Not A Bug Troops not sending correctly bug.

kvaea

Reaction score
Bug:

Troops not sending when they are being launched as they return home.

Steps to reproduce:

Login>Send an attack (take note of the return time)>watch the server clock and use "attack again with all troops" to send exactly at the return time.

I can reproduce this bug probably 80% of the time.

Environment:

Speed rounds
Version 8.210

Evidence:

Video displaying the bug, you can see in my last attack that 77 spear did not send even though they should have.

1. The target village had a duration of 14 seconds
2. I sent my first attack to land at 16.32.01.695
3. The return time is 16:32.15.000
4. I launch my attack from reports with "attack again with all troops" at 16:32.15.880
5. The attack does send and lands at 16.32.29.880 however the troops that returned home on .000 of the same second did not send

So the maths is correct, why did it not send?

Other:

Many others have confirmed this bug.

Last edited:

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Thank you for reaching out to us,

In the video it would appear that your 77 spears weren't home at the time of the attack.

Regards,
Bobertini

Last edited:

kvaea

Reaction score
Hey Bobertini,

That is impossible. The attack that lands @ 16.32.29.880 proves that an attack was launched @16.32.15.880. This proves a command to "attack again with all units" was processed, however the troops that returned 16.32.15.000 never sent.

Watch my mouse, the command times and the server clock, the maths is correct those 77 spear should have sent.

This a major issue in a game based on numbers and accurately interacting with those numbers.

Last edited:

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply,

In some cases, there may be a second delay which I believe has occurred here and that it is possible that you sent with what troops were home a second early despite it looking like you sent at the time.

I would advise sending a second later than you'd assume just to make sure both your own internet connection / the servers align correctly.

Please also note that the older the tab is, the more unaligned your internet connection/server time gets.

Regards,
Bobertini

kvaea

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and you're right, I normally do avoid the issue by sending it 1 second later but I dont think this is ideal when timing is a critical factor in the games mechanics.

My only doubt is that the attack did indeed send correctly. Had there been a deviation between my own connection and the server it would not have landed at 16.32.29... I cant find anything to suggest that there was any misalignment

the problem is my troops were not registered as being home despite being home

Last edited:

kvaea

Reaction score
Similar issue here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qw3luowtc0qc5lv/Q69aaAbbfJ.mp4?dl=0

Using the "attack with all troops" template clearly does not work as intended. It is only sending what was in my village at the time of opening the map, everything that recruits during this time is left in my village therefore not attacking with all troops therefore the feature is either giving players misrepresentation of what it does or it is a broken feature.

I'm just completely baffled why there is no urgency to fix this.

Last edited:

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply,

I'll pass this onto @JawJaw and @mellofax whom will be able to further look into this and if confirmed as an issue will be able to pass it onto the developers.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
This is not a bug. The speedworld just works too fast for it to catch up with everything. It is loaded the first time you select "all troops" but after that is not refreshed.

This is also simply impossible without putting strain on the servers; On Speed worlds you can expect this kind of behavior, as every small thing gets enlarged because of the speed, while on regular world the worst case scenario is missing 1 spearman.

We do not consider this as a bug, but simply a technical limitation where a fix would actually do more damage than good. :)

kvaea

Reaction score

Please review this one video, I feel it clarifies the issue more so than any of the previous information. I really find it difficult to believe that the information that is processed when attacking with all troops cannot be changed from Sis (Static information state) to DiS (Dynamic information state or self updating) it would be a great quality of life improvement..

e3413159ffd9b5aad45dec08e97df9ae.png

9aa77a54e95cb947de690dd55383e96f.png

despite being functionally the exact same thing.

Last edited: