Troop counts?

DeletedUser

Core start is a couple days slower but I'd need still need farm 30 in 3.5 weeks unless I've been losing troops left-and-right.
The model, as I stated reading is lovely:icon_wink:, was based on time vs game speed. The 3.5 weeks was for a slower world than this.:)

DeletedUser60201

I did read that :icon_cry:

*server started 23 February 2010
*today is 21 March 2010
*25 days of playing for most players you might be talking about
*and a few 5k players with (probably) 28 farms, as I gather from the op
*this is W47 General Discussion forum

sounded to me, like you were implying it to be impossible for this server :icon_neutral:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

sounded to me, like you were implying it to be impossible for this server :icon_neutral:
Again reading is lovely, I gave a range so everyone would be on the same page. Apparently not though:icon_neutral:

A humble player

Again reading is lovely, I gave a range so everyone would be on the same page. Apparently not though:icon_neutral: This thread is not about Hop! I make a thread like this every new world so people understand things they dont know. Like shorter ques, how to start defensively ext ext. There is a reason its not in the propaganda section so if you'll kindly take your head out of where the sun dont shine anymore and actually disscuss the topic that would be lovely.

I didn't see a range.
But of course, you must have quotes. The only time tick brought up hop was about overhyping and general rank 1 vs rank 20.
On topic:
I would take the 5K, because I am a total pointwhore because it is what I usually do. It has yet to fail me, and I do pretty well.
I do wonder though if in-fact this had PnP overtones, possibly a jab at an uruz member?

EDIT: I stand corrected, over skype. You did post a range. So I was wrong.
Even so, it did sound like you said it was impossible in 3.5 weeks, for any speed. That may be because I misunderstood what you were saying, as it was in general unclear.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I didn't see a range.
Given X amount of time, dependent on speed, 2.5-3.5 weeks
The only time tick brought up hop was about overhyping and general rank 1 vs rank 20.
tick said:
*server started 23 February 2010
*today is 21 March 2010
*25 days of playing for most Hop! players
*and a few 5k players with (probably) 28 farms, as I gather from the op
*this is W47 General Discussion forum
Zard here is a check list for you.

• Read
  • Comprehend
  • Respond

A humble player

I didn't see a range.

EDIT: I stand corrected, over skype. You did post a range. So I was wrong.
Even so, it did sound like you said it was impossible in 3.5 weeks, for any speed. That may be because I misunderstood what you were saying, as it was in general unclear.

Zard here is a check list for you.

• Read
  • Comprehend
  • Respond
  • Read
  • Comprehend
  • Reread
  • Respond
You clearly dont, I literally make one of these every world I play. From threads on leadership, keeping ques low, starting inactively without sitters or co-players, starting defensively. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything related to world 47 propaganda.
Yes, you make one every world, but all things considered, time world and events, I think it would be safe top say the coincidence would be unlikely.

DeletedUser

• Read
  • Comprehend
  • Reread
  • Respond
So I'm supposed to wait for you to respond, realize your wrong and then edit yourself.:icon_neutral: Then go back edit my own post because you were wrong the first time but have then corrected yourself. That sounds logical:icon_redface: And you were still wrong about/did not correct the one section of your post which i also pointed out was wrong

A humble player

So I'm supposed to wait for you to respond, realize your wrong and then edit yourself.:icon_neutral: Then go back edit my own post because you were wrong the first time but have then corrected yourself. That sounds logical:icon_redface: And you were still wrong about/did not correct the one section of your post which i also pointed out was wrong

I edited within a minute and a half of posting. If that is too long, it saddens me slightly.
Anyway, as for the other section, it was completely on topic. It talks about builds, and specifically those of some hop! members, who tick admits he (in general) overestimated.

DeletedUser

Are you actualy saying you do not usualy have 24/24k before you reach 9k point or so?:icon_eek:

I would personnaly choose 3.5k points and a level 30 farm,I admit its a bit troop whoring,but its always better to be a troop whore then a point whore.

5k and 28 Farm is not pointwhoring. Something like 5k village and 22 Farm is.

And no, I do not have 24k/24k until my village is fully built at 9499 points (my sexeh build), duh. However, I will get Level 30 farm before that usually.

Niyah (I assume its you cause of the goo use of grammar :lol:), lvl 30 farm at 3.5k is not troop whoring, it just means you have had your racks/stabe/workshop working 24/7 for the majority of time since starting.

It is - to an extent. You are probably using up more time than neccesary to construct your army.

Lets break things down.
Farm is 989 points. This leaves us with 2.5k to work with. Here's my build. I've done this with what is the lowest possible for building requirements:
HQ Level 10 - 52 Points - Lowest it can go without no workshop.
Level 15 Smithy - 244 Points - To build HC. (Can go to Level 12 if you don't want HC)
Workshop Level 2 - 29 Points - You can put it higher, but you are sacrificing population/points otherwise.
Level 25 Warehouse - 477 Points - Needed to build Farm.
Resource Camps Level 20-25 - 576 points to 1431 point (total) as low/high I'd put this. For my total, we'll use Level 23.

