Trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The events of today have caused me to do some thinking. While there is no doubt that the tactic employed by a Riot member was underhanded and dirty, it was the inevitable conclusion to a series of escalating trolling between the two tribes. I've realized, to my shame, that I've played my own part in this. I've been more arrogant and cocky in W61 then at any point in my life previously. I've sent mails that can generously be described as taunting, and done similar here on the externals. That's not a person I want to be, and so it is time for a change. When playing on W15, my only previous world that I spent a large amount of time on, I was nothing like this, and carried myself with a far more respectful image and in a more respectful way.

I plan to return to that way of acting. I'll be significantly reducing my time here on the externals, limiting myself to little more than posts of warstats, and I'll be trying to get a handle on my arrogance and ego in-game.

Trolling has become an epidemic, and one I just don't understand and don't want to be a part of. While we are all rivals in-game, what we have all been doing is uncalled for and in the majority of cases is just plain mean. I don't want any part of it, and I invite you all to join me.

~Morningfrost

DeletedUser

like i said trolling can be funny

but bashing eachother isn't
whenever a war starts we bash eachother on the forum
when the war is over we go like: was a nice war thought by good people in a good tribe.
we suddenly have all respect back

let's just be like that during the war too and the forums will be fine

DeletedUser

Care to let us who aren't informed on the matter know about the events of today?

Impact was disbanded, on purpose, by people not part of Impact. It was just the most recent escalation in a series of trolling maneuvers. A series I'm ashamed to admit that I played a role in, no matter how minor, by contributing to the trolling and taunting.

And Choco, there has been more than enough trolling on both sides of this conflict. I don't intend to add any more to it, and I hope others from both sides will join that stance. It serves no purpose other than to suck the fun out of the game for many, and in many ways has been mean-spirited, by both sides.

~Morningfrost

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Morningfrost has an excellent point. Tribal wars as I knew it before W61 was NOT just a huge trollfest. Those who broke into a tribe and disbanded it were looked down upon not glorified. Even within a tribe trolling is happening so far as sending out attacks to tribe members and that's just not right. Although there is no real way to put an end to trolling it starts with the individual who gets fed up and decides to go back to playing the game the way it was meant to be.

So please why don't we all quit our fussing and just play the damn game the way it was meant to be played? It's not a trolling game it's tribal wars.

DeletedUser101547

The level of trolling and selfish attitudes on this world were shocking when i played, i even made a post on it then, very nearly killed tw's for me as it was having the fun sucked out of it. It's the community that makes this game so great, lets try and think about the kind of community we are premoting. The events that took place recently are terrible but were a long time coming. Credit to Impact on holding together under all of this.

DeletedUser

The level of trolling and selfish attitudes on this world were shocking when i played, i even made a post on it then, very nearly killed tw's for me as it was having the fun sucked out of it. It's the community that makes this game so great, lets try and think about the kind of community we are premoting. The events that took place recently are terrible but were a long time coming. Credit to Impact on holding together under all of this.

I agree with you 100%. It`s unfortunate to see things like this happen, i wish Zombie a swift and speedy recovery.

DeletedUser17459

I cannot relate to this thread at all. The type of banter on the W61 forum has been no more and no less than any of the previous worlds I played longer than a couple months (8, 10, 13, 34 come to mind). It has always been a part of the game, and it's something that adds to the fun. People trying to get a rise out of eachother just adds to more fanatical wars and more enjoyable banter. It raises the stakes for everyone involved and keeps spectators excited.

So what if things gets messy? A person gets hacked? A tribe is disbanded, and an account gets damaged in the process? Simple: the mods fix as much as they can and the person responsible is perma-banned because it was against the rules. The person messed up and the mods cleaned up. A person that makes the ultimate sacrifice by trolling over the edge of what is exceptable.

I feel that this incident just proves that the level of trolling and trashtalking in this world is exactly where it should be! It gets people involved and keeps people entertained. When someone crossed the line basicly everyone agreed to it. He gets a deserved punishment. Those involved - in this case mostly ZOMBIE - want to see blood and will be doubling the effort if they can.

Ultimately this act of trolling will serve to further catalyst wars and thereby improve the fun people will get out this world. I believe this level of trolling is perfectly fine. I wouldn't want it any other way. I disapprove of the way the troll operated, but I'm 100% sure the world will benefit from it!

DeletedUser98503

And it was done by you. Thanks, now we have 2 banned accounts in riot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.