Troops

DeletedUser

Hello everyone,

I am confused about number of troops in my village...

Village headquarters 475 workers
Barracks 303
Stable 158
Workshop 72
Academy (I'm not quite sure if W62 is package/gold coin system) 110
Smithy 395
Statue 10
Market 866
Timber camp 2400
Clay pit 2400
Iron mine 2400
Wall 99
--------------
Total: 9688 workers which leaves 14312 for troops.

How should I split this between spears, swords, axes, archers, scouts, LC, HC, rams, cats & mounted archers?
It's my first village so it'll be more defensive than offensive.
Second, should I have more spears than swords? More LCs than HCs?

Thanks for all your answers!

Regards, majseu

DeletedUser93513

Um, I'm not sure where you calculated this from.. but.. you should usually have about 20K population for troops. and around 4K "workers".. even with a 9-10K point village.

Since you wanna make it mostly defensive and it's your first village, I recommend making a lot of Spears/Archers and HC. When it's maxed, a good build could be 6K spears 4K archers and 1800 HC. You should never mix a maxed village. But since it's not maxed you should make a lot of LC for farming I guess. Just some ideas.

Edit: Your resource mines don't take up 2400 farm space each.. only about 300-400 for the wood and clay, and 900 for the iron mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Timber camp 2400
Clay pit 2400
Iron mine 2400

That was his mistake, I think. That's how much is produced in resources on a 1 speed world, and he misquoted.

Timber Camp 326
Clay Pit 447
Iron Mine 949

That's how it should look. That makes 5,932 farm space, which leaves 18,068 farm space. Unfortunately, it looks like he's maxing market, workshop, and HQ, which aren't usually considered good moves.

DeletedUser

Yes, I made a mistake, I'm sorry.

And yes, I'm also a bit confused about buildings... What lvls would you recommend me?

DeletedUser

Generally, here's how people make villages past startup. I will not say any is the best, it depends on you and your playing style:

HQ: 20-25 (I use 20)
Barracks/Stable: 25/20
Workshop: 2-10 (I use 5)
Academy: 1 (only level available on this world)
Smithy: 20
Statue: 1
Market: 15-20 (I use 20)
Timber Camp/Clay Pit/Iron Mine: 30
Hiding Place: 0-10 (I use 10)
Wall: 20

.dan.101

Unless you're bulding a ram/cat heavy build I think 3 is more than enough for the WS.

DeletedUser

Or if you're OCD and like things to end in 5's :icon_biggrin:.

DeletedUser

So what do you say:

HQ 20
Barracks 25
Stable 20
Workshop 3
Smithy 20
Market 20
TC/CP/IM 30
Wall 20
Hiding place 0

.dan.101

Always have hiding place at 10. There's no logical reason to have it below 10 at all.

When you're under heavy attack it allows you to get the wall queued straight away, and that can be worth lots of troopsies.

Or if you're OCD and like things to end in 5's :icon_biggrin:.

2s and 5s for me. :icon_smile:

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Always have hiding place at 10. There's no logical reason to have it below 10 at all.

When you're under heavy attack it allows you to get the wall queued straight away, and that can be worth lots of troopsies.

2s and 5s for me. :icon_smile:

Sorry, what do you mean by wall queued?

.dan.101

Sorry, what do you mean by wall queued?

HP, at 10, stores 2000 of each resource. Assuming you're under attack, on a mass scale, this allows you to put resources into either troop production or getting wall levels put into he HQ queue for rebuilding.

Can't remember how many levels it allows you, but every little helps.