What We Have Left:
3500 - 989 - 993 (res at Lvl 23) - 52 - 244 - 29 - 477 = 746 Points remaining.

746 points leaves space for a Level 20 Barracks and a Level 14 Stable, Level 22 Barracks and no stable, Level 20 Stable and Level 11 Barracks or similar build.

Now to compare it to the 5k Build. All buildings will be kept the same, bar the farm/warehouse.
Farm is 824 points. This leaves us with 4.2k to work with. Here's my build. I've done this with what is the lowest possible for building requirements:
HQ Level 10 - 52 Points - Lowest it can go without no workshop.
Level 15 Smithy - 244 Points - To build HC. (Can go to Level 12 if you don't want HC)
Workshop Level 2 - 29 Points - You can put it higher, but you are sacrificing population/points otherwise.
Level 22 Warehouse - 276 Points - Needed to build Farm.
Resource Camps Level 20-25 - 576 points to 1431 point (total) as low/high I'd put this. For my total, we'll use Level 23 (again).

4200 - 824 - 993 (res at Lvl 23) - 52 - 244 - 29 - 276 = 1782 Points remaining.

This leaves Space for a Level 24 Barracks and a Level 20 Stable, a Level 25 Barracks and Level 18/19 Stable - or if you wish, further room to build towards an Academy by increasing Smithy levels, building a market etc.

Of course, these are basic builds - builds stripped down to their core so the barracks and stable can be built as high as possible. Of course, in your actual build you will have a wall, market and similar buildings (because you'd be an idiot not to build a wall) - and this would further negate the benefits of having the lower build - a Level 20 Wall and Level 10 Market would take away another 308 points - leaving the 3.5k build with a meager 438 points 'cap'. (Barely enough to get one to have a decent level barracks (Level 19), yet alone a stable.

I hope you all followed me there - but I'd rather have the facilities to build something quickly rather than take forever to build something. And once your nuke is gone after firing at your target, you will not be able to rebuild as quickly.

I agree with pretty much all you have stated. Is a farm a good indicator of someones potential on this world yes it is but does a lower farm mean that someone is less skilled than a player with a higher farm not at all. The perfect level for a farm right now is how many troops you need to clear your potential noble target and farm and dominate the area around you. We are still at the stage where most tribes have not yet started coordinated ops therefore more troops than are neccesary to dominate your 20x20 or 15x15 are not needed

Also, I do agree. You only need what you can clear.

I enjoyed the thread - good to see a decent conversation going on (if a little too geeky)!
Before, I would have taken the 5k village - mostly because I never used to build up the barracks/stables enough (although still having 24/7 queues, they should have been pumping out quicker in hindsight). Now I know that if your farming area is pretty much uncontested you should be getting troops asap to farm them non-stop, I would have to go for the 3.5k village. Generally because you'd be able to take out that 5k village in likelyhood, and make yourself a nice village to noble.
It's all quite circumstantial I think. You need to be adaptable to your environment. I also don't think it is very practical in comparing a 3.5k villa with 30 farm to a 5k villa with 28 farm - There's no measurement to say which you should be able to get to first!

Very true. In the end my example above is not comprehensive - if you've got good farming, you need not build your resource camps as high as I've suggested.

Farm 28, 5k village. Barracks/Stable > Farm.

^ this.

DeletedUser

hedge clippers said:
Its best to do neither, and as long as you keep thinking how will I look in the forums if I do this, than you will never really be building right.

I can assure you,that you probably post in that way way more then me,anyone who actualy know me know that I post for my own enjoyment,to flame,to poke,to spam,and to sometime bring a valid point to a disussion that concern my tribe/me.But too look good?

For my own way of building my vill,its simple,I dont need farm,troop are useless,I simply rush the academy and build up my mine then noble a 200p barb:icon_cool:

edit:just noticed I posted with wrong acount :O

suppose to be KriidyAndNiyah in 47 (blush)

DeletedUser

I can assure you,that you probably post in that way way more then me,anyone who actualy know me know that I post for my own enjoyment,to flame,to poke,to spam,and to sometime bring a valid point to a disussion that concern my tribe/me.But too look good?

For my own way of building my vill,its simple,I dont need farm,troop are useless,I simply rush the academy and build up my mine then noble a 200k barb:icon_cool:

Acadamy rushing too much is dangerous. I did it the first time I played, and realised had I not been in a huggy-huggy situation, I could have easily been nobled (time zones don't help either, while Aussies are pains in the butt, you can be pains in the butt to them too).

I aim to have my Acadamy between 3 - 4k points (meaning by the time I noble I should be up about 3.8-4.8k points).

DeletedUser

You assume volume of posts=cares:icon_neutral: Do you know what a false dichotomy is? Its where someone makes to unrelated things related when they really arent.
For my own way of building my vill,its simple,I dont need farm,troop are useless,I simply rush the academy and build up my mine then noble a 200k barb:icon_cool:
Sarcasm in the face of having been proven wrong, you can just say ooops I learned something new today. Tbh this really just gives credence to my saying you care too much, if you didnt care, you simply would admit fault instead of trying to save face......:icon_eek: Sorry Ill stop with the logic.

And 2 accounts for the man who doesnt post in the forums regularly and over 3,000 posts, if you add all my accounts together given that I started over a year before you, I dont have that many more posts than your 1 account:icon_redface: Sorry I lied last time with the logic and stuff.

DeletedUser

In case it was confusing...

/sarcasm

To an extent, your theory could be somewhat being serious - and definitions of 'no troops' can sometimes be academy whoring.

Please use sarcasm BB-Codes in future, the difference between you being serious and sarcastic is very small.

DeletedUser

No one here knows how to play... for shame.

I usually have about a 16 farm. (at 10000 points)

DeletedUser

Hmmmm depending on what troops each player has.
If the higher point player has pure O whilst lower point player has mixed village i will go for higher points.
If its the other way round lower points.

DeletedUser

hedge clippers said:
You assume volume of posts=cares Do you know what a false dichotomy is? Its where someone makes to unrelated things related when they really arent.

To be perfectly honest,I think the language barrier avoid me of getting anything of what you just said there:icon_redface:

hedge clippers said:
Sarcasm in the face of having been proven wrong, you can just say ooops I learned something new today. Tbh this really just gives credence to my saying you care too much, if you didnt care, you simply would admit fault instead of trying to save face...... Sorry Ill stop with the logic.

Proved wrong?since when the fact that you disagree with my way of playing is a way to prove im wrong?I would like to learn who claimed your the *The True voice of TW forum*

hedge clippers said:
And 2 accounts for the man who doesnt post in the forums regularly and over 3,000 posts, if you add all my accounts together given that I started over a year before you, I dont have that many more posts than your 1 account Sorry I lied last time with the logic and stuff.

-The fact that we use 2 acount is to allow us to post in the name of W47 acount,Or like I do atm,post in my own name,since this debate concern only me and Not Niyah,I choosed to keep going with my own forum acount,and tbh,It was probably a bad idea to creat a forum acount for our coplayed one in W47,Im pretty sure we will stop using it soon enought.

-Where Did I claimed i do not post often?Im pretty actif in my other world forum,I posted my reason for posting,and never commented the amount of post I could post in a day,this come from your mouth and not mine,so maybe you should stop twisting what I say?mkay?

For the rest,I personnaly dont care about your amount of post,my bad I guess,Im sure its world interest to know that your less/more actif then me on a TW forum:icon_rolleyes:

The Lewder said:
To an extent, your theory could be somewhat being serious - and definitions of 'no troops' can sometimes be academy whoring.

Please use sarcasm BB-Codes in future, the difference between you being serious and sarcastic is very small.

Yeah I agree,the way I posted make difficult to detect my sarcasm,but if you would had know my situation *late start on the rim,kind of warm up for my next world* you would had understood that there's now way I woud rush an academy in W47 :)

*I used roll eye in here,hope it make my sarcasm clear enought:lol:

Edit:now that I answered you,I feel like im going to get out of here since this debate actualy got nothing to do with the topic :)

have a good day yall

KisS KiSs

Kriidy

DeletedUser

As long as you have enough troops to clear any single village in your area and are able to defend against these players as well then I don't see why it matters if you have more or less troops than anyone else, even if that person is near you.

It's simply a case of how you use them.

DeletedUser

As long as you have enough troops to clear any single village in your area and are able to defend against these players as well then I don't see why it matters if you have more or less troops than anyone else, even if that person is near you.

It's simply a case of how you use them.

that is where im at working good so far good thread thanks :booty:

Garrock

I don't think either is a noob... and I don't think it's one players position to call another a noob for doing so. We are going to watch Redaurum (sp) make a successful account with a defensive start-up.. a strategy most disagree with... but played with a good player is a viable strategy.

You can make 20, 22, 23, 25, 27 HQ work.. you can make 28 farm + an earlier noble rush work, but you can also make a 30 farm + later noble rush work as well...

You can be massively active and farm only gray/inactive players and make it work.. you can clear your 15x15 by being aggressive and make it work...

There are alot of good players in this world, and many of them are using different strategies, and proving them to work.

It's a bit sanctimonious to assume one way is better than another, especially when there is plenty of proof and examples of successful start-ups of these various ideologies.