Not A Bug Troops can be sent out of the village before they have returned

iDisbelieve

Reaction score
Description
While trying to see what the limits are of sending out troops as quickly as possible after they return (in a way of preventing back-timing) I discovered that it is actually possible to send out troops earlier than when they return. I discovered this for the first time back on world 113, but I dismissed it as me miscounting the seconds or as some lag issue, but recently I was reminded of this again and I decided to test it again. I have been able to reproduce this bug on world 117, the tournament world and on tribalwars.works

The bug
Because it may get a bit confusing to read this bug, I decided to make a screen capture instead which I will be describing. I uploaded the screen capture to a google drive folder and it can be found at the link below. Make sure to download it instead of watching the preview, cause I don't think the resolution in preview mode makes the milliseconds very readable.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OwtgVXvsKuYm0xJtVkMyYDe74x4PkPG8/view?usp=sharing.

What happens in the screen capture
I have a village with 1 paladin. I have no second paladin whatsoever so I can only launch a paladin attack with this 1 specific unit.
1. I launch an attack on a barbarian village at 02:54:30:486 with a travel time of exactly 10 minutes. Arrival time: 03:04:30:486
2. I wait 30 seconds and cancel the attack (I found this bug more easily reproduceable when waiting at least 30 seconds). Return time: 02:55:30:486
3. I open the map again and open the quick launch window for the same village that is exactly 10 minutes away from me. Here I input the 1 paladin that is not inside the village. After inputing text I will only need to press enter twice to launch an attack (if I have the units to launch this attack).
4. I wait until I get within half a second of the return time and then I start pressing the enter button repeatedly and as quickly as I can. Holding the key down doesn't work cause I'd send too many requests. This step is performed completely manually, no tools were used to send enter keypresses. I do this until I get the notification that an attack has been launched.
5. I go back to the village overview to see the arrival time of: 03:05:30:372 --> This means that my attack was launched 114 (486 - 372) milliseconds before the paladin came back from the cancelled attack. It should not have been possible to get an arrival time earlier than 03:05:30:486 because this time is exactly 10 minutes after the paladin comes back.

Some notes
- I have around 70 ping myself to the Tribalwars servers and this is around the ping I had when making the screen capture
- I found this bug easier to reproduce if I waited longer. I spent 30 minutes trying to get a screen capture of me doing this whilst waiting for a shorter period of time before I cancelled the attack. Once I waited 30 seconds I got it fairly consistently.
- I have not tested to see how this impacts attacks arriving on the same milliseconds as the return time or close to it.
- This is by no means consistent. I cannot reproduce it 100% of the time.
- I only found it possible to reproduce this bug using the quick launch popup on the map.