality of the post. A true troll should not only strive to piss people off, but to do so by actually making good points the other people have trouble countering, not just acting like a complete idiot. Anyone can do that. Posting well and trolling, now that takes skillz. (see, in context:icon_razz:)

hehe, I have seen things like that a few times. Been caught in the ban hammer once or twice as a result of such situations.

Again, QFT

Just because it isn't a post, doesn't mean you won't get in trouble for it.

On W39 forums I'm your mod. On other worlds I'm sure there are people who would put me in the troll category at times :icon_redface:
At times? :icon_eek:

I put you in the category of being a troll all the time. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

You do it like this:

Hehe, you would know all about posting only to prove people wrong without thinking things through, wouldn't you Googly. :icon_razz:

BTW, welcome back from your hiatus. I tried to respond to you, but your inbox was full.

Touche :)

Good to be back mate. I'm considering setting up a rather special premade that you are getting a special request to join. Message me if you are interested (due to no bans today, I have a bigger inbox lol)

DeletedUser

that's true, but then there's a big difference between

Today, I was talking to my friend and then he said that he wanted to eat me.
and
Todey I wus talkengz to mi frind and thans he sayz daht he wunted to eet me upz.

the horrible grammar makes it a little more funnier (imo.)
probably because it takes a little longer to read and because it's a little more childish. :icon_smile:

DeletedUser74702

I would say that most times bad grammar defeats the purpose of trolling. I don't even bother to read posts like that.

DeletedUser

that's true, but then there's a big difference between

Today, I was talking to my friend and then he said that he wanted to eat me.
and
Todey I wus talkengz to mi frind and thans he sayz daht he wunted to eet me upz.

the horrible grammar makes it a little more funnier (imo.)
probably because it takes a little longer to read and because it's a little more childish. :icon_smile:

Googly and I will teach you how to do it properly. :lol